Start by marking “Whatever You Do, Don't Run: True Stories and Reflections by Not-So-Rugged Rangers” as Want to Read:

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  12 reviews
An collection of encounters in the wilds by a group of true-blue game rangers. Anecdotes of perilous metings with dangerous animals are interspersed with self-deprecatory asides, ruminations on nature - and the foibles of the 'nature tourist'.
Published April 30th 2010 by Tafelberg

To ask other readers questions about Whatever You Do, Don't Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whatever You Do, Don't Run

Suzanne Moelands
I always love a humorous book with real life stories. Had a few good laughs with this one.
Jodi
Especially fun if you've been on Safari or dream of a trip!
Debbie
I would actually give this book 3 1/2 stars if it were possible. I found the descriptions of both animal and human nature very interesting and sometimes quite amusing. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in Africa and its wildlife.
Kyle Wendy Skultety (gimmethatbook.com)
Collection of humorous and touching stories about life as a guide in the African bush. The stories about the annoying tourists and the animal behavior were my favorite I cannot imagine visiting Africa for a tour, much less living on the edge of civilization, but the author makes life sound interesting and desirable. There were even a few photos in the book, of African wildlife encountered by the tourists and guides. Altogether, an innocuous little read.
Debra Wake
I liked this. I read it on my Nook. I will probably never go to Africa so it was great to go there in the pages of this book. The descriptive writing made me feel as if I really was on an African safari. This is a true story
Ann
Loved this ramble through life as a safari guide. I could never be that brave, but how wonderful to earn a living this way. Lots of humour whilst learning quite a bit about the wildlife too. A really enjoyable read.
Hanna Soltow
This would have made a really good blog, but didn't quite cut it as a book. Not bad for a $3 book though, and some of the stories were very funny.
Kim Snyder
Not a book that held my attention. Too many short stories and not all that funny
Jane Rocks
The true adventures of a game park guide. A very light and amusing read.
Guido Desciscio
Hahah, haha, ha, hahahaha, ha, hahaahahaha
The rest you can discover
Tammy Krueger
what those rangers go through......
nora
entertaining, educational too
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Ms
Ms marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Dang Villamor
Dang Villamor marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Taunya
Taunya marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Sue Gergen
Sue Gergen marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Helen Ambeault
Helen Ambeault marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Mark Smeltz
Mark Smeltz marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Koren Gnirck
Koren Gnirck marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Trudie
Trudie marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Alanna Cappelli
Alanna Cappelli marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Chris
Chris added it
Dec 06, 2013
Stephen Korsman
Stephen Korsman marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
David Hood grew up just outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia. In 1977, he left high school to join the Canadian Navy. After serving four years on the HMCS Onondaga Submarine, he left the Navy and entered Mount Saint Vincent University, where he completed a BA in political science. Since then he has earned four additional degrees, including a doctoral degree in History from Carleton in 2008. Over the pa ...more
More about David Hood...
The Chess Men Competitive SME: Building Competitive Advantage through Marketing Excellence for Small to Medium Sized Enterprises The Marketing Manifesto Schach Und Matt Down but Not Out: Community and the Upper Streets in Halifax, 1890�1914