Start by marking “Dolphins and Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide)” as Want to Read:
Dolphins and Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide)

Dolphins and Sharks (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #9)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  721 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure inMagic Tree House #9: Dolphins at Daybreak,they had lots of questions. Did dolphins ever live on land? How do dolphins communicate? How do sharks hunt for food? Which sharks are the most dangerous? Find out the an
Library Binding, First Edition, 128 pages
Published June 24th 2003 by Random House for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2003)

Charissa Sophia de la Rosa
Thanks to this, I learned a lot of things about sharks and dolphins. And I thought all dolphins look the same!
Angela
Jan 16, 2010 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dolphins and sharks was very interesting. I really liked learning that the Killer whale was actually a dolfin. It was a great book and I'm glad that I read it. My favorite dolphin was the spinner dolfin. I may not like sharks, but my favorites were the maco sharks and the hammerhead shark. I can't wait till some of the other reasearch guides come out. They are really good. It is cool about some of the dolphins about what they do and how the comunicate. At first I thought that sharks always atack ...more
Chris Flores
Jan 08, 2016 Chris Flores rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like in Book i nod Dolphins 50 miles in digger
Taylor Laird
Nov 06, 2015 Taylor Laird rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edrd314
This was an easy read, and read almost like a picture book. It had a lot of pictures that went along with the story. This read was more of like an informational read, as the two kids research dolphins and sharks and discover some really cool facts, even though it is a fictional book. This could be read by any child that has an interest in dolphins and sharks, along with many of the other Tree House books. This book could be read along with the fictional based book of Dolphins at Daybreak. It is ...more
Linda Branich
Nov 08, 2014 Linda Branich rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s, science
This non-fiction fast-trscker is a companion read to the Magic Tree House series #9, Dolphins at Daybreak.
It is an excellent resourse book for children, probably grades 2-4, maybe even grade 5 , depending on their reading level. Difficult, scientific words are also spelled phonetically so that the reader can use 'big' words and pronounce them correctlh when telling about the book. At the end of the book are many suggestions for children who wish to learn more about dolphins and sharks, including
Megan
Jan 10, 2015 Megan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mark really enjoyed the beginning of this book, and then lost interest. He gained interest in the Magic Tree House series, which is a good thing. I thought sharks would hold his interest and this book might hold his interest when he's a little older and can read it himself. In general, I like this series as my kids pass through this age.
Dolly
Feb 28, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is the first time that we've borrowed the non-fiction Research Guides that is the companion to the Magic Tree House story (in this case, Dolphins at Daybreak.) Interesting, but this book doesn't hold our girls' interests quite as good as the stories do. I was surprised, honestly, at how much our oldest really enjoyed this book. But it is ideal for elementary school-age children, with lots of pictures and facts, and not too much information.
Elizabeth
My kids (5&9) LOVED this book. We read every single fact. They asked questions and liked learning about sharks and dolphins.
خلود
Jul 10, 2014 خلود rated it really liked it
Very interesting specially thats part which talk about different kinds of Dolphins and Sharks
some has very strange appear such as Great Hammerhead Shark!
Carly Christensen
Apr 17, 2014 Carly Christensen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I learned about dolphins and sharks when they are babies and grownups.
Hannah
Feb 02, 2015 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like learning about sharks and dolphins. ...more
Rebecca
May 17, 2014 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
enter the world of dolphins and discovery.
Nick
Jan 14, 2014 Nick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved to learn since I read the magic tree house fact tracker/research guides. and this ones great I almost always afraid of sharks in pools/bathtub/beach when I was little.(but im still afraid of the beach part) may the facts be with you.
PhiSquared
Sep 06, 2013 PhiSquared rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is good for kids like us because on some other resourse books I have read the information is so hard to piece together and organize and there are so many dates and things you must write down. But this book is already pre-organized for you so the information is easy to remember and there are extra resources that she put in there that are organized into groups so everything is easy to take in.
Sam
May 31, 2010 Sam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How fast can some dolphins swim? What is the biggest shark? Why do sharks attack? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this Magic Tree House Research Guide! Includes an illustrated gallery of dolphins and sharks, information on the ocean, dolphin communication, how sharks hunt for food, ocean exploration, and lots more!
Kayla
after annie and Jack get back from their adventure to the ocean they have a lot of questions about dolphins and sharks. this book is between fiction and non fiction. the information about dolphins and sharks is true but the story line is not. it has a lot of great facts about dolphins that are useful to know for a science class.
Twyla
Jack & Annie are telling me all about dolphins & sharks. They tell me what kinds of dolphins there are like killer whales, bottenose dolphins, and other kinds. I liked the bottlenose dolphin because it looked pretty. They also tell me what kind of sharks there are like the tiger shark and the hammerhead shark. Auryn 7yo
Lynn
May 01, 2011 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son loves learning about dolphins and sharks, and thought this book was fantastic. We actually read this book before reading "Dolphins At Daybreak". We will continue reading the rest of the Magic Tree House Research Guide books along with the Magic Tree House books.
Hailey Peterson
When i read this book it really stood out that this book is for little kids who are interested in sealife. The reading was very simple and had good little parts of information. Not something i would really recommmend to anybody. Thats why it only got 2 stars. :(
Steve
Jan 13, 2010 Steve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book told me a lot a dolphins and sharks that I dint know. I espsholy like the part's that tell about what dolphins can do and I like lrening about the difent speece of dolphins.
Tiffany Lynn
May 05, 2010 Tiffany Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok well this book I've learned so much well kinda but I definitley found out some things that I never knew about dolphins hah(:
Maggie
Feb 16, 2011 Maggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book so much I stayed up to read it!
It is full to bursting with interesting facts!
Kristine Hansen
Sep 07, 2013 Kristine Hansen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, nature, animals
This one was very interesting. I knew very little about dolphins and learned a lot.
Giajzz Espin
Dec 04, 2011 Giajzz Espin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
only part i like is the shark part! (i love sharks,like to read about them)
Olivia
Oct 13, 2008 Olivia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book has a lot of cool facts about sharks and dolphins!
↓→♫вяιтнαиу↓→
dont really know so much about dolphins so have 2 read this book
Cindy Pardew
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers 2003
ChIkkA FoReVeR
this book was a little bit good :)........LOL:)
Meghna Lipcon
Jul 19, 2014 Meghna Lipcon rated it it was amazing
It was a great book I learned so much
Lilly
Nov 17, 2009 Lilly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
mostly tells about dolphins and sharks
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • The Planets in Our Solar System
  • Hungry, Hungry Sharks!
  • March On!: The Day My Brother Martin Changed the World: The Day My Brother Martin Changed The World
  • Oil Spill!
  • Weird but True! 2: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #2)
  • The Talking T. Rex (A to Z Mysteries, #20)
  • Surprising Sharks (Boston Globe-Horn Book Honors (Awards))
  • Leaving The Shallows (Dolphin Diaries #9)
  • Horrible Harry at Halloween
  • Sharks
  • Dolphins! (Step into Reading, Step 3)
  • What Is the World Made Of?: All About Solids, Liquids, and Gases
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)
  • American Revolution (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #11)