Start by marking “Primal Heat (Primes, #5) ” as Want to Read:
Primal Heat (Primes, #5)

Primal Heat (Primes, #5) (Primes #5)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  1,598 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Can a heroic vampire protect his clan from danger -- and save himself from burning desire?

As Prime of his vampire Family, Mathias Bridger is sworn to protect his own kind at any cost -- but years of acting as a fierce guardian of his people have left him yearning for more out of life. His chance comes in the form of Phillipa Elliot, the beautiful police officer whose all

Published July 25th 2006 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Primal Heat (Primes, #5), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primal Heat (Primes, #5)

Feral Sins by Suzanne  WrightGo Fetch! by Shelly LaurenstonPack Challenge by Shelly LaurenstonTempting the Beast by Lora LeighBitten by Kelley Armstrong
Best Werewolf Erotica
155th out of 406 books — 660 voters
Mortal Bite by Sharon HamiltonHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostShadow Love by Claudy ConnHoneymoon Bite by Sharon HamiltonVampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Best Vampire Series Adult or YA
116th out of 262 books — 176 voters

More lists with this book...

Amber Rose
May 15, 2008 Amber Rose rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who loves firey passion and english accents
Recommended to Amber by: My mother...
Susan did it again! Another of her entrancing stories with beautiful charactors, a twisting plot and chemistry that set the sheets on fire. Phillipa is a strong woman, but like all strong women, she has a weakness. Matt Bridger, the mysterious best man with an accent that makes my skin chill. He has a sweet tooth for Phillipa and he wants to satisfy it.

Drawn togehter for one night of firey passion, Matt leave Phillipa in her bed without a backward glance. Years later, they come together again as
Laura the Highland Hussy
the only thing that kept this from being a 5 is that the hero and heroine went from lust to love without seeing each other for 3 years. It wasn't believable enough for me. The rest of the storyline, the side characters, everything else was fabulous. The lust was great, but it wasn't quite a 5.
Philippa had a one night stand with Matthias at her sister's wedding and 3 years later for the baby's blessing/baptism, they meet again. But Philippa's supposedly going through a ton of stuff...but we don'
Danielle

A great series if you like the sexual strong male characters and their equally strong minded mates. For those who like vampires and romance will not want to put the book down. At the wedding of Phillipa Elliot's sister Josephine to Marcus Cage, she meets Prime vampire Matt Bridger and the pair come together for a night of great sex. Three years later they are brought together to be godparents of her newly born nephew Brandon. When the family comes under attack from Purists with an agenda of thei
Marie
Well, I picked this up in a clearance bin and didn't realize it was the fifth one in a series -- but to be honest, it didn't much matter. The world was easy enough to figure out, but I'm sure whatever questions I did have could have been answered in the first book.

Still, I'm not a big fan of this book because while it was a quick read and served it's purpose well-- a divider between two different fantasy series I wanted to read, I don't think I'll be picking up anything by this author again.

The
Kristen
Viohlet
This was really hard to follow. It jumped around from viewpoint to viewpoint (total of four) and a lot of description was left out. It never fully made sense.

Also, the author just assumed readers would know what she also does, as I can across quite a few terms and abbreviations that I had no idea of the meaning of, and it was never explained.

Also, in this alternate 'supernatural exists' type world, there's no history. Half the time, I had no idea what anyone was on about. There was no backstory,
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Phillipa is at her sisters vamp wedding & meets Matthias. They have a fling. Oops... they are bonded. 3 years later they are together again & are solving a mystery. Robberies, murders & purists after Phillipa, her sister & new nephew.

In between the wedding & baptism Phillipa was shot. What that has to do with anything was beyond me. The how or why never came up, so maybe it's in another book? But after reading several of these stories, they're all this way. Tidbits thrown in
mlady_rebecca
Edit 12/10/2010:

Oops! Re-read this one and didn't realize it was a re-read. Talk about forgettable. Did like the scene with werewolf in the lion cage. That felt vaguely familiar, but I was attributing that to a similar story from another author. Previous review stands. Fast, decent read, but forgettable.

*****

Review from August 31, 2008.

I read this really fast, and I was enjoying it while I was in the middle of the story, but I think it's ultimately one of those forgettable books.

With the best s
Nicki Markus
This is standard fare for a PNR series: vampire and mortal love, werewolves and action. What I did like about this series was that, while this was the fifth book in a series, you could read it as a standalone piece. Perhaps there would have been more information on some of the vampire hierarchy in the earlier books, but previous events were never referred to, so you didn't feel like you were stepping into a story part way through.

I did think the lead characters' romance was a bit fast and unbeli
Gina
Susan Sizemore does it again. She creates colorful characters that stand out on their own, and this time you didn't know who the 'evil' one was until near the end. I was surprised how Phillipa went with the flow instead of demanding more. She seemed stronger a character than that at the beginning, even with everything going on in her life. Still, I was happy to see her and Matt together. There was just the right amount of action, even though I would have liked to see a battle between Phillipa an ...more
Jenny Q
I really liked this! Yes, it's another vampire series, but it's different enough to stand out. And it has werewolves, too, and ya'll know I like a good werewolf! Sizemore has a very easy, natural writing style with a touch of humor and a lot of heat! (But it's fairly clean, and no cussing, either.) It's got a good plot that kept me guessing. (Though I could've done with a few less POV shifts.) This is fifth in a series and all of the main characters are in various types of law enforcement, which ...more
Andreasoldier
I read one book in this series and thank goodness. Clan, Tribe, Family, Purists, Prime? Sooner or later, mostly later most becomes clear, but there is a lot unanswered.
Basically the two leads, one a vampire, have a one-night stand at a wedding and can't forget each other. They meet again at a family chrtistening and wham-bam thank you ma'am they're back in bed.
True love through sex. Not much substance in the relationship, but a little more in the story. The Purists want to kill all vampires, th
nicole
Beth
I didn't realize that I was reading the fifth book of this series. I'd like to go back and read at least the first in the series to see if it helps make sense of some of this book. I liked the characters Matt (Mathias - what an awesome name) and Phillipa, but I would've liked to have seen more memorable steamy scenes. It seems like they were just falling all over each other for no reason; I'd like to see if the previous books explain the bonding a little better. It's not one of my favorite books ...more
Michelle
Matthias Bridger is the enforcer for the Families--the vampire charged with keeping order within the race so that the uneasy peace with the human race can continue. He knows first hand what the loss of a bondmate can mean to a Prime male and he's never been willing to put himself in that position. His cousin Marcus has other plans, however, and conspires to throw Matt and his sister-in-law Phillippa together at every opportunity.
Trina
3.5**
Kristin
There's a reason I love Susan Sizemore! Her books are rather addicting. Book 5 and I'm not bored. I love that werewolves are really coming into play and that in Primal Heat you really get the feel for the whole vampire society - complete w/ their own cop!
Lacy
Working on my review. But one thing I learned is that it is tough picking up a part of a series that is as closely connected as the Primes when it's been years since you read the earlier books and you haven't read the previous book. Definitely read these books in order and as close together as you can.
Lyn
Definately a great read. I enjoyed the different concept of Sizmore's vampire world. I was drawn in by the main character's Mathias Bridger's masculine prowess and lusty passion for his intended Phillipa Elliot who happenes to be a beautiful fiesty cop. Great plot and great ending. One of my favs for PNR!
Jan
Dec 09, 2007 Jan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance - Vampire Lovers
The 5th book in the Vampire “PRIMES” series

Another delicious and lustful 8 hour marathon read. I’ve always had a weakness for british male accents and a good looking guy with smile dimples always makes my insides turn to goo. Matt Bridger Muurroowwwww!!!!
Omly
These books are addictive, but romantic vampire fluff at best. I like the way she has decided to play out both vampire and werewolf culture and limitations in many respects, but for some reason I just can't get behind the bond-mates.
Penny
I kept stalling in begining to read this book ,but as soon as i picked up i couldn't put it down. Love the romance, mystery, paranomal and humor. The characters were very intresting and brought the whole story together.
Lady
Oct 16, 2012 Lady marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Tina
Nov 14, 2012 Tina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: fsf
This was my favorite book in the Prime series so far. I finished it in a few short hours, just couldnt put it down. On to the next.....
Michele bookloverforever
this was the book that hooked me into the series. enjoyable. romance, danger, mystery, intrigue...has it all.
I love her books and like the rest i can't put it down until i am done when i start reading them
Delia
Remember.....Twilight this is NOT!!!
just doing some comparative reading.....
yeah right!!!
*****what It
Jul 19, 2008 *****what It rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: vampire romance
I'll never be able to hear "Fat Bottom Girls" without thinking of this book.
Rebecca
Yummy yummy yummy matthais and phillipa awesome couple loved it
Donna Thomas
My favorite of Susan Sizemore, have not found one as good since.
  • Desire After Dark (Vampire Trilogy, #3)
  • The Shadows of Christmas Past (Christmas Series, #3) (Primes, #2.5)
  • The Cursed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #3)
  • Seduced by Crimson (Crimson City, #5)
  • Night of the Huntress (Brotherhood of Blood, #2)
  • Eternal Craving (Gods of the Night, #2)
  • Prince of Twilight (Wings in the Night #12)
  • Crimson Rogue (Crimson City, #6)
  • Hunter's Moon (Nightcreature, #2)
  • A Taste of Crimson (Crimson City, #2)
  • Master of Wolves (Mageverse, #3)
  • Seduced by the Night (Night Slayer, #2)
Susan Sizemore's life and interests include such varied activities as medieval costuming and embroidery, being a chef, and working in the defense industry.She is owned by her spoiled rotten, beloved mutt dog, rather than the other way around, and this is just fine with her.Current hobbies include hiking and studying t'ai chi. She travels whenever she can, loves history, loud music, movies, good co ...more
More about Susan Sizemore...
I Burn for You (Primes, #1) I Thirst for You (Primes, #2) Master of Darkness (Primes, #4) I Hunger for You (Primes, #3) Primal Desires (Primes, #6)