Start by marking “Come Lie With Me” as Want to Read:
Come Lie With Me

Linda Howard

Come Lie With Me

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  1,738 ratings  ·  54 reviews
Blake Remington lives life to the fullest. So when a terrible accident robs him of his ability to walk, it also takes away all of his desire to live. Dione Kelly, a physical therapist, takes on his case and begins to heal this broken man and help him realize there is so much more to gain from living. While forcing Blake to face his inner demons, Dione begins to face her ow ...more
Paperback
Published September 1st 1993 by Silhouette Books (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Come Lie With Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come Lie With Me

Jemma Gutierrez
"Think of it as therapy," he encouraged. "A sort of repayment for your own therapeutic knowledge. You gave me a reason to live, and I'll show you how to live."

This is my 2nd Linda Howard book this day! YUP! Two books in a day and i am NOT disappointed! Linda Howard creates a plot that are straight from every woman's romantic fantasy.

You want to spend a romantic weekend alone? By all means, grab her books and enjoy yourself! Her plots are always interesting, her writing fetching, her heroines
Lesli
Good, good, good book! This is the kind of book that makes me want to find a wounded man and make him whole. Ok, I REALLY didn't just type that did I? LOL Anyhow, this is a great read. Meet two people with emotional scars (not to mention a few physical ones, too) that heal each other and fall in love. A similar read is Adam's Fall by Sandra Brown (which I read years ago).
Anita Fleming
Bad, just really bad. I love Linda Howard, but this book is just plain bad. Dione is a private duty physical therapist who has taken on the case of Blake, a sports enthusiast, test pilot, engineer, who has suffered a devastating accident and can't walk. The doctors have repaired him, but he refuses to rehabilitate or cooperate. Dione brings him back to life and falls in love with him. The last 10% of the book was pretty good.
Bridget
I was disappointed with this Linda Howard book. I've enjoyed most of her books so far but this one was so tepid, so bland, so average. I disliked Blake's use of the word 'Lady' when addressing Dione. It was OK before he got to know Dione, but when they've established a relationship, using the impersonal 'lady' when addressing her, was annoying.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
I can sum this book up in one line: "An engagement heart." OMG It was funny, sexy, and heartbreakingly tender. Ok. It was a tad cliche at times, but, hey, if I want to read something deep, I wouldn't be reading books like these. I want sexy fun without having too use too many brain cells to get through intricate plots and stuff.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Don't know if I just wasn't in the mood to read this or what but I struggled getting through. I wasn't in love with any of the characters. It had a bit of the love-hate thing going. But I could understand where Blake was coming from. I can't imagine how I'd feel in his situation. I'm sure I wouldn't be Sally Sunshine that is for sure.
Kristin
While this book started off really good and promising, surprisingly once the love story of this book began it all went downhill. Dione is a physical therapist who works very closely with one client at a time; living in their homes and putting their life on a strict routine while helping them learn to walk again. Her most recent case is Blake, a young and vibrant man who always lived life to the fullest and got injured while mountain climbing. He has been wheelchair bound for 2 years and is quick ...more
Kathryn Reeder
I really love Linda Howard's books. She is a great author. This book is a romance about a physical therapist who help her patient walk again. I think it's an entertaining book and I like it.
Dee
Well, I rounded this one up to 3 from 2.5 stars.
Compared to other early Linda Howard books this comes across as a bit tepid. Sure, sometimes the man are borderline abusive in her other works, but you can certainly see the sparks fly - this one just sort of sizzles then damp squibs it. It'a a book about a therapist and like therapy this book is slow going. I think I might be over my Linda Howard retrospective now....well, maybe just my teenaged favourite, Shades Of Twilight for old times sake.
Amanda Grooms
One of my favorite re-reads.... I love this story of rehabilitation and a couple growing toward a true love. Great story!
Verrrry 80s.
Jane Stewart
3 ½ stars. I liked it. It was enjoyable. Therapist helps an injured man build muscles and walk again.

STORY BRIEF:
Dione was raped at 18 and fears intimacy and love. She hasn’t been with a man since (12 years). She works as a physical therapist with one patient at a time, living with them for months, helping them build and regain the use of their bodies. Blake was a successful engineer who was injured in a mountain climbing accident. He has been in a wheelchair for two years. He has no will to liv
Pangastuti
At first i have these feeling that i've read it before and it turn out the story is somehow similar to Adam Falls by Sandra Brown and Blind Promises by Diana Palmer. it's about a therapist that had to handle a difficult patient, there's a difference of course in the story about the therapist's past
Tania Martins
Giro dentro do estilo da autora, gostei do romance mas a protagonista apesar do passado difícil foi um bocado parvinha mais para o final, Blake foi mais insistente e consistente como protagonista e apaixonado apesar da dificuldade do acidente que o atirou para uma cadeira de rodas!
Adriana Fogaça
Desperte Comigo.
Linda Howard.
H.R. Romance 67.
2012.

A Linda Howard nunca me decepcionou, os textos dela são sempre elaborados e coerentes, não há do que reclamar. É uma garantia de uma ótima leitura e entretenimento.

Amei cada linha de Desperte Comigo, emocionante, revelador e principalmente romântico. Mocinho perdido em resentimentos e dor, não quer fazer fisioterapia para voltar a andar. Mocinha linda, sensual e fisioterapeuta. Perdida em falsas ideias e traumas do passado.

A irmã e o cunhado jun
Judy Goodnight
Obviously an early book in the author's body of work.

I liked the early part of the book where the heroine, a private physical therapist, takes the case and comes to get the hero out of his depressive funk & works to get him up and walking again. And I liked the happy ending.

What I didn't like - the over-the-top abusive background for the heroine. Her mother never loved her, abandoned her as a child, never adopted, never fostered, AND she gets married at 18 to a man who rapes & abuses her
Robin
Paralyzed in a mountain climbing accident two years ago, Blake Remington has lost his will to live. Physical therapist Dione Kelly has looked at his case and believes she can make him walk again. But in helping Blake regain his ability to walk, Dione faces her own vulnerabilities and starts to heal herself.

I really enjoyed the first 200 pages of this book. But then the heroine decided that the hero didn't know his own mind. She thought he was just infatuated with her and would quickly lose inter
Lis
"Me diste una razón para vivir, yo te enseñaré a vivir "

Me gustó y no me gustó.
Me gustó la primero mitad del libro, luego se tornó meh
Ruth
It started out kinda weak for a LH book. I have a 3 chapter rule to chuck if not good & this one came super close to getting chucked.....then each chapter beyond got better & better until this ended up being one of my personal all time best romance reads ever! It is sensitive, believable & has some HOT scenes I would never have seen coming (yet realistic). Loved the book.......Be forewarned the start of it is rough however; but I would read again.
Jeeperz96
Just reread this and added it to my Never-again shelf. This "professional" therapist decides to seduce her patient (for his own good) even though she can't bear to be touched. Not enough gag sounds to type.

I really like most of Linda Howards books but I can tell this one was written early in her career as well as 30 years ago in the romance novel lifetime.
Nora Leduc
I enjoy Linda Howard but would have enjoyed this more if it hadn't been labeled as a romantic suspense.
Jodie Avery
Romance, need that every now and again. Can be a bit inspiring and humorous at times. Good easy read.
Adwina Ralston Cumberbatch
lumayan bikin sedih
cowonya cedera parah gara2 kecelakaan
udah 4 tahun dy diem di kursi roda
sampai suatu saat adek iparnya
mempekerjakan cewe buat ngurus dy
pada akhirnya tuh cewe nyelametin dy
dr jurang keputus asaan
dan akhirnya luka fisiknya sembuh dgn kehangatan cwe itu..
dan juga luka hatinya
Sadie
From constant repetition of key points or opinions to outbursts revealing personal trauma to people of short acquaintance, this story is definitely one of Howard's earlier books. While I love her current releases, this one had me rolling my eyes far too often to truly lose myself in the story.
Julie

I really loved this book. Dione is so intensely vulnerable that she put up a hard exterior, not unlike Blake's anger with her in the beginning that was really about his disability.
Season
I felt like I had read this one before. I knew right away what was going to happen so I was disappointed in it. Not sure if I have read it or not. Blake and Dione were both good, strong characters, but something seemed lacking to me.
Book Him Danno
Good story, lots of sex. Maybe not enough story for the amount of sex. The wondering about the attraction between the couple was strange, the heroin kept worrying and yet he wanted only her. Silly fears and lots of sex.
  • Upon a Midnight Clear: The Teacher / Christmas Magic / Jolly Holly / If Only in My Dreams / White Out
  • The Outlaw and the Lady (Daughters of Fortune, #1)
  • On Wings of Magic
  • Beautiful Dreamer
  • The Tender Stranger (Silhouette Desire, #230)
  • A Life Worth Living
  • Double Exposure: From A Gift of Love
  • Heartthrob
  • Nightfall
  • Move Heaven and Earth
  • A Time To Die
  • His Secondhand Wife
  • Grand Passion
  • Devotion (Hawthorne, #2)
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Last Summer
  • Entwined (The Ten, #1)
  • Love Beyond Reason (Candlelight Ecstasy, #29)

Linda S. Howington was born on August 3, 1950 in Alabama, United States. She began to write at nine years old, and wrote for twenty years for her own enjoyment. She worked at a trucking company where she met her husband, and then decided to try and get her work published in 1980. [1:] Her first work was publishe
More about Linda Howard...
Mr. Perfect After the Night Dream Man Open Season Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1)