Start by marking “Come Lie With Me” as Want to Read:
Come Lie With Me

Linda Howard

Come Lie With Me

3.6  ·  Rating Details ·  2,238 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
Blake Remington lives life to the fullest. So when a terrible accident robs him of his ability to walk, it also takes away all of his desire to live. Dione Kelly, a physical therapist, takes on his case and begins to heal this broken man and help him realize there is so much more to gain from living. While forcing Blake to face his inner demons, Dione begins to face her ow ...more
Paperback
Published September 1st 1993 by Silhouette Books (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Come Lie With Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come Lie With Me

Litzy
Jun 14, 2016 Litzy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, contemporaneo
ellos dos hacen una pareja perfecta, me he reido mucho y he tenido un nudo en el estomago con la historia de ella.
El final me ha gustado pero tanta desconfiaza de él hacia ella me cansaba. Al final me gusto Selena aunque al principio pense que no la soportaria.
Naksed
Sweet, humorous romance pitting an irascible patient with the no-nonsense therapist who is going to make sure he walks again, come hell or highwater. The first half of the novel was wonderful. Linda Howard injects her humorous banter and some truly comical scenes as these two strong and stubborn individuals lock horns to the bemusement of the people surrounding them.

Second half of the novel was a bit of a let down. Why can't we have a strong, confident female character without necessarily saddli
Kathy
Sep 08, 2016 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Linda Howard (and an early one at that) that I had not read. Yay!!

This is a pretty compelling book featuring a heroine dealing with the aftermath of a rape years ago and an abusive parent in her childhood paired with an adrenaline junky hero who's learning to walk again after a mountain climbing accident.

I had only one teeny tiny gripe. Blake, the intrepid hero, has this habit of calling the heroine "Lady" when she pisses him off and every single damned time, this is the image that popped in
Aarann
I have to make this short because I'm typing this on a phone. The evil overlords at work have finally blocked Goodreads from our computers. How dare they expect me to be productive?

Anyway, overall, I liked this one but it is far from my favorite LH. It's basically the same story as Adam's Fall by Sandra Brown, one of my very favorites, only this time the FMC was emotionally damaged by a horrific and violent marriage. So of course when she realizes that Adam Blake needs to feel that he can "be a
Cruth
Author: Linda Howard
First published: 1984
Length: 3071 locations (kindle)
Setting: Contemporary, Phoenix.
Sex: Explicit. Frequent but not until the end.
Hero: Businessman who enjoys extreme sports.
Heroine: Physical Therapist.
Triggers: (view spoiler)

Written completely from the heroine’s pov, it’s pretty typical of what I’ve seen in Howard’s work. An interesting, intrigu
Jasha Gutierrez
"Think of it as therapy," he encouraged. "A sort of repayment for your own therapeutic knowledge. You gave me a reason to live, and I'll show you how to live."

This is my 2nd Linda Howard book this day! YUP! Two books in a day and i am NOT disappointed! Linda Howard creates a plot that are straight from every woman's romantic fantasy.

You want to spend a romantic weekend alone? By all means, grab her books and enjoy yourself! Her plots are always interesting, her writing fetching, her heroines
Bridget
Nov 12, 2012 Bridget rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed with this Linda Howard book. I've enjoyed most of her books so far but this one was so tepid, so bland, so average. I disliked Blake's use of the word 'Lady' when addressing Dione. It was OK before he got to know Dione, but when they've established a relationship, using the impersonal 'lady' when addressing her, was annoying.
Veronika
My 5-Facts Review ('Cuz I'm lazy busy reading)

COME LIE WITH ME BY LINDA HOWARD
(2 stars)
________________________________

I love Linda Howard's books, but this one simply did not work for me. Surprisingly, the reason of my dislike was the romance, which is usually the best thing in a Linda Howard book.

The chemistry between the main characters was nonexistent, and this made the romance extremely uncomfortable! The lack of trust between them killed the romance part for me.

I did not like the her
แตโดยรวมสนุกดี
Lesli
Jul 14, 2010 Lesli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2002
Good, good, good book! This is the kind of book that makes me want to find a wounded man and make him whole. Ok, I REALLY didn't just type that did I? LOL Anyhow, this is a great read. Meet two people with emotional scars (not to mention a few physical ones, too) that heal each other and fall in love. A similar read is Adam's Fall by Sandra Brown (which I read years ago).
Anita
May 14, 2013 Anita rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, kindle-own
Bad, just really bad. I love Linda Howard, but this book is just plain bad. Dione is a private duty physical therapist who has taken on the case of Blake, a sports enthusiast, test pilot, engineer, who has suffered a devastating accident and can't walk. The doctors have repaired him, but he refuses to rehabilitate or cooperate. Dione brings him back to life and falls in love with him. The last 10% of the book was pretty good.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
I can sum this book up in one line: "An engagement heart." OMG It was funny, sexy, and heartbreakingly tender. Ok. It was a tad cliche at times, but, hey, if I want to read something deep, I wouldn't be reading books like these. I want sexy fun without having too use too many brain cells to get through intricate plots and stuff.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Don't know if I just wasn't in the mood to read this or what but I struggled getting through. I wasn't in love with any of the characters. It had a bit of the love-hate thing going. But I could understand where Blake was coming from. I can't imagine how I'd feel in his situation. I'm sure I wouldn't be Sally Sunshine that is for sure.
Lyndi
Feb 10, 2015 Lyndi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars Dione really bothered me. Her behavior was kinda ridiculous. I was enjoying the book quite a bit until about half way through when she decided to seduce her patient. Also, I absolutely hate it when a woman tells a man that he can't possibly love her. It is rude, unfair, and I've never read a story where it was actually true. The guy has never said "You're so right, thank you for saving me from wasting my life by your side!"

So yeah, about halfway through I started to hate Dione. Would
Amanda Sheila
I really enjoyed reading this book.

It's obvious; mean and stubborn Hero and heroine with actual backbone who dare to defy him? The best. I laughed a lot and I truly enjoyed the minor drama even though it's minor, it's deep I felt it straight to my core. Blake is an a$$hole, but I perfectly understand why he become one. I'm so proud at Dione for not cowering in fear when he starts yelling and throwing things. She's the best.

It's been a while since I read Linda Howard's book and somehow this boo
Eve
Feb 26, 2016 Eve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Come Lie with Me (Paperback)
by Linda Howard

description

Physiotherapist, Dione Kelley, is hired to help a handsome entrepreneur, Blake Remingtone, who's been unable to walk after a horrific accident. He has not been cooperative with his previous therapists and has become bitter, frustrated and angry, he has essentially "given up" on life. When Dione and Blake first meet, he's very rude and obnoxious to her, so Dione has to break throug through the walls he’s put up.

This story does have a lot of similarities
Renette Julius
To me romance novels are a bit like chocolate. No nutritional value, but it tastes damn good. So as a rule, I don't feel the need to review them. But sometimes, like when eating cheap chocolate, it leaves a bad aftertaste. This book is one of those cases.

It started out quite well. I really liked Dione until she got a case of TSTL-itis. Her plan to arouse her patient was unprofessional, stupid and the product of fallacious reasoning. She told herself that she would never be scared of Blake, but s
Kristin
While this book started off really good and promising, surprisingly once the love story of this book began it all went downhill. Dione is a physical therapist who works very closely with one client at a time; living in their homes and putting their life on a strict routine while helping them learn to walk again. Her most recent case is Blake, a young and vibrant man who always lived life to the fullest and got injured while mountain climbing. He has been wheelchair bound for 2 years and is quick ...more
Sandra
Jun 25, 2016 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gostei. Muito do género do "Me Before you" mas com um final bem mais feliz.
Kathryn Reeder
Feb 24, 2012 Kathryn Reeder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love Linda Howard's books. She is a great author. This book is a romance about a physical therapist who help her patient walk again. I think it's an entertaining book and I like it.
Dee
Jun 08, 2014 Dee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I rounded this one up to 3 from 2.5 stars.
Compared to other early Linda Howard books this comes across as a bit tepid. Sure, sometimes the man are borderline abusive in her other works, but you can certainly see the sparks fly - this one just sort of sizzles then damp squibs it. It'a a book about a therapist and like therapy this book is slow going. I think I might be over my Linda Howard retrospective now....well, maybe just my teenaged favourite, Shades Of Twilight for old times sake.
☮ mary
This story did not age well,

description

I felt like I was reading some old-fashioned if tiresome romance about two stubborn characters who could not engage me to even wish them a happily ever after

description

Dionne's resilience became a major flaw while Blake's persona was too much of a cliché ...

Linda Howard did it better in another of her books dealing with the same theme so check this other one if you're interested CHEERS
Amanda Grooms
Feb 07, 2013 Amanda Grooms rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
One of my favorite re-reads.... I love this story of rehabilitation and a couple growing toward a true love. Great story!
Sep 25, 2009 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2009, romance
Verrrry 80s.
Sheila Melo
Mar 28, 2016 Sheila Melo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Classic Howard

FINAL DECISION: I enjoyed this story although the lack of insight into Blake's thoughts made this less memorable than other similar stories.

THE STORY: Dione Kelley is a physical therapist who is dedicated to her profession. She also uses it to keep a distance between herself and other people. Having a miserable childhood followed by a disaster of a marriage, Dione keeps herself apart. Her newest client is Brent Remington, a handsome adventurous man until a horrible accident leaves
Jane Stewart
3 stars. I liked it. It was enjoyable. Therapist helps an injured man build muscles and walk again.

STORY BRIEF:
Dione was raped at 18 and fears intimacy and love. She hasn’t been with a man since (12 years). She works as a physical therapist with one patient at a time, living with them for months, helping them build and regain the use of their bodies. Blake was a successful engineer who was injured in a mountain climbing accident. He has been in a wheelchair for two years. He has no will to live
Julie
Feb 22, 2016 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Come Lie With Me was one of the last novels I read as part of my Linda Howard kick and was one of the best. So good that I ordered the Sandra Brown one with a similar storyline (Adam's Fall) because I didn't want this story to end. Dione Kelly is a brilliant physical therapist; she sweeps in, pushes, cajoles, whatever it takes for her patient to become whole again and then she leaves. It's a set up that suits her since a brutal, abusive marriage at 18 left her determined not to be hurt again. Bu ...more
Caroline
Jun 26, 2015 Caroline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me encantó. Es increíble lo mucho que una persona de apariencia fuerte puede ocultar y lo fácil que una persona o mejor dicho lo facíl que es para la persona indicada derrumbar todas esas barreras. Me fascinaron Dione y Blake. La historia es muy interesante, la confianza y fuerza de ella al hacer su trabajo pero sus inseguridades en lo personal, lo triste de su vida, la determinación de él para volver a caminar y atraerla a su lado. Primer libro de Linda Howard que agrego a mi colección y no est ...more
Tonya Warner
Dione Kelley is a physical therapist that agrees to take on the task of bringing Blake Remington back from the brink of death. More than just unable to walk, Blake has given up the will to live. Dione has to try and anger the man, and get him to focus on learning to walk again.

Blake Remington was more than just a successful business man. He was active, athletic, and more than just a little bit of a daredevil. Until the accident that left him unable to walk.

A little slow.
Bookabulary
Ahhh, as much as I love LH, there are really just very few of her Mira books that I truly enjoyed. This was one of those books. There are also very few books that can be enjoyable without all the hyperbole and extreme storylines. Suffice it to say that I did enjoy re-reading this book over the years. I really like the ending--yes, make a man grovel once he has come to his senses!
  • Upon a Midnight Clear: The Teacher / Christmas Magic / Jolly Holly / If Only in My Dreams / White Out
  • When There is Hope
  • A Life Worth Living
  • Beautiful Dreamer
  • The Outlaw and the Lady (Daughters of Fortune, #1)
  • The Write Man for Her
  • On Wings of Magic
  • Bet on Me (In the Dark, #2)
  • A Time To Die (The Protectors, #29)
  • Twin Peaks
  • His Secondhand Wife (The Copper Creek Brides #2)
  • Uncovered (Men of Courage, #3; PI & Men to the Rescue, #6)
  • Nightfall
  • The Greek Tycoon's Baby
  • Entwined (The Ten, #1)
  • The Spear: A Novel of the Crucifixion
  • Physical Distraction (Sinful Suspense, #1)
  • Devotion (Hawthorne, #2)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...