Start by marking “Undertow” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Undertow

Desmond Cory

Undertow (Johnny Fedora #12)

Published December 1st 1983 by Walker & Co

To ask other readers questions about Undertow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undertow

Paul
Jun 15, 2015 Paul rated it liked it
By the time Ian Fleming's Casino Royale (the first James Bond novel was published, two of Desmond Cory's Johnny Fedora novels had been published. Johnny Fedora is a character who is similar to James Bond and that's why I read Undertow. It's not the first book in the series but it's the start of a narrative arc, which features the series main villain, that spans five books (so I'm guessing it's like Thunderball, which is the first book in what James Bond fans call "The Blofeld Trilogy".

Honestly,
Teena Stewart
This is my first introduction to Desmond Cory and his British Intelligence man Johnny Fedora. Cory is known for these spy novels among other written works. The first Fedora novel made its debut in 1951 and the character actually predates the first James Bond book by about three years I believe. I have never read a James Bond novel but have watched the movies and enjoy them. I can say the same for my first Johnny Fedora book. Half Spanish and half Irish Fedora is a professional who is both ...more
M.J. Moores
Jan 15, 2015 M.J. Moores rated it liked it
Johnny Fedora is a semi-retired British Intelligence spy living in Spain off the dime of a rich woman who isn’t around much. His best friend and cohort Trout has taken up permanent residence with him. When the infamous Russian spy Moreno breaks out of a Spanish prison leaving a wake of dead bodies, Fedora can’t help but wonder what’s going on – a mad man like that doesn’t just escape by chance. And when one of Moreno’s dead bodies shows up in Fedora’s swimming pool, he takes it personally.

Undert
Rian Nejar
May 29, 2015 Rian Nejar rated it really liked it
My first Johnny Fedora spy thriller. A fast-paced, gripping narration with rich characters and complex plot, it was enjoyable enough to complete in two sittings with a Kindle. Undertow is a book I'll recommend without reservation to others who enjoy the genre...I'll look forward to reading more from Desmond Cory.
Roy Station
Apr 01, 2015 Roy Station rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moreno is a crazy killer who escapes from prison and takes refuge as part of the K.G.B. It is an excellent story full of first class action and adventure with a great finale. I can highly recommend this if you are looking for fast tough spy action.
Kenneth
Kenneth rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2013
Maureen
Maureen rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Christopher
Christopher rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Wolf Irrsiegler
Wolf Irrsiegler rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2013
Frank
Frank rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2012
Martin HENDERSON
Martin HENDERSON rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2015
Drew Goin
Drew Goin rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2014
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Karen M
Karen M rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2011
Rosemary High
Rosemary High rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
May 03, 2010
cheryl
cheryl marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2011
Ray  Charles
Ray Charles marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2012
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2012
James
James marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2013
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Andy Mckinney
Andy Mckinney marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Brian Christy
Brian Christy marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015