Start by marking “Scrapped Princess, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Scrapped Princess, Volume 1

Scrapped Princess, Volume 1 (Scrapped Princess #1)

Fifteen years ago, a set of twins a girl and a boy were born to the king of Linevan. Shortly after their birth, a prophecy foretold that when the girl turned 16, she would bring about the end of humanity. To avoid this terrible fate, the king ordered the princess disposed of scrapped! She miraculously survived and was raised away from the kingdom that would kill her. But n ...more
Published August 9th 2005 by TokyoPop (first published August 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Scrapped Princess, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scrapped Princess, Volume 1

Tess
Mar 17, 2008 Tess rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, comic
This is the manga adaptation of the novel "Scrapped Princess." I enjoyed the premis of the story, but feel I have missed some of the background information.

If anyone has read the novel version and can tell me if they talk about why the three siblings are travelling, or why the scrapped princess doesn't look like she has a twin - Shannon and Raquel look like twins to me, that would be great!

It was pretty entertaining, and I think I will keep reading the mangas, but I am still looking for the nove
Robert Beveridge
Ichiro Sasaki, Scrapped Princess, vol. 1 (Tokyopop, 2005)

The Oracle says that when Pacifica turns sixteen, she will bring about the destruction of all humanity. And now Pacifica's fifteen. This, of course, means that half the continent is after the bounty on her head. And the only thing standing between them and it is her soldier brother and sorceress sister, along with a motley collection of strays they pick up one after the other on their travels. Interesting beginning, though no real story ar
Jessica-Robyn
At the time I first found Scrapped Princess the summery of the story sounded promising and I was willing to give it an honest try. Unfortunately the manga just doesn't do anything for me. After reading Volume 1 I didn't feel compelled to read Volume 2.

Although Scrapped Princess has an compelling premise its overall story lacked interest and the characters didn't grab me in a way that made me connect with them enough to keep reading the series.

Zoe
Dec 20, 2011 Zoe rated it really liked it
I watched the first few episodes of the anime. I really like the series. The story is pretty original (well, maybe not the outline, but the details. Basic: Princess in trouble, protected by siblings. Details: Twin princess is scrapped, sister does magic, etc.) and I really enjoy it. There's only slight seriousness to it, but only enough to make sure it's not a full-out comedy, but it's still a heavy-light read. :)
Catherine
Jul 21, 2014 Catherine rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, manga
I have watched the anime and read the novels. This manga jumps right into the story. It doesn't give you any background information. The manga has stories that are not told in the anime or novels.
Amber
Sep 09, 2011 Amber rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
I like this book, but it seemed more like reading a "trailor movie" type of book. The novel's are way better.
Shannon
Aug 10, 2011 Shannon rated it liked it
This manga was too fast-paced without enough explanation to even begin to understand what was going on. It was rather disappointing.
Waterfall
Oct 04, 2016 Waterfall rated it liked it
Cute, but both the story and especially the art was quite confusing at times. A little rushed.
Hauser
Hauser rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2013
Brenda Franklin
Brenda Franklin rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
Jessica Wilson
Jessica Wilson rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Patricia Hauk
Patricia Hauk rated it it was ok
Nov 18, 2012
Nick Garcia
Nick Garcia rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2017
Darci
Darci rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2017
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Tara
Tara rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2008
Alcieta
Alcieta rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Morgan
Morgan rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2012
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2008
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2008
Alexandria Rosas
Alexandria Rosas rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2013
Miliana
Miliana rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2012
Heann
Heann rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2013
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2013
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2008
Ceara Heffernan
Ceara Heffernan rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2017
Katy
Katy rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • R.O.D. Read or Die 3 (R.O.D. Read or Die, #3)
  • Chrno Crusade, Vol. 2 (Chrno Crusade, #2)
  • Juvenile Orion, Volume 2
  • Full Metal Panic! Volume 2 (Full Metal Panic!, #2)
  • Excel Saga, Vol. 2 (Excel Saga, #2)
  • Crescent Moon, Vol. 2 (Crescent Moon,#2)
  • The Ring, Volume 1
  • Lupin III, Vol. 1
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 10 (D.N.Angel, #10)
  • Angelic Layer, Vol. 5 (Angelic Layer, #5)
  • Planet Ladder, Volume 2
  • Princess Ai: The Prism of Midnight Dawn, Volume 1 (Princess Ai, #4)
  • Gunslinger Girl, Vol. 2

Scrapped Princess (3 books)
  • Scrapped Princess Volume 2
  • Scrapped Princess Volume 3 (Scrapped Princess)