Start by marking “Outsmart!: How to Do What Your Competitors Can't” as Want to Read:
Outsmart!: How to Do What Your Competitors Can't

Outsmart!: How to Do What Your Competitors Can't

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  8 reviews
This concise book is about consistently outsmarting the competition in an environment where even the best strategies rarely prevail. It's about companies that have accelerated to the leading edge of business practice and stayed there, year after year.
Published February 1st 2008 by FT Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Outsmart!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outsmart!

Robert
Outsmart! : How to Do What Your Competitors Can’t
Jim Champy
Financial Times Press

Previously, Champy argued in Reengineering the Corporation (1993) that "companies need to change radically and be managed from a process perspective," in Reengineering Management (1995) he contended that "leaders had to change their way of thinking before they could change their organizations," and then in X-Engineering (2002) he made the case that "process change must extend outside the company walls to suppliers,...more
Leader Summaries
Desde Leader Summaries recomendamos la lectura del libro ¡Aventaja!, de Jim Champy.
Las personas interesadas en las siguientes temáticas lo encontrarán práctico y útil: liderazgo, estrategia y modelos de negocio.
En el siguiente enlace tienes el resumen del libro ¡Aventaja!, Cómo ver lo que nuestra competencia ignora y construir un modelo de negocio altamente rentable: ¡Aventaja!
getAbstract
Visionary companies that changed the marketplace

Is your company an “incumbent” firm, stuck in the mud and going nowhere? Or is it a bold, visionary enterprise, able to see and exploit new business opportunities that incumbent firms miss or are too frightened to pursue? In his new book, business guru Jim Champy, co-author of Reengineering the Corporation, discusses how visionary “smart firms” seize the future while incumbent firms let it pass them by. Even while cautioning that surely some middl...more
Jordan Dossett
I gave this just 2 stars because it was part of a series and that was not clean when I purchased. I did enjoy what the author had to say and I felt that I learned some things that I could apply to my business and life but again I really just felt that it was lacking and what it was lacking was the rest of the "series". I also won't go as far as to say it contains information on what to do that our competitors can't. I think that to a degree that some of this just requires common business sense.
Monica Coleman
A must read for anyone entering a field with lots of competition. There is always a way to set yourself apart. Take a look at some of the ways the companies in this book did it. Great work, Jim!
Phillip
Starts strong, dragging a little 3/4 in, but has been sparking ideas along the way. Good material but not sure if the author or the reader is the one that brings a somewhat pedantic tone.
Lori Grant
A must-read book on competition for knowledge workers who want to be in executive role and entrepreneurs.
Liza
Pretty good insights - definitely one that makes you examine your work more thoroughly.
Mary Kay
Mary Kay marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Rafael Salinas
Rafael Salinas is currently reading it
Aug 10, 2014
Brian Kight
Brian Kight marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Kranthi
Kranthi marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Skeptycal
Skeptycal marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Denny St.
Denny St. marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Todd
Todd marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Bianca
Bianca marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
What I Learned From Peter Drucker Reengineering Health Care: A Manifesto for Radically Rethinking Health Care Delivery Deliver!: How To Be Fast, Flawless, And Frugal Inspire (Intro & Chapter 1): From Tired to Inspired The 7 Rules of Change Management