She Wolf (True Mates, #1)

She Wolf (True Mates #1)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  413 ratings  ·  52 reviews
A small town veterinarian has a big time problem. She's not human. Plagued as a child with an extra-sensitive sense of smell, strength, and eyesight, Anna Callaway always thought she was special. But she didn't understand how special until she met Kieran Hunter. He insists they are True Mates, but he's not human either. He's wolven. Kieran is a protector of his race. No lo...more
Published December 18th 2007 by Freya's Bower (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about She Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She Wolf

Yours Mine Ours by Bridgitte LesleySecrets of the Realm by Bev StoutShe Wolf by Teresa D'AmarioLong Live The New Flesh by William Pauley IIIA Fine Cauldron of Fish by Cornelia Amiri
e books
3rd out of 188 books — 172 voters

More lists with this book...

CaliGirlRae
I started SheWolf about a day or so ago and I probably would have finished it yesterday if I wasn't up working late. It's one of those books you start and you know you should be in bed but you can't stop reading no matter how many times you promise yourself "I'll stop at the end of this chapter".

Right from the start the story engages you with complex characters who live and breathe right off the page. I wanted to keep following Anna and Kieran around and loved being entrenched in their world. An...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
A tale of two halves. First 50%, 1 star. The second, 4 stars.

Five years ago, when this was first published, the language used, in the first half in particular, wouldn't have seemed so cliched. The pace was slow and I didn't feel anything for the characters. But when Annabelle meets the pack things start to change. And then something devastating happens and Anna's emotions reached out and grabbed my throat, squeezing until my eyes watered. The only thing I didn't like about that part: when Kieran...more
Teresa
Oct 09, 2008 Teresa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: sharing
2nd place finisher in the 2008 PRISM Best First book category1

SheLove2Read
Sep 05, 2012 SheLove2Read rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to SheLove2Read by: Darla
Shelves: 2012
I borrowed this from a friend who knows I enjoy shifter stories. It started out right into the action, which I loved. (Nothing worse for me that waiting 5 or 6 chapters for the story to go somewhere.) But....I didn't love it. I never warmed up to the heroine, who seemed not exactly closed minded, but almost too sure of herself and her knowledge, to be likeable. I also had an issue with her turnaround: she morphs from "these people are all insane" to "I am so glad I'm one of them" literally in se...more
Lola
This book was so much better than expected. I got this book for free because of a promotion action on a romance e-books site. The blurb sounded like it was an erotic/romance book and it was about werewolves. So I decided to give it a try. I didn't expect any depth, just a nice and simple romance story. And I was really surprised when I did not only found a great romance story, but also a great story and some depth.

When I started this book I was imediately intrigued. Anna is a vet, but always has...more
Bitten_by_Books
In SheWolf, Anna portrays a veterinarian, but she’s not just any vet. She’s got special abilities that have made her stand apart her whole life. In one evening, everything changes and things become very clear when Kieran Hunter, a wolven, jumps into her life...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal Review site on the web, Bitten By Books for the review of She Wolf in it's entirety. You won't be sorry.
Tammy  Rigney
I bought this after seeing this #1 on an ebook list on goodreads. This must be one of the best shifter stories I have read in a while. I love the characters and the world she is creating and can only beg for more!
CaliGirlRae
WANT!

Gotta buy this for my keeper shelf. Certified CDH Book (Cold Dead Hands...as in, you'll never pry it from mine). :-D
Kristen Koster
This was an awesome read and I can't wait until the sequel's out.
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Anna has never had any reason to believe werewolves existed, until she got up close and personal with three of them in a dark alley. Two were planning to rape her, but the third stepped in and rescued her. Her savior's name is Kieran, and while his intentions were only to protect Anna at first, he quickly realizes that she is his True Mate.

Despite an intense physical attraction to Kieran, Anna has some trouble accepting the idea of mating. But in time, she can no longer deny what her body is tel...more
Jen
This was a fun book - I love a good PNR - those Alpha males are just so ... hot :)

Anna is a veterinary, she loves her job, and her friends. so when one of her assistants just turned 21, and wanted to go to a bar to watch the male show, she had to go..
Growing up Anna had always had a sharp sense of smell. She could distinguish different smells everywhere. And in a closed up bar with all that smoke and sweaty people. ugh! She had to get out of there.

She finally made it outside. gulping in air,...more
Taria Reed
I've been in a paranormal rut lately, and in need of a really good and sexy story when this was recommended to me. I enjoyed Anna and Kieran's characters. Kieran is a tortured ex pack alpha who has found his true mate. Anna is a lonely veterinarian. I liked the chemistry between the two and I liked that Kieran had his "Mine" moment. I liked being a fly on the wall as their love story unfolded.

There were some things that made me yell, like (view spoiler)...more
Tracie Runge
The Wolven and His She Wolf

Anna Calloway it the Veterinarian in her small town. She has always had a heightened sense of smell and the ability to absorb pain but Anna has never known just how special she is or why she has these gifts.

Kieran Hunter is the Protector of his wolven race. His job is to watch and hunt down those of his kind that could bring danger to his pack or would expose his race to the humans.

While patrolling Kieran finds two wolven about to kidnap a woman and he immediately goes...more
A.R. Von
Such a great, romantic, exciting, action packed paranormal read!

Anna is out celebrating her veterinary assistants 21st birthday. She decides to step out for some fresh air because it's too stuffy inside the club. Once outside two big males attempt to kidnap her. They claim they will mate with her, they are wolf shifters and she will bare children for them. Anna tries and says everything and anything she can think of to get them to let her go. But nothing is working. Out of the shadows another ma...more
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
From the moment that Anna steps out of the nightclub and into the arms of two werewolves (wolven) in the opening scene, I was hooked on She Wolf. In fact the first chapter was one of the best opening sequences to a book I’ve read. It had the right mix of action, interest and emotion. The author perfectly details the scene by allowing the reader to experience the situation using Anna’s better-than-normal sense of smell and inner voice.

Anna is accosted by two rough males - she can sense that they...more
Sophia
This story jumped right into the action when Anna couldn't stand the assault on her sensitive senses that the bar offered and went outside for some fresh air. She is almost immediately assaulted by two men claiming to be werewolves and they want her for breeding purposes. Before she can process this fantastic information, a third man shows up. Everything about this Kieran is breathtaking and attractive to her. James the captor who seems to be in charge fights Kieran. From within the partially ch...more
Margaret

A small town veterinarian has a big time problem. She's not human.

He insists they are True Mates, but he's not human either. He's wolven.

Kieran is a protector of his race. No longer the Alpha of his pack, he spends his time searching out and punishing any who may reveal their race to humans. While pat

Suzan
Sep 19, 2012 Suzan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
I enjoyed this book. I really liked Kieran and Anna. The characters were well written and likeable. I felt bad for Kieran hearing his history and why he gave up being alpha. I also felt bad for Matthew and was glad when Anna's parents got a happy ending as well as her and Kieran though their story was very much in the background and only brief. I'm curious as to who Ryland smelled at the end and what it could mean if his true mate is a wolven from Kieran's pack? Could it be grounds for a possibl...more
Jane Doe
3 1/2 This is a short fast read clearly the beginning of a series. I hope we will get more information in the next book. Good start for a new series. I liked it enough to purchase the next book.
Jenny Delandro
This was a slick story.

Meaning that you just have to go along with the major jumps in the story line because otherwise you might not make it....

She is a vet and dogs respond well to her... she meets someone who makes her feel sexy
is this too transparent for you...

there are some twists which can catch you unaware...

some characters are introduced more fully than others - leading to a series... hopefully.

by the end of the story I wanted to know what will happen to these people...
she finds her fathe...more
Vera the Escutcheon of Wolves
Meh I am not a fan of erotic stuff. I like more action then anything.
Vera the Escutcheon of Wolves
Not really finished I changed it dunno how to take off without saying I didn't read it.
Mara
Apr 16, 2012 Mara rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shifters fans
Shelves: freebies, novella, pnr
A nice, if predictable, novella on a couple of alpha (of course) shifters.
Kudos to the author: even with the usual mate stuff, she gives some time and space to the heroine. I'm only sorry for the use of (view spoiler) as a deus ex machina. Too difficult a subject to treat it so quickly.

Character coherence went to hell with a minor one: Rynard. You don't move from would-be rapist to "nice" guy.

A few hints given go nowhere (like the stolen silver scalpel).

Rhonda
A whole new wolven world. I love when an author creates a new world for their book. Teresa D'Amario definitely did here. I hope there is more to come from this world. I would love to read more about Sean, Ryland, Nora and follow up on Anna and Kieran.

This was a very moving read. I love when the hero has to work for the heroine. And that was definitely the case here. Anna had to work to believe all that Kieran told her. She had no idea she was half wolven or that they even existed until him.
Kerry  sullivan
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this.
Laurie Bongiorno
My copy had a lot of errors that made it hard to read... It wasn't even 100 pages, not really long enough to get too involved and the ending didn't fill finished - Kieran is just back being the alpha, the other alpha's mate just left, Mom and dad are just back together just like that, scapel still missing, takeover still not figured out?? There is another book to this series, maybe it will clear these things up??
Leeann
Pretty boring read...too simplistic, no mystery or intrigue. Don't think I'll bother with the rest of the series.
Adriana Bookologist
Shewolf by Teresa D’Amario

I just found myself another series to start reading…yah! A well written book and it was a full length one at that with 18 chapters to entertain me. I got this one back in April at All Romance when it was free, not so now when I checked. I will be continuing the series to find out what happens with some of the other characters mentioned in this book.
Anino
I liked Ms. D'Amario's take on the Werewolf, and I especially loved the characters of Anna & Kieren. Although it wasn't pitch perfect (a little slow in a few areas, and not to mention bordering on corniness), this was a decent read with an unexpected twist at the end. Well worth the moola spent & the time needed to read it..

I'm giving it a rating of 3 stars.
Isabel
Apr 25, 2012 Isabel added it
Shelves: 2012
Je sais que je n'aime pas les shapeshifters mais c'est souvent tellement lol que je craque. Oui, sauf que non, en fait. sincèrement, je pense que j'aurais pu tenir plus longtemps si il arrêtait de l'appeler Darine, après lui avoir expliqué que ça signifie «the fertile one». Désolé, c'est un dealbreaker.
Teresa D'Amario Has New Release With Freya's Bower 1 3 Sep 28, 2011 09:40AM
  • Identity Crisis
  • White Wedding
  • Zakia and the Cowboy (Thunder Creek Ranch #1)
  • The Perfect Score
  • The Crystal Warrior (Crystal Warriors, #1)
  • The Battle Lord's Lady (Battle Lord Saga, #1)
  • Working Out (The Works, #2)
  • The Virgin Proxy
  • Racing the Moon (Road Trip, #1)
  • Escaped (Running In Fear, #1)
  • Beowulf and Roxie (Wulf's Den, #1)
  • The Bride Found (Civil War Brides, #2)
  • Just One Bite: Volume Three (Just One Bite, #3)
  • Restless Spirit: An Erotic Novel
  • Dusk Conspiracy (Werelove, #1)
  • Wolf's Magic (Westervelt Wolves, #4)
  • Declan and Tori (The Hunters, #1)
  • Alpha Turned
2nd place winner of the Best First Book Prism Award - 2008! Currently live near Fayetteville, NC
More about Teresa D'Amario...
Dark Succession (True Mates, #2) Tigress by the Tail (Maxey Wizards, #1) Blood Moon Betrayed (True Mates, #3) Lone Wolf (Maxey Wizards, #2) Visions of Fire & Ice

“I haven't done anything to make you scream. Yet.” 2 likes