Start by marking “Emily's Tiger” as Want to Read:
Emily's Tiger

Emily's Tiger

Whenever Emily doesn't get her way, she growls and roars like a tiger. She roars when her mother tries to cut her hair, she roars when she doesn't get picked to be the assistant to the clown at a birthday party???????????? what are her mom and dad going to do with their tiger-daughter? Then Grandma comes to stay ???????????? and she knows a thing or two about tigers and te ...more
Published March 1st 2008 by Barefoot Books

To ask other readers questions about Emily's Tiger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emily's Tiger

Jan 25, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Emily has a little problem controlling her feelings... when her inner tiger feels unhappy it gets angry and she just has to ROAR! Both my little guys enjoyed this one (especially acting it out)! When Grammy comes, she confesses to Emily that she has an inner tiger too! Together they learn how to make their inner tiger happy in order to have more control over it when it starts to get angry. I loved that my 8-year-old was able to tell me not only the message of this book, but was able to relate it ...more
May 27, 2008 Tasha rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Emily doesn't want her hair cut, doesn't want to eat her carrots and is really angry when she doesn't get to be the clown's assistant at a birthday party. And when Emily gets angry, she turns into a real tiger. Roar, teeth and all. It takes her wise grandmother who also has a temper of her own to teach Emily how to tame her inner tiger.

The strength of this book is in the analogy of anger with being a tiger and being out of control. Any of us with bad tempers (and I am definitely included in tha
Feb 03, 2016 Dawn rated it really liked it
One of my student's bought this book for me as a gift at our school's book fair. What a great surprise!

We enjoyed the pictures. The children noticed that when Emily gets angry and roars she starts to get a tiger tail and paws. In the story her Grandma teaches her to control her anger. We talked about how it's okay to have feelings of anger, but we need to learn how to use those feelings appropriately.
Jessica Romick
May 06, 2016 Jessica Romick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Children learn along with Emily how to tame their tempers and choose to be a happy tiger instead of an angry tiger. Both my toddler and 5 year old love this story. A must-have for every family library.
Nov 23, 2011 Sebin rated it liked it
Shelves: anger-management
A book to use with children who have anger management problems. It will help children learn how to deal with their anger. Emily doesnt want to get a haircut and her anger comes out and becomes a tiger then gets really upset when she didnt get to be picked for the clown's assistant. Then along comes Granny to help solve Emily's anger issues. Granny had the same problem, she had a hard time dealing with her anger. Emily learns how deal with her anger from Granny who had the same issues when she wa ...more
May 06, 2010 Anne rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books, 2010
When Emily gets, mad, upset, or angry, she turns into a tiger! Her parents don't know what to do with her - until her grandma shows up. Grandma can also change into a tiger, but she is a happy tiger. She shows Emily how to tame her inner tiger as well.

Lovely illustrations, very fun and playful.
Apr 22, 2011 Patricia rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
if you have a child that has a bit of a defiant streak laced with some attitude, then this is the book for you. a very cute way of expressing the ability to choose your reactions as a child. my daughter now tells me that she doesn't want to be an "angry tiger". too cute.
Kate Hastings
Jul 11, 2008 Kate Hastings rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: preschool tantrums behavior
Emily has a bad temper-- her inner tiger is released any time something doesn't go her way. Would be good to read with children who are having trouble with tantrums. I'm hoping my son will like it.
Christine Turner
Feb 22, 2010 Christine Turner rated it liked it
Shelves: tiger
Emily always lets her inner tiger roar when things do not go her way until her grandmother shows her how to turn her angry tiger into a happy one.

Barefoot Books ;-)
Katje van Loon
Dec 30, 2014 Katje van Loon rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books, bfb
As someone born in the year of the Tiger, under the sign of Leo, and with a heck of a temper, I love this book!

It's better to be a tiger when you're happy. ^_^
Jun 18, 2009 Natalie rated it really liked it
What a delightfully fun and effective way to help children learn to identify and control their emotions! The illustrations are deliciously lush and whimsical.
Karen Felder
Karen Felder rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Mrs H Rose
Mrs H Rose rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2016
Andrea Gonzales
Andrea Gonzales marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Rebecca Duncan
Rebecca Duncan marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Anna added it
Jun 02, 2016
Kelly marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Mary rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2016
Lauren marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Lilly rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Anna added it
Mar 16, 2016
Lindsay rated it it was ok
Dec 14, 2015
Lori added it
Nov 21, 2015
Brandielle rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015