The Best Things to Do in New York City: 1001 Ideas
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating

The Best Things to Do in New York City: 1001 Ideas

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  10 reviews
What are 1001 things you should treat yourself and your guests to in New York City? Be serenaded by Cole Porter's piano at the Waldorf, or hear Woody Allen play clarinet at the Carlyle. Drink champagne on the roof of the Metropolitan Museum, or discover the abandoned subway station at City Hall. Eat at America's very first pizzeria, or enjoy the most expensive cocktail in...more
Paperback, 384 pages
Published October 17th 2006 by Universe
more details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.
This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 107)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
May
Jun 13, 2011 May added it
Amazing that there are so many things to do in this great city! I would mention that although the book gives tons of things to do, I think about half it is restaurants, bars, and shops. Still 500 things to do is pretty good.

Interestingly, I could name a few things that are missing in this book, that I have done and LOVE! Hence, clearly someone could write 1002 ideas for NYC and get away with a "Price is Right" sort of improvement.

Still, it's a great list for the NYer that has problems trying to...more
Daniela Bingham
This book was quite helpful in preparing for our trip to New York. We got a lot of ideas of what to do. I flipped through it and highlighted the things that sounded interesting and ran it by our friends who lived there to get their opinion. 75% of the time, they agreed and the other 25% they would send us to something better.
In the end, I think it's a great tool to have when exploring NYC! I will definatly use it again when I go back and try to hit up the other places that I didn't get to.
Helen
A great book, even if you're a New Yorker. I spent the first twenty years of my life in NYC and have been visiting ever since, and had no idea that Barnum and Bailey Circus march their elephants through the tunnel every year in the week before the circus comes to town. Who knew you could see elephants in the streets of NYC!
Drucilla
Nov 19, 2012 Drucilla rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: l
This book definitely has something for everyone to do when they come to New York. The entries are extremely detailed and the glossary is set up so you can browse via monthly activities or free activities. If you're interested in picking this book up, make sure you get the 2010 updated edition.
Lambert
Been to NYC many times before and looking for something new, or even a first timer? This is great book, full of ideas. Enjoy.
Eszter
Feb 25, 2008 Eszter marked it as to-read
because the only thing more fun than living in new york is crossing things off of a to-do list.
Lisa
Jun 22, 2013 Lisa marked it as to-read
Browsed through this book at Anthropologie. It looked like it had good ideas and tips.
cjbt57
Oct 03, 2009 cjbt57 rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: new yorkers, travelers
Good mix of cool, different, and touristy things to do in the big apple.
E
Feb 10, 2008 E rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People visiting New York (or people who are new to New York)
great book. fun ideas if you have folks in from out of town.
Lauren
this book was very helpful on my recent trip to NYC!
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Evaobrian
Evaobrian marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Nguyen Linh
Nguyen Linh marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Mark Franklin
Mark Franklin marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Meghan Hefter
Meghan Hefter is currently reading it
Feb 11, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Soli
Soli marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Gjeve Pepshi
Gjeve Pepshi marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Garrett
Garrett marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
The Best Things to Do in New York: 1001 Ideas Flair: Exquisite Invitations, Lush Flowers, and Gorgeous Table Settings NYC: An Owner's Manual: Arriving, Surviving and Thriving in the Greatest City in the World In Love in New York: A Traveler's Guide to the Most Romantic Destinations in the Greatest City in the World

Share This Book