Start by marking “Breakthrough Prayer: The Secret of Receiving What You Need from God” as Want to Read:
Breakthrough Prayer: The Secret of Receiving What You Need from God

Breakthrough Prayer: The Secret of Receiving What You Need from God

'Breakthrough Prayer' explains the principles and lays out a vision that can revolutionize our lives, enabling us to receive all that God has for us.
Published October 6th 2003 by Zondervan (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Breakthrough Prayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breakthrough Prayer

Nathan
May 04, 2009 Nathan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good stories, practical wisdom. Prayer is just one of those things where the more you do it, the better it becomes. It's not something that is taught, at least in my observation, but something experienced. I am grateful that Cymbala would give his insight and inspire us to pray as if it can actually do something in our lives and the lives of all those around us.
Lynn Smith
May 28, 2015 Lynn Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not the first Jim Cymbala book I've read and I'm relatively certain it won't be the last. Jim is an excellent author, pastor, speaker and teacher. I've enjoyed reading his books, doing a video series of his with our life group, and hearing him preach one Sunday when LeChelle and I got to attend the Brooklyn Tabernacle. Jim and his church are as well known for their Tuesday night prayer meetings as they are their Sunday services and various ministries and their world renowned choir. So wh ...more
Jill English Johnston
Feb 24, 2013 Jill English Johnston rated it it was amazing
Shelves: prayer
Loved Cymbala's book. A great continuation of his books on prayer, including Fresh Wind/Fresh Fire and Fresh Power. Cymbala provides wisdom, insight and encouragement on our relationship with Father and why, as believers, our lives and communities often lack the power that is available to us.
If you are on a prayer quest, I have been on this last year, seeking to understand this mysterious thing called prayer, desiring to draw closer to the heart of our Creator and Father, then add this book to t
Brandon
Jan 28, 2009 Brandon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Brandon by: Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
Jim Cymbala is best known for the choir at his New York City church - the Brooklyn Tabernacle. When I received this book, I shelved it for a few months. Then I remembered it and brought it back out. This book is amazing. Pastor Cymbala's insight into the power of prayer is amazing. This book not only teaches you how to pray with power, but the significance of it. This is a must read for any prayer warrior out there!
Finley Neal I
Jan 01, 2009 Finley Neal I rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those seeking breakthrough in prayer
Recommended to Finley by: Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
A great book read 2 years ago. We experience break-throughs in our lives as we communicate with God. Prayer is the main form of communication we regularly use. This book will help you to be more effective as you seek to connect with God's own heart!
Ken
Aug 15, 2014 Ken rated it really liked it
A helpful book about prayer. Not too deep theologically. He uses stories of his experiences after 9/11 in Brooklyn to show the value of prayer and how faithfulness to God will result in answers to our prayers.
Denise Devine
Sep 13, 2014 Denise Devine rated it it was amazing
I received this book years ago from Billy Graham and just finished reading it again today. I totally recommend this book for anyone who wants to know more about how to get closer to God and see breakthrough in your life.
Marta Grace
Jun 26, 2015 Marta Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding!

We need to better understand prayer. This book is a tremendously inspiring read and a great guide on how to pray and letting the Holy Spirit guide you imparting. I will read this book again!
Kelli
May 06, 2010 Kelli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a powerful book. I read this before going to Poland two years ago. I definitely learned so much about prayer and I really really enjoyed the stories from Jim Cymbala's church, concerning the mightiness of prayer.
Andy Bonikowsky
Sep 06, 2015 Andy Bonikowsky rated it it was amazing
Very, VERY good. Convicting and inspiring.
Ralph stewart
Aug 02, 2009 Ralph stewart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
JIm takes you through a indepth look at prayer but in a way you do not need to be a theologian to comprehend his message
Angela Olsen
Aug 06, 2011 Angela Olsen rated it liked it
Shelves: faith
this was a great book. i loved the whole thing. i think it really helped me to focus my prayer life and get into a better relationship with God.
Sera
Aug 16, 2011 Sera rated it it was amazing
OH THIS BOOK PUSHES ME TO PRIORITISE PRAYER IN EVERY AREA OF MY LIFE. WHAT A POWERFUL BOOK BASED ON PRAYER!
Jerry Huffman
Aug 29, 2009 Jerry Huffman rated it really liked it
An excellent book when considering how to pray and what to pray for. A good followup on his other books with a similar emphasis. I highly recommend it.
Hindu Dept
Hindu Dept rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Eva Sonnier
Eva Sonnier rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2008
Lance
Lance rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Yessica Monarrez
Yessica Monarrez rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2014
Nick Abad
Nick Abad rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2010
Joshua Bishop
Joshua Bishop rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Ana Prebeg
Ana Prebeg rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2012
Nadine Younger
Nadine Younger rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2014
Becky Hester
Becky Hester rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2015
Vicki Riddiough
Vicki Riddiough rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2015
Liz Fischer
Nov 03, 2013 Liz Fischer rated it it was amazing
Excellent!
J.M. Gagne
J.M. Gagne rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2012
Jian Carlo
Jian Carlo rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Prayer of Jabez for Women
  • E. M. Bounds on Prayer
  • Watchman Prayer: Keeping the Enemy Out While Protecting Your Family, Home and Community
  • Fascinating Stories of Forgotten Lives: Rediscovering Some Old Testament Characters
  • The Power Of Praying Together
  • The Name
  • Unto the Hills
  • Prodigals and Those Who Love Them
  • Mere Discipleship: Radical Christianity in a Rebellious World
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
  • How to Pray
  • Smith Wigglesworth on Healing
  • The MacArthur Daily Bible: Read through the Bible in one year, with notes from John MacArthur
  • A Woman's Heart
  • Roaring Lambs: A Gentle Plan to Radically Change Your World
  • I Saw the Lord: A Wake-Up Call for Your Heart
  • When Christ Comes
  • Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God
Jim Cymbala has been the pastor of The Brooklyn Tabernacle for more than twenty-five years. The author of the best-selling titles Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire; Fresh Faith; and Fresh Power, he lives in New York City with his wife, Carol Cymbala, who directs the Grammy Award-winning Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.
More about Jim Cymbala...

“love always desires to bless the object of its affection.” 2 likes
“God is not searching for talent or intelligence on earth, because he is the Almighty One! He already has everything he needs—except our hearts.” 0 likes