Start by marking “Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God” as Want to Read:
Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God

Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God

We Need God s Power Drawing examples from the Bible and from the sidewalks of New York City, Fresh Power shows what happens when the Spirit of God moves in our midst. He longs to reveal the mind of God to us and to release heaven s limitless resources to meet the desperate needs around us. Fresh Power will expand your vision for what God can and will do, and inspire you to ...more
Published March 31st 2003 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Fresh Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fresh Power

Tom
Dec 16, 2014 Tom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful book. It simply, explains what the church truly needs to do in today's world. So often we Christians try and "do" something to cause the Holy Spirit to move. Truly the work has been done already, and we should wait upon the Lord. All our "good" deeds are merely expressions of the love of God that is in us. Without Fresh Power we become ineffective. This is not a book about rolling down the isles, it a book full of truth and fantastic examples of how the Spirit has moved in Cy ...more
Ross Heinricy
Jun 06, 2016 Ross Heinricy rated it really liked it
Once again Jim Cymbala has done an incredible job of relating spiritual truth in a powerful way. He ministers through his writings the need we all have for the Holy Spirit of God to breathe on us and our churches and our ministries.
This book is a follow up to Fresh Wind..., and different enough for you to take the time to read and digest every word. His timely stories of victory and overcoming in and through the Holy Spirit in the life of the people and ministry of Brooklyn Tab are second to no
Scott
Jul 07, 2016 Scott rated it it was amazing
Jim Cymbala has once again distingushed himself with this excellent work and treatment of relying on the power of the Holy Spirit in every instance of life... The modern church is so plagued with political correctness that she has lost her strength as a change agent in the culture. Pastor Cymbala helps to refocus the energy by pointing searchers and pastors alike to the original source -- the Holy Spirit of God.
Dottie Parish
Fresh Power is a sequel to Cymbala’s previous book Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire. Both books encourage Christians to seek the power of the Holy Spirit in our every day lives and both books challenge the church to depend on prayer and on the Holy Spirit rather than on man devised programs. . The book is full of biblical illustrations and contemporary stories of changed lives. This inspiring, timeless book encourages all Christians to depend on the Holy Spirit.
Brett
Jan 20, 2008 Brett rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-living
Calling the church to rely on the Spirit rather than gimmicks, fades, or trends, Cymbala describes that power God has in store for the believer. At its essence, Fresh Power follows the work of the Spirit recorded in the book of Acts, offering contemporary examples of the Spirit’s power active in the church. Cymbala challenges the church to live and minister in the Spirit’s power, while mourning the spiritual emptiness in many systems and methodologies. B
Kevin Driskill
Oct 14, 2014 Kevin Driskill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology, self-help
very good book about spiritual matters. It teaches about the Holy Spirit using biblical expository of the early church and work of church leaders. This book fills the gap between radical extremism and self-righteousness. I believe it is a transforming read for those who are put off by chaos and confusion but searching for true power in their Christian life.
Vicki Riddiough
Apr 07, 2015 Vicki Riddiough rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-book-list
The role of the Holy Spirit is so vital for any believer to understand & Pastor Cymbala does a great job defining that role & hammering home the truth that we can do NOTHING without the living water of Christ - the Holy Spirit. The last chapter of this book really spoke to me; recommended reading for any believer.
Filip
Jan 28, 2008 Filip rated it really liked it
Although the narrative bothered me and almost every chapter brakes into a dramatic and very emotional story/puzzle piece, the book plainly speaks about the problems of the modern church of Christ.

I learned that it is important to learn to rely on the Holy Spirit and let him work through you, and not the other way around.

In the end I do recommend this book to all believers.
Melanie
Oct 23, 2011 Melanie rated it liked it
When I read this book. I finally "got it" I was never taught about the Holy Spirit except that He was part of the Trinity. I really like Jim Cymbala. He's real. He and his church is all about prayer and it's evident that they really believe what they preach. He walks the talk.
George
Jan 07, 2013 George rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing insight into tapping into the Holy Spirit. A must read not only for people in ministry. All should read this book. Pastor Cymbala has figured out something that we should all know.
Apr 16, 2015 Sarah added it
Great info. Started strong but it was a challenge to get through the end. I would like to the first books this summer.
Irina T
Feb 17, 2016 Irina T rated it it was amazing
I think this is one of the most balanced Christian books I've read in a long time, I truly recommend it!
Matt
Dec 07, 2012 Matt rated it it was ok
Shelves: a-f
i thought his whole bashing of some groups in christianity without even showing a hint of open mindedness said a lot.
Paul Eng
Paul Eng rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2016
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Jane Schwartzrock
Jane Schwartzrock rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Louis Owens
Louis Owens rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2015
Giz Elle
Giz Elle rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2015
Russell Embling
Russell Embling rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2011
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2010
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2009
Ruxandra
Ruxandra rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Claire Graham
Claire Graham rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
Arlene Karnes
Arlene Karnes rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Marshall Trisler
Marshall Trisler rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2016
Lance Towers
Lance Towers rated it it was ok
Dec 27, 2015
Savanna Hartman
Savanna Hartman rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Lesley Crum
Lesley Crum rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2014
Anna Hardin
Anna Hardin rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2012
  • Church: Why Bother?: My Personal Pilgrimage
  • Praying God's Will for Your Life: A Prayerful Walk to Spiritual Well Being
  • The Mind of Christ: The Transforming Power of Thinking His Thoughts
  • Finding Peace: God's Promise of a Life Free from Regret, Anxiety, and Fear
Jim Cymbala has been the pastor of The Brooklyn Tabernacle for more than twenty-five years. The author of the best-selling titles Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire; Fresh Faith; and Fresh Power, he lives in New York City with his wife, Carol Cymbala, who directs the Grammy Award-winning Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.
More about Jim Cymbala...

“If we want that power to quicken our friends who are dead in sin, we must look to God, and not be looking to man to do it. If we look alone to ministers, if we look alone to Christ’s disciples to do this work, we shall be disappointed. If we look to the Spirit of God and expect it to come from Him and Him alone, then we shall honor the Spirit, and the Spirit will do” 2 likes