Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God

Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  309 ratings  ·  13 reviews
We Need God s Power Drawing examples from the Bible and from the sidewalks of New York City, Fresh Power shows what happens when the Spirit of God moves in our midst. He longs to reveal the mind of God to us and to release heaven s limitless resources to meet the desperate needs around us. Fresh Power will expand your vision for what God can and will do, and inspire you to...more
Published March 31st 2003 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published January 1st 2000)

Kevin Driskill
very good book about spiritual matters. It teaches about the Holy Spirit using biblical expository of the early church and work of church leaders. This book fills the gap between radical extremism and self-righteousness. I believe it is a transforming read for those who are put off by chaos and confusion but searching for true power in their Christian life.
Brett
Calling the church to rely on the Spirit rather than gimmicks, fades, or trends, Cymbala describes that power God has in store for the believer. At its essence, Fresh Power follows the work of the Spirit recorded in the book of Acts, offering contemporary examples of the Spirit’s power active in the church. Cymbala challenges the church to live and minister in the Spirit’s power, while mourning the spiritual emptiness in many systems and methodologies. B
Dottie Parish
Fresh Power is a sequel to Cymbala’s previous book Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire. Both books encourage Christians to seek the power of the Holy Spirit in our every day lives and both books challenge the church to depend on prayer and on the Holy Spirit rather than on man devised programs. . The book is full of biblical illustrations and contemporary stories of changed lives. This inspiring, timeless book encourages all Christians to depend on the Holy Spirit.
Filip
Although the narrative bothered me and almost every chapter brakes into a dramatic and very emotional story/puzzle piece, the book plainly speaks about the problems of the modern church of Christ.

I learned that it is important to learn to rely on the Holy Spirit and let him work through you, and not the other way around.

In the end I do recommend this book to all believers.
Melanie
When I read this book. I finally "got it" I was never taught about the Holy Spirit except that He was part of the Trinity. I really like Jim Cymbala. He's real. He and his church is all about prayer and it's evident that they really believe what they preach. He walks the talk.
George
Amazing insight into tapping into the Holy Spirit. A must read not only for people in ministry. All should read this book. Pastor Cymbala has figured out something that we should all know.
Matt
Dec 07, 2012 Matt rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: a-f
i thought his whole bashing of some groups in christianity without even showing a hint of open mindedness said a lot.
Donna
This book will remind you of the power you walk in with the Holy Spirit. What a refreshening!
Michele McCarthy
Feb 23, 2008 Michele McCarthy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Michele by: Camille Parker
Wow! What a testimony of prayer and God's power. You can not walk away from this book unchanged.
Angela
Sep 11, 2008 Angela rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: former and present evangelical Christians
Surprisingly candid and Biblical teaching from a megachurch pastor.
Pauline Brummett
enjoyed reading & it was a good ,insight as well as a page turner.
Burnie
Awesome book. I am a Jim Cymballa fan!!
Lauren
OUTSTANDING!
Adam
Adam added it
Jul 06, 2014
Carmela
Carmela marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Aimee Moore
Aimee Moore marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Mic
Mic marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Aubrie Calamanco
Aubrie Calamanco marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Dianne Cfan
Dianne Cfan marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Lisajwelch
Lisajwelch marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
  • Ashamed Of The Gospel: When The Church Becomes Like The World
  • The Great House of God
  • The Body
  • Paul: A Man of Grace and Grit (Great Lives from God's Word, #6)
  • The Holy Spirit: Activating God's Power in Your Life
  • Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be: A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life
  • Praying God's Will for Your Life: A Prayerful Walk to Spiritual Well Being
  • Everybody's Normal Till You Get to Know Them
  • One Life: Jesus Calls, We Follow
  • They Like Jesus But Not the Church: Insights from Emerging Generations
  • Whatever Happened to Worship?: A Call to True Worship
Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People Spirit Rising: Tapping into the Power of the Holy Spirit Breakthrough Prayer: The Secret of Receiving What You Need from God The Life God Blesses: The Secret of Enjoying God's Favor