Start by marking “Walkabout (Outback Sagas)” as Want to Read:
Walkabout (Outback Sagas)

Walkabout (Outback Saga #3)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Wrested from the primordial Australian wilderness, Tibooburra Station has taken the blood, sweat, and tears of generations of Kerricks and given them a magnificent heritage in return. But now the golden legacy of the outback station is threatened by the disappearance of the young boy who will one day inherit it all. Fleeing the pain of being abandoned by his mother, eight- ...more
Mass Market, 480 pages
Published January 1st 2008 by Leisure Books (first published July 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Walkabout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walkabout

Susan
Aug 11, 2008 Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who like to read outdoor adventures, survivalist-type literature.
Beautifully written. The first half of the book was so mesmerizing I couldn't put it down. Then, I occassioned on a need to put the book down after entering into the second half. I had a hard time picking it back up because I was unwilling to let the character progress past what had become a way of life to me; the walkabout.

Don't worry, it doesn't stop at part two, just changes.

This is an intricately woven tale whose vastness in physicality is matched by the richness of characters cast and view
Patricia
Writing about the creation of a society in a new land can be either a labor to determine which high points to hit, or a distillation of the essense of the result, and subsequently, a recording of some of the cultural profiles that created that society. In the first instance, things can be covered in one book, or maybe two, a mini-series on television, or a movie. A more complete approach requires a book for each spirit to be distilled, and will ultimately require a television series with multipl ...more
Marg
The bad guys are two dimensional, the characters are subjected to rollercoaster rides emotionally, without having the reader all that emotionally involved, but this was still an absorbing and fun read.
Samantha
I got this book at a garage sale in Michigan. I didn't know it was part of a 5 book saga with generations of this family. Now I have them all and I'm going to start with #1.
Leilablair
I want to go to Australia! Fifty years ago.
Jul 22, 2008 Laura marked it as to-read
another recommendation from sister
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Natalie Ryabenko
Natalie Ryabenko marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Kim Hine
Kim Hine marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Bill Julian
Bill Julian is currently reading it
Dec 26, 2014
Dick
Dick added it
Dec 10, 2014
Mike Brown
Mike Brown marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Yenni
Yenni added it
Oct 30, 2014
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Currently reading 1 18 Jan 20, 2008 04:34PM

Outback Saga (5 books)
  • Outback
  • Outback Station (Outback Sagas)
  • Wallaby Track
  • Outback Legacy
Outback Outback Station (Outback Sagas) Wallaby Track Outback Legacy The Castaway (New Zealanders #1)