Start by marking “Maximum Achievement: The Proven System of Strategies and Skills That Will Unlock Your Hidden Powers to Succeed” as Want to Read:

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  1,099 ratings  ·  50 reviews
BECOME THE ARCHITECT OF YOUR OWN FUTUREOne of America's top professional speakers and seminar leaders, Brian Tracy has been a consultant and trainer for hundreds of corporations large and small. His bestselling audio and video programs have been translated into 14 languages and are used in 31 countries. More than one million people have attended his programs on success, sa ...more
Audio Cassette, Abridged, 0 pages
Published August 1st 1993 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Maximum Achievement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maximum Achievement

Joel Thomas
I read this book in prison. It was the first "self-help" book I ever read. In 5 short years after my release; 1. I started a successful property management company. 2. I bought 12 houses, remodeled and rented them out. 3. I started a successful personal training business located in the financial district of NYC. 4. I traveled the world. 5. More importantly I changed the way I thought and looked. It changed my socio-econmic status and who I associated with. Everything about me has changed because ...more
Rommel
I just want to share these words about this book,,,LIFE CHANGING, LIFE CHANGING,,,LIFE CHANGING!!!

The techniques in this book if applied are life changing and in every realm of life that you choose to apply them to, not just your career. The title of the book is a little misleading but the content has a mix of psychology, business sense, and life all mixed into a method of programming yourself for success, followed with ways to create action plans so that your ideals manifest themselves into rea
David Feinstein
Maximum Achievement is a tremendous book. It's like a modern day version of "Think and Grow Rich," and "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and A goal setting seminar all in one.

Also there are many step by step exercises to help you develop your skills. A book that should be reread over and over again.
Brandon Clay
I have a simple formula for success that requires the right Opportunity, Timing and People. This book, "Maximum Achievement" by Brian Tracy was a potent combination of the three and impacted my life at a time I most needed this type of message.

As a student of the success classics I have always prided myself on understanding the laws of the mind and achievement. However, there was a "missing link" of those laws and their practical daily application in the world of business and sales...enter Brian
Leo Polovets
Devoid of useful content. “Maximum Achievement” is all platitudes and parables and very little meat. The advice is stuff like “think positive” and “repeat ‘I believe in myself’ 50 times in the morning and at night.” Lots of mentions of the Law of Attraction. This was particularly disappointing after all of the science-based, insightful books that I’ve recently read (like Succeed and Willpower).
TimFriday
Excellent. I especially like the section about to give constructive criticism & the danger of destructive criticism. My favorite quote of the book (paraphrase): "Decide what it is you want, then resolve to pay the price to get it."
This book changed my life! READ IT!
Jenny
One of the most comprehensive books on personal development, psychology and goal-setting I have ever read.

I actually think the title does the book a disservice. As an already achievement-oriented person, I was hesitant to read something that would just push me harder. Quite the contrary - every page is packed with information that helped me get clarity on my mental patterns and true desires. I see this book as a rare "meta" book in the field of personal development because of how broad and all-
Moriah
This is one of my favorite books. I almost think of it as a more spiritually based book than business. I enjoy the common sense approach to life, the steps to organization and seriousness of commitment to achieve anything worthwhile in life and the reiteration that you need to have a burning desire to complete your goals.

There are a wide variety of angles and approaches that just make sense. This book trumps all the ideas in "The Secret," by Rhonda Byrne two fold. I reread this book often and th
Joe
An excellent book that talks about success in business, relationships, health and financially.

Essentially is breaks down in to deciding what you want, goals. Putting in place a plan and carrying out that plan. If you don't plan for health and take action toward it you won't get it.

Time management is important as is noticing what you are thinking and intentionally driving your own thoughts to create the life you want, fundamentally different from most peoples approach to life of being a slave to
Chris
If you take this book to heart, you will have positive energy; this is especially important for parents & teachers to have.
World-class athletes know the importance of visualization & other techniques written about in this book.
"The Secret" is essentially a chapter taken from this book.
This is a book you will probably re-read several times, so it's definitely worth purchasing.
Simon
This was the first personal development book I read, and it changed my life. A great guide to setting goals, time management and working out a strategy to be everything you can be in life. This covers so many different areas of personal development, if you are looking for a book that will be a good introduction to the world of self help, this is a great place to start.
Vaishali
"Work on yourself as if your future depended on it ... because it does. You cannot change the world, but you can present the world with one improved person: yourself." Another fantastic, highly useful edition from Brian Tracy. Very practical, hands-on information we've come to expect from Brian. A short book, too!
Patrick Riddle
This is Brian Tracy's finest work. I have read several of his books and this is all you need to read. It covers success for all parts of life.

I have read over 200 books in the last few years in personal and professional development and this book is in my top 5. That is all I have to say.
Tatiana Pecherskaya
Very inspiring! It's a great book for those who crave self-development, better understanding of him/herself and human potential. I started practicing some of the principles described in the book and noticed how my life started to change. You can do it too!
Bart Murray
1st and Best book I've ever read on the subject of success and achievement. This book gives you every formula of success you'll ever need. If I have to pick one book to succeed this is it.
Scott
Does contain alot of repetition of Tracy's work but is probably the best collection of it. The chapter on goals is worth the price if the book ten times over.
Trilok Reddy
all questions answered. i give a generous 5 . amazing things happened while reading and after reading the book.
Jonathan Johansson
simply awesome,.. everyone should read this book
Maggie James
A comprehensive guide to maximising personal potential. This book is a manual on how to get the most out of life. Brian Tracy's advice is wise, practical and thorough. He doesn't pull any punches and at times is blunt, but what he says is sound. The book isn't without its faults - he assumes everyone is heterosexual, and his views on male/female dynamics are old-fashioned and patronising, but then the book was written over twenty years ago, so I guess he's simply reflecting ideas that now seem o ...more
Abhishek Sharma
after getting bored with fiction genre i just started reading this awwsome book..

since i was somehow suffering from negative thoughts, this book has really helped me to get out of the negativity i was possessing in my subconsious mind.. even though from the begining this book could not hold me for too long,, still i believed that this book have something to worth for. cause so many anecdotes have inspired me as well espeacilly the labour transforming himself into a good salesman he possibly wou
Desiree Finkbeiner
Well done! Tracy brings together a conglomeration of information previously presented by some of my favorite New Thought authors and gives it his own little twist. He covers various universal laws pertaining to success and thought creation. Nothing new to me, BUT all fantastic reminders along with some great exercises to stay 'tuned-in' to deliberate creation of my own reality-- presented in simple but strong language, great for modern readers who may not be able to get through some of the older ...more
Kunmi Ariyo
I read this book in 2001 and it changed my life forever.I had a bike accident in Oct and i broke my leg so i was at home for 3 months and that was when i read this book.this book was the best thing that happened to me during that period.
I learnt the 5 mental laws.I learnt how to align my thinking with the things i wanted in life.I learnt how to build my self confidence and how to sell myself.It's a must read for everyone!!
Fed
Not the typical book on success. Tracy talks about forgiveness, taking responsibility for mistakes, and setting goals, as elements for success and these elements, are not ones to attract crowds. However, I agree with Tracy that being honest with oneself and paying attention to these areas will increase our happiness and success.

This is a great quote:
“Your job is to play beautiful music with your life and to create a beautiful performance with it”.

I enjoyed the book, but there are some areas th
JP
Brian Tracy's books have always resonated with me. This one did especially, in part because it seems to be a summary of everything he's developed. The central theme is personal accountability and positive mindset as the core of individual achievement.
Cassi
Brian Tracy goes into so much detail about everything it was hard to put this down and end my lunch break! There is a lot of information to process here. I think this may be the only book that I'd want to read parts over and over again!
Jaakko Monthan
last chapter is vital. top 3 books I have read until now.
Taylor Jaramillo
I didn't read the entire book. In fact, I made it to page 97 and I couldn't do it. The book is very repetitive. Yes, it had its moments when I felt, "wow, this might actually be relevant and helpful to me," and other times I felt, "when will this ever make me feel better?" Maybe I'm too young to read this.
  • Overachievement: The New Science of Working Less to Accomplish More
  • Radical Honesty : How to Transform Your Life by Telling the Truth
  • Management of the Absurd
  • You, Inc.: The Art of Selling Yourself
  • The Joy of Simple Living: Over 1,500 Simple Ways to Make Your Life Easy and Content-- At Home and At Work
  • The Millionaire Messenger: Make a Difference and a Fortune Sharing Your Advice
  • Simpleology: The Simple Science of Getting What You Want
  • Personal Development for Smart People: The Conscious Pursuit of Personal Growth
  • Career Renegade: How to Make a Great Living Doing What You Love
  • The Art of Exceptional Living
  • Thinking for a Change: 11 Ways Highly Successful People Approach Life andWork
  • The Psychology of Winning
  • Goals: Setting And Achieving Them On Schedule
  • How to Get Rich
  • It's Not about the Money: Unlock Your Money Type to Achieve Spiritual and Financial Abundance
  • The Smartest Investment Book You'll Ever Read: The Simple, Stress-Free Way to Reach Your Investment Goals
  • People Are Idiots and I Can Prove It!: The 10 Ways You Are Sabotaging Yourself and How You Can Overcome Them
  • Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Black Book of Connections: 6.5 Assets for Networking Your Way to Rich Relationships
22033
Brian Tracy is Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, a company specializing in the training and development of individuals and organizations.

Brian Tracy has consulted for more than 1,000 companies and addressed more than 5,000,000 people in 5,000 talks and seminars throughout the US, Canada and 55 other countries worldwide. As a Keynote speaker and seminar leader, he addresses more than 2
More about Brian Tracy...
Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline The Psychology of Selling: How to Sell More, Easier, and Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible The Psychology of Achievement

“إذا كانت الحاجة أم الإختراع فيبدو أن الألم هو أبو التعلم. يبدو أننا نحتاج إلى دُفعة الإحباط والضغط كي نسمح لأنفسنا برؤية الأفكار والطرق الجديدة للقيام بالأشياء!” 6 likes
“أنتَ لستَ ما تعتقدأنّكَ عليه، بل ما تعتقده هو ما يصنعك.” 4 likes