Start by marking “Eternal City” as Want to Read:
Eternal City

Eternal City

In the heart of the Canadian woods, the environment is deteriorating. People have moved away and some have disappeared. When Claire Mowatt inherits her aunt's land, she arrives to find that the air, land and water have become polluted since the environmentally correct gated community Eternal City bought the island on Skeleton Lake. Claire knows she should just sell, but so ...more
Published October 1st 2003 by Five Star Trade (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Eternal City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternal City

Althea Ann
Feb 17, 2012 Althea Ann rated it liked it
I was very enthused by one of Kilpatrick's first books, the 1994 vampire novel 'Near Death,' and I've always thought it was cool that she's part of the goth scene... but for some reason, I haven't really followed her writing - I'm not sure why. Too many books, too little time!

'Eternal City' wasn't bad. The story moves along at a fast clip, and there's some good moments of horror and tension. The writing is pretty basic - it's there to get the story across. It feels almost YA at times... expect f
Lynne Page
I picked this book up at a used book store because I needed something new to read and wasn't at home. I had hopes for it because it has a very nice looking cover and was also a Canadian novel.
Unfortunately, I was bitterly disappointed.
The characters in this novel are completely unbelievable, and the dialogue between the characters was very stilted and awkward.
I do not find that any of her characters were mature enough for their apparent ages, from the 13 year old boys to the two separate pare
Archana Chari
The book was very different and a little weird in some sense. The story evolved around the Eternal city too much that at one point you get bored of waiting for the suspense. But towards the end the story was crisp. All together, its was okay if you don't have too much expectations from the cover or the gist of the story.
Kristen
This novel is literally an eco-thriller with horror/sci fi/fantasy elements, and a hint of horror, but not too gory. It's a little bit of this and that for a fair read in 3.5 days. It's around 2.5 to 3 stars.
Autumn
Jun 12, 2010 Autumn rated it liked it
Worth reading.
Bari
Bari rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2013
Sarah Mitchell
Sarah Mitchell rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2014
Robert Beveridge
Robert Beveridge marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2010
M-E Girard
M-E Girard marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2013
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Mike
Mike added it
Jun 06, 2015
Nancy Kilpatrick
Sep 13, 2015 Nancy Kilpatrick added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Amber Vaughn
Amber Vaughn marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016