Start by marking “Where's My Teddy?” as Want to Read:
Where's My Teddy?

Where's My Teddy?

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,410 Ratings  ·  161 Reviews
Little Eddy has lost his toy bear and goes looking for him in the dark, horrible woods - but he doesn't know he's in for a big surprise!
Published April 1st 1994 by Walker & Company (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Where's My Teddy?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where's My Teddy?

karen
Oct 12, 2014 karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i read this while i was waiting in line to use the bathroom at the best childrens library ever yesterday. this book is a delight. im probably going to spoil it, but its like an 8 page book - theres really no room for dramatic plot twists - imagine somehow losing your teddy bear in a forest (yeah i dont know - it could happen), and then you turn a corner (turn a tree?) and there is your teddy only he is enormous!!! imagine that moment of confusion and terror. have you shrunk?? has the teddy grown ...more
Jamie
Sep 04, 2015 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Very simple book. Fun artwork and easy to read story. Shows that everyone needs their own special Teddy. Great for children under the age of 4. What I do not get though, is why is the book so big?! It is a large book that might be awkward for a child to hold or carry.
Hassan Ali
Mar 20, 2014 Hassan Ali rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Review 7 - Where’s My Teddy? – Jez Alborough

This book is fantastic! It is about a young boy called Eddy who goes off to search for his teddy called Freddy in the woods. While in the woods, Eddy finds a huge bear and wonders how his small teddy became so big and suddenly hears someone crying not too far away. The crying comes from a gigantic bear that is clutching a small teddy and is also desperate to find his teddy bear. Children will have fun finding out what happens next in the story, wh
Zequoia Hyche
Where's My Teddy is a really great story that teaches children about sizes and which size is appropriate for which character. I like how Jez Alborough used the concept of bears to convey his story. I thought that was interesting and I the illustrations were very big and bold and fitting for the story that was being told. I liked how both characters both needed their bears, so that they could sleep at night. Overall its a nice story for parents to read to their children before going to bed with t ...more
Kay
Sep 18, 2011 Kay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: primary, mathematical
Poor Eddy loses his teddy, Freddy and he goes into the woods to search for him. A dark and horrible wood, where Eddy gets scared. He would rather be in bed with his teddy, Freddy. Eddy tiptoes through the wood until he sees something. It is a GIANT TEDDY BEAR. Surprised at the size, Eddy thinks that teddy is now too big to cuddle or fit in this bed and he looks glum.

Then Eddy hears sobbing and a loud voice, ‘How did you get to be tiddly and small?’ A gigantic bear was stomping towards Eddy carry
Noreen Butt
This is about a young boy called Eddy who goes off to search for his teddy called Freddy in the woods. To his surprise, he meets a gigantic bear in the woods. He sits there wondering how the teddy became so big to cuddle and how he will never fit in his bed. Suddenly he hears a sound of sobbing coming nearer and nearer. Eddy hides behind the big teddy when he is faced by a real gigantic bear who is also looking for his big teddy. He has Eddy’s small teddy. Eventually they each grab their own ted ...more
Zaynab Modaykhan
This story tells the tale of a boy named Eddy who has lost his teddy named Freddy! Eddy wonders through the woods to find Freddy and stumbles across a teddy who looks like his teddy, but is a huge sized one! Eddy feels sad as he realises that he cant take this big teddy home now as he is too big to fit into his bed! Then, Eddy hears a voice sobbing and talking about their teddy being too small and that the small teddy wont be able to fit into their giant sized bed! Eddy becomes scared and hides ...more
Gazelle
I liked how it shows the idea of different needs between different beings to children. what can be just perfect for one could be someone else's worst nightmare.
Melanie Abril
Where’s My Teddy is a creative approach to a children’s mystery, tying the animal world to the human world. A boy named Eddie seems to have lost his teddy bear in the woods. He is in a state of despair, just wanting to cuddle his teddy bear, when he stumbles upon a bear just like his. The only thing is that it’s way too big! He then hears a voice in the forest, who seems to be in the same predicament as him. His teddy bear has become much too small. When Eddie discovers the source of the voice h ...more
Amy Whiffin
Oct 25, 2014 Amy Whiffin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book will be loved by children who are in Early Years or Key Stage One. I read this book to be used as part of literacy for my topic web –with the topic of Toys.

The book is relatively short with great illustrations. The plot is humorous and will be very appealing for children. The boy in the book, Eddy, loses his bear called Freddy in the woods. On his adventure finding his bear he has found that his bear has grown extremely large, so much so he can no longer pick him up or take him to bed
Holly
Oct 14, 2013 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is about a boy and a bear who lose their teddies.

The book is very funny with its content and combined with the heavy rhyming pattern of the book makes for a very enjoyable read with children as a large group.

The pictures are very descriptive and add to the humour of the book. Due to the nature of the story, it also gives the children to predict the outcome of the book.

This book would be very suitable in the Early Years.
Olubukola Apoeso
WHERE‘S MY TEDDY
This children’s literature is very illustrative, imaginative and captivating. It’s about a boy Eddy, who lost his teddy, Freddy. He went all out to look for it and during his search,He found a bigger teddy and thought it was his. He began to wonder aloud how big it had gone and just at the nick of time, a gigantic bear came out of the woods, holding Eddy’s teddy bear, Freddy. They both looked surprised and quickly exchanged the teddy bear and walked quickly to their homes.
This bo
Katie Pszczola
Dec 03, 2012 Katie Pszczola rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rhyming
This fun rhyming story would be a fun book for students to read on their own while they are learning to read. The pictures help us understand the words. The words are mostly short and rhyme so children would be able to read on their own.
Michelle McBeth
This book has colorful and simple illustrations for little ones. The story is cute. It is about a little boy who loses his teddy in the forest but is confused by finding a gigantic teddy bear that surely can't be his own. It turns out to be the teddy bear of a real bear who in turn is holding the little boy's little teddy. Both boys are reunited with their teddies and run home, scared at seeing each other. It is a simple straight forward story with suspense, but not too frightening. The bear is ...more
Amy
Jun 21, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This is the most adorable book ever! A case of mistaken teddy identity leaves a bear and a boy very confused.

The story is hilarious, and the pictures are so adorable. I wanted to cuddle everything on the page.
Sharena
This is a very easy read. I love that there are many rhyming words. I think this is a great read aloud because the rhyming helps the children be apart of the story. They can guess what word will come next.
Caitlin
Oct 25, 2012 Caitlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reading-4050
This short story is a little far-fetched, (why would a child lose his teddy in the “dark horrible” woods?) But, it is funny. The illustrations are decent; the words are big and simple to read. The summary is that a little boy named Eddie has lost his teddy bear, named Freddie in the woods. When he goes to find his teddy he stumbles upon a teddy bear that looks like his Freddie, but is much too large…while trying to figure out what has happened, a giant real bear shows up, who has a problem that ...more
Evan
In this hilarious Spanish language edition of Jez Alborough's 'Where's My Teddy?', the young protagonist goes searching for his lost teddy in the woods but instead finds he's been enlarged to many times his original size & towers over the little boy. As he rhymes about his bewilderment, he is distracted by a loud noise: A huge bear is rhyming about her own bewilderment at her beloved teddy bear having shrunk. The climax of the story is adorable.
Naomi
Aug 02, 2015 Naomi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really cute and humorous series about a big, scary bear who ends up to be not that scary given that he carries a big ole teddy bear and his little human friend who can't get enough of the big guy. Illustrations are vibrant and match the story. Love the illustration for bear. HILARIOUS! As a 40 some odd year old woman, I found myself laughing at this book. There was just simple joy in some of the scenes. My favorite of the "series".
Eileen
May 08, 2012 Eileen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book to a Year 1 class and I have to say that the children really enjoyed the story. The storyline had the children engaged, because they were guessing where the bear would be, the children were in suspense. Within the story a little boy loses his teddy. He then thinks that he has found the teddy but it is actually a real life bear. The end of the story is also quite reassuring for the children.

Using this work worked quite well because we centred our English lessons around this story
Leonie
Aug 04, 2014 Leonie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A bear loses his teddy, a boy called Eddy loses his Teddy. They both go hunting in the woods and inadvertently find each other's teddy. Comic rhyming and a fast paced good metered children's story ensues. I found this book in a box by a recycling bin. I hope a bear doesn't come looking for it.
Evan
This somewhat silly book encounters a boy and a bear who are each in search of their lost teddy bears. There is a funny mix-up that will have adult readers chuckling, and the lilting rhyme of the text will keep little ears listening.
Tanya
What fun! The rhymes are great and the story too--had a surprise in their that was unexpected. I liked the illustrations a lot. Wish I had this when my kids were younger and we'd huddle and cuddle as we read bedtime stories together.
Beth Nieman
What we have here is a case of mistaken identity--teddy bear identity, that is. A boy and live bear have somehow gotten their bears mixed up! The expressions on the faces of the characters add so much to the paintings! Young children will relate to the easy rhyming text, too. Great bedtime story!
Kristina
short, holds kid' interest, easy to intearct wtih them and ask them questions about what's happening (what was the difference between the teddy bears, how do you think they got switched, etc.)
Miss Kelly
Feb 09, 2016 Miss Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Getting ready for a storytime about "lost-n-found". I am using this wonderful picture book with a cute/silly ending of lost teddy bears being found by their rightful owners.
Danika Meunier
The text is both rhyming and rhythmical. It is a short and simple story that could is engaging for young audiences. Recommended for 1 & up.

Storytime Approved.

Tanya
We enjoyed this one--had surprises in store for us. Take time to appreciate the illustrations especially as you can see how much work went into certain the forests.
Teressa
When your son holds his teddy (Winnie the pooh) tightly to him while you read this story, you know you have written an amazing children's book. Cute, quick and funny.
Justin Castillo
Aug 23, 2015 Justin Castillo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tight rhymes. Charming and cute and cuddly like a plush, bedroom bear should be. Would love to give a copy to the Teddy Bear of Late Night, James Corden. #NuzzleWithThis
UEL Primary PGCE ...: Where's my teddy? 1 1 Oct 25, 2014 10:08AM
  • I'm Not Cute!
  • I Know a Rhino
  • The Wolf's Chicken Stew
  • The Wide-Mouthed Frog: A Pop-Up Book
  • The Terrible Plop
  • Can You Make a Scary Face?
  • Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Colors and Counting
  • Old Bear
  • What Shall We Do With The Boo Hoo Baby?
  • Hi, Pizza Man!
  • Monkey And Me
  • The Cow Who Fell in the Canal
  • Bears on Chairs
  • Maybe a Bear Ate It!
Jez Alborough is the author-illustrator of the picture-book charmer HUG, his first book about Bobo. He has also created many other celebrated books for children, including SOME DOGS DO — a story about a dog who can fly — and the best-selling Eddie and the Bear books: WHERE'S MY TEDDY?, IT'S THE BEAR!, and MY FRIEND BEAR. Of TALL, he says, "Bobo experiences feeling small as well as feeling tall, bu ...more
More about Jez Alborough...