Start by marking “Prayers for a Planetary Pilgrim: A Personal Manual for Prayer and Ritual” as Want to Read:
Prayers for a Planetary Pilgrim: A Personal Manual for Prayer and Ritual

Prayers for a Planetary Pilgrim: A Personal Manual for Prayer and Ritual

Morning and evening prayers for each of the four seasons, as well as rituals and contemporary psalms for sacred seasons and a wide variety of occasions.
Published January 29th 2008 by Forest of Peace Publishing (first published May 31st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Prayers for a Planetary Pilgrim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prayers for a Planetary Pilgrim

Brad VanAuken
Sep 22, 2011 Brad VanAuken rated it it was amazing
This book has always made it back to the top of my book pile on my night stand -- for the past 15 years. It presents a deeply spiritual approach to prayer with pauses for silent prayer and meditation. I especially like the prayers by time of day, day of the week and season of the year. There are prayers for different life transitions and for different moods. I like the focus on nature and on the vastness of the universe as witnessed by contemplating outer space. I am a spirit having a human expe ...more
Karen Maskarinec
May 04, 2013 Karen Maskarinec rated it it was amazing
This book is one of my most constant companions. The morning and evening prayers, for each day of the week in each of the four seasons, still bring me peace, joy, and inspiration after MANY YEARS of using this book to shape my prayer time. There have been seasons, and months, and maybe even years, when I have put it aside, but I keep coming back to it, and I am never sorry.
Terri Kempton
Sep 29, 2009 Terri Kempton rated it it was amazing
I have rediscovered this book that contains many seasonal-based meditations and a daily prayer/meditation reading for each morning and evening according to seasons. Hays, a Catholic, is quite good at respecting all faiths and addressing the divine in as open a way as possible.
Deirdre
Oct 02, 2012 Deirdre rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual, religion
this was a gift given to a bunch of us at the end of our senior high school of youth group. I well remember the memories and friendships from those days.
Pam
Mar 10, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been my daily prayer book since the 1970s, it has never grown old, based on the cyclic life of the seasons, it keeps me loving the earth.
Karen
Dec 09, 2008 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in inspiration for their prayer life
Recommended to Karen by: My friend Rosie's mother
This is my all time favorite prayer book. Edwards Hays inspires my every morning and comforts my every evening as I say his prayers.
Laurie
Oct 18, 2008 Laurie rated it it was amazing
A ritual, psalm and litany of prayer for every day of the year, every season of life every experience of living.
Rebecka
Mar 15, 2012 Rebecka rated it really liked it
Prayers for every occasion, every place and every time.
Sean Whelan
Feb 25, 2011 Sean Whelan rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book.
Ysabel
Ysabel rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Richard Smith
Richard Smith rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Michelle Murrain
Michelle Murrain rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Mark Jacobson
Mark Jacobson rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Spring Pillsbury
Spring Pillsbury rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Jimmy Pickett
Jimmy Pickett marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Gwen Mason
Gwen Mason rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Thoma Miller
Thoma Miller marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Janey Vox
Janey Vox rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Daniel Stracquadanio
Daniel Stracquadanio marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Stephen W
Stephen W rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Betsy
Betsy marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Doreen
Doreen marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Kathleen Perry
Kathleen Perry marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Marcia
Marcia rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Kimberley Debus
Kimberley Debus rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Sr. Paula
Sr. Paula rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

“Our great daystar floods the Earth with fire in this season of summer. The heart of the sun prays at forty million degrees; grant me a heart of such fierce fire as I now begin this new day in an act of devotion and adoration. Wrap me in the silence of your Spirit and lead me into quiet prayer.” 0 likes
“I now turn fully to face you, 0 God, the source of the universe and of my life, as I enter into silence.” 0 likes