Start by marking “Where Love Dwells (Candlewood Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Where Love Dwells (Candlewood Trilogy, #3)

Where Love Dwells (Candlewood Trilogy #3)

Emma Garrett is eagerly anticipating the arrival of spring, when her family plans to reunite in Candlewood. Together they will celebrate her birthday at Hill House, the boarding house she oversees. Though anxious to introduce her sons to Zachary Breckenwith, her sons' own problems soon overshadow her joy.
Published August 1st 2008 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Where Love Dwells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Love Dwells

Margaret
Jan 16, 2009 Margaret rated it liked it
This trilogy explores issue related to widowhood in a setting near the turn of the 20th century. Hospitality, charity and parenting are other themes that run through the books. I think I only read two of the three.

Amanda
Jan 18, 2009 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Delia Parr never disappoints. I thoroughly enjoyed her Candlewood trilogy and recommend it to anyone who likes beautifully written historical fiction with memorable characters.
Ellen
Jul 25, 2011 Ellen rated it it was amazing
Where Love Dwells ended up being my favorite of Parr's Candlewood Trilogy. The characters I came to know and love in the first two books are back, with a few new faces too. Readers meet Emma's sons and grandkids at long last--along with a surprise named Wren. Feisty and outspoken, Wren's character won me over from her first line. Outcast and bitter about being estranged from her mother, she has the "rough around the edges" heart that so many foster kids come into families with. I found myself ...more
Jan Mcleod
Aug 12, 2016 Jan Mcleod rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Candlewood Trilogy. It is a beautifully written historical fiction with unforgettable characters. It deals with love, family, faith, and is an excellent expose on life's joys and problems. It is interesting to read how Emma, the main character, deals with and can adapt even though she is a very strong woman.
Many of the characters are from the previous two books, but there are a few new ones. One is named Wyrn, an insolent, rude, obnoxious teenager that Emma tries t
Juanita Rockhill
A Satisfying Conclusion

Book three of the Candlewood Trilogy is as hard to put down as its predecessors. In addition to renewing acquaintances with some e the characters you've come to love in books one and two, we finally meet Widow Emma Garrett's family...with a very interesting surprise 'niece' thrown into the mix. On again-off again wedding plans resolve in an unexpected but satisfying conclusion to this delightful series.
Miriam
Jun 26, 2016 Miriam rated it liked it
i like the author (i taught with her for a number of years), i love the characters, the location and the storyline. however, i am an atheist, so the religion gets in the way of the story for me. i understand it's place in the trilogy and i appreciate the faith exhibited by the characters and the author, but it is a stumbling block for me.
Paula-O
Jan 29, 2011 Paula-O rated it really liked it
I have finished this series and it was great reading. I enjoyed reading how strong a character Emma was yet she could bend. She changed her views when she knew in her heart of hearts that she was going in the wrong direction and she leaned heavily on the Lord and his guidance in her life. this starts out slow but you will fall in love with the characters and want to finish it.
Karen
Jul 10, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of love and Faith

Wonderful story about love, family and Faith in God. Exceptionally written. Great examples of life's ups and downs and how the main character handles them through her faith in God.
Janie Buckley
Sep 04, 2016 Janie Buckley rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Such a sweet trilogy! The relationships were so special in these books. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know these characters and seeing how they worked through both good and tough times.
Brenda Wharton
Jun 15, 2012 Brenda Wharton rated it really liked it

Book #3 in the candlewood trilogy. Great book. Nicely wrapped up what happens to all the characters in the previous books
Kim Berger
Kim Berger rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Dawn Perkins
Dawn Perkins rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Jane Greer
Jane Greer rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Auntie
Auntie rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2012
Terry Giet
Terry Giet rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2009
Polly Topolinsky
Polly Topolinsky rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2013
Gail Smith
Gail Smith rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Dori
Dori rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2013
MELISSA BYNUM
MELISSA BYNUM rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Jeanne Eastep
Jeanne Eastep rated it did not like it
Mar 09, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Janice
Janice rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2012
Ana Popielnicki
Ana Popielnicki rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Eva Reynolds
Eva Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Tidings of Peace
  • Promised to Me (Coming to America #4)
  • The Key on the Quilt (The Quilt Chronicles #1)
  • Spring of My Love (Silver Hills Trilogy #3)
  • Love Comes Home (Rosey Corner, #3)
  • Under Suspicion (Hideaway, #6)
  • A Stitch in Time: Basket Stitch/Double Cross/Spider Web Rose/Double Running
  • The Lone Star Romance Collection: Five Stories of Untamed Love in a Wild State
  • Sweet Mercy
  • Sweetened with Honey (A Farm Fresh Romance #3)
  • Beautiful Star of Bethlehem
  • One Perfect Honeymoon (Bellingwood, #8.5)
  • The Chairman
  • Painted Montana Sky (Montana Sky #3.5)
Delia is the author of fifteen historical novels who now devotes herself to writing inspirational historical romance. The mother of three grown children, she is a full-time high school teacher in southern New Jersey who spends her summers writing on Anna Maria Island in Florida.
More about Delia Parr...

Candlewood Trilogy (3 books)
  • A Hearth in Candlewood (Candlewood Trilogy, #1)
  • Refining Emma (Candlewood Trilogy, #2)