Start by marking “Diane - The Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper” as Want to Read:
Diane - The Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper

Diane - The Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper

Audio Cassette, 45 pages
Published October 1st 1990 by Simon & Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about Diane - The Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diane - The Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Cooper

Paquita Maria Sanchez
Jul 23, 2012 Paquita Maria Sanchez rated it really liked it
Shelves: truthiness
If you're like me in that you generally find audiobooks more difficult to pay strict attention to than an 8am lecture on statistics, but you still want something to do while cleaning your apartment, may I suggest listening to the soothing voice and sage observations of the man of my dreams? (Dale, not Kyle.) Are you the sort of person who still finds it heartbreaking that Twin Peaks stopped when it did, and punch at the air in frustration when watching or even thinking about the show's final sce ...more
Oziel Bispo
Mar 05, 2017 Oziel Bispo rated it really liked it
engraçado, viciante , com efeitos sonoros perfeitos...curti muito
Christopher
Jan 29, 2014 Christopher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: television-games
Utterly useless yet utterly priceless for quotes from the second greatest FBI agent to ever visit the town of Twin Peaks.

"Oh, Diane… never drink coffee that has been anywhere near a fish."

"Diane, 7:00 pm, the RR Diner. This must be where pies go when they die."
Gregory
Feb 22, 2008 Gregory rated it it was amazing
in 1994 this tape was stolen from my car and I have cried everyday for it's return. Good stuff.
Tristy
Jan 07, 2017 Tristy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book
Getting ready for the third season to begin!
Meatus Prince
Feb 07, 2010 Meatus Prince rated it it was amazing
Oh Dale Cooper...
Steph
Extremely short and light and enjoyable. It's Coop's narration to Diane spanning from just before the first episode of Twin Peaks to just after the first episode of season 2. I really liked that actual audio narration from the show is interspersed with new material to fill in the gaps. Definitely a nice listen, and it's on youtube!!
Amélia
Jan 06, 2017 Amélia rated it really liked it
Nothing 'new' but doesn't fail to bring back the feeling of the tv show. Good for any fans.
Including the beautiful quotes :

"'aspargus for dinner again. I hate aspargus. Does that mean I'll never grow up?'

"the kind of place where when you lie down you don't forget to dream" (About the great northern hotel)

"Canadian geese !"

"The air is as fresh and crisp as a cracker.
You sleep like a lumber." (beautiful poetry)(with food, what a non-surprise)"

"This is clearly a place that inspires dreaming about
William Gallimore-Tallen
Feb 25, 2017 William Gallimore-Tallen rated it it was amazing
"Diane, I'm currently at the 'Double R' diner enjoying a cup of coffee and a slice of cherry pie. This must be where pies go when they die."

This is truly a 'must listen' for any Twin Peaks fan. With the very short running time of 45 minutes my only criticism is that I wanted it to last longer.

What really made this so enjoyable was that I actually listened to this on cassette so I felt that added to the listening experience.

Not only was this mostly newly recorded entries narrated by Kyle MacLac
~♡Sushi♡~
Jul 03, 2013 ~♡Sushi♡~ rated it it was amazing
If you're planning on leaving on holiday anytime soon, and happen to be a fan of Twin Peaks, I suggest rather forcefully urge you to take this with you.

Darling Dale accompanied me on my 6 (or 7, I'm not sure) hour bus ride, and I was smiling and ''Oh, Dale''-ing like an idiot all throughout, and probably received a few odd glances from the passengers now and then. Oh well.

Lying awake in bed far away at a friend's house, Dale Cooper's soothing voice, almost like a lullaby to the ears gave me comf
Liz
Jun 29, 2015 Liz rated it it was amazing
A must-read for any Twin Peaks fans. Set shortly after Season 2 began, the audiobook (it was released only as cassette tapes) features original monologues to "Diane", Agent Dale Cooper's never-seen assistant, as well as portions lifted directly from the TV show.

Very short, but well worth the listen. Not much new information is given, mostly asides about his trip to Twin Peaks, major plot points, and coffee. But since it's all read in that distinctively poetic Agent Cooper manner, it's well wort
Dryopteris
Apr 29, 2012 Dryopteris rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
While it's true that there is not much new material in these recordings compared to the TV series, they tie in very nicely with the series and, due to Kyle McLachlan's expressive speaking, you can feel the emotions behind every entry. The only downside of listening to this is that you'll be left drooling for a piece of blueberry pie :-)
Bailee Walsh
Jan 02, 2017 Bailee Walsh rated it really liked it
It's Twin Peaks, so I love it!
It's Special Agent Dale Cooper, so I love it!
But I wish there was more, I wish it was longer.
It's definitely not essential for Twin Peaks but it's a fun supplemental feature. And I probably will listen to it again, most likely whenever I watch the show, which is at least once a year.
Garrett Zecker
Dec 31, 2016 Garrett Zecker rated it it was amazing
The first audiobook I am actually reviewing is also the last of the books that I am reviewing leading into the premiere of the new season – twenty-five years later – on Showtime in 2017. Very excited for it.

This long-forgotten (but recently rereleased) audiobook on tape is a forty-minute pleasure to listen to for fans of the show. It is a little fourth-wall overlap between Dale Cooper's "Diane" tapes on the show interspersed with some brand new not-on-the-show material. It is produced in the fa
Isaac
Jan 12, 2017 Isaac rated it really liked it
This is my kind of Twin Peaks tie in!

Diane: The Twin Peaks Tapes of Agent Carter is exactly what it says on the tin. This is approximately 45 minutes of Agent Dale Cooper's tapes to Diane recorded throughout the Twin Peaks TV series.

Much of this audio you'll hear within episodes. Some seems to be originally recorded specifically for this collection.

As far as audio quality goes, dialogue is perfectly delivered by the inimitable Kyle MacLachlan. Per Wikipedia, MacLachlan was nominated for a Grammy
Rob Hermanowski
Dec 31, 2016 Rob Hermanowski rated it really liked it
Originally, this was available only on cassette tape after the first season of the "Twin Peaks" television show aired in the early 1990's. It was just re-released on audiobook as the TV series is about to be continued with a new season on Showtime sometime in 2017. This will make little sense to those who haven't watched the series, but for "Twin Peaks" fans it is a short (45 minutes) but very fun reminder of what a great character Kyle Maclachlan created (with, of course, David Lynch and Mark F ...more
Jassira Raxlly
May 21, 2017 Jassira Raxlly rated it it was amazing
"Diane!"
Love hearing the tape recordings throughout the first series. I enjoyed listening to his notes to Diane, verses watching them on the series. Fantastic and funny.
Great way to recap for the new series premiering tonight on Showtime!
SVRosenmeier
Jan 17, 2017 SVRosenmeier rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
A fun little listen to brush up on the story. Nothing new. It will only give meaning if you got the 2 first season's fresh in mind
Lauren
May 21, 2017 Lauren rated it liked it
It's an excellent review for the tv series before watching the 3rd season, but otherwise it's nothing new.
Michael B.
Mar 13, 2017 Michael B. rated it it was amazing
This is the tapes of Agent Cooper. If you are not a Twin Peaks fan then you won't be interested but I enjoyed it. Now beginning "The Autobiography of FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper - My Life, My Tapes" which is taken from his tape recordings which he began at age 13.
Alex Daniel
Feb 11, 2017 Alex Daniel rated it liked it
For fans, and for what it is, "Diane..." is short, sweet, and entertaining. You won't find anything new here, but it complements the show. Some snippets come directly from the show, while others function as a kind of "extended cut" version of the show. Everything here comes from before Cooper & Friends solve the murder of Laura Palmer. In other words, the events of Season 2 are largely left out.
Michael
One of those items I now wish I hadn't culled from my collection due to lack of space. The sooner I get my own Bookhouse the better!

While it doesn't give any information about the show's mysteries that aren't in the actual TV episodes, there are some expanded sections of Special Agent Cooper's audio missives to Diane. Also, you get to replay at will the classic line, "Diane, I'm holding in my hand a small box of chocolate bunnies." Deep; philosophical: they don't make them like this anymore (unl
Brian
Mar 30, 2012 Brian rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Kyle Maclachlan in character as Special Agent Dale Cooper, talking. What more could you want? It's a great character, he has a great voice, he says wonderful things, and it's nice to revisit the strange world of Twin Peaks through this side door. And you can listen to the whole thing for free on the internet. Some clips were created just for this audiobook, while others were taken directly from the TV show.
CaliGirlRae
A nice compilation of all the 'Diane' tapes Coop made throughout the Twin Peaks series. Some clips may jog your memory if you're a huge fan as they come direct from some of the episodes. Not really any new material but a must have for any TP fan. :-)
Kevin
Jan 03, 2017 Kevin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I nice trip down memory lane. I had the original cassette version once upon a time, so I was thrilled that this is now available as an audiobook.
Joey Heid
Aug 06, 2014 Joey Heid rated it really liked it
So good and yet so short. But it's more Twin Peaks and more importantly, more Coop. You can't go wrong.
Anna
Jan 02, 2017 Anna rated it it was amazing
A short, delightful audiobook. I wish it was longer and I wish it covered events beyond the very start of the second season. It's a nice way to relive the first season of the show.
Marissa
Oct 28, 2013 Marissa rated it really liked it
Nice mix of new stuff and some footage from the show. I sure do miss Kyle MacLachlan's smooth voice.
Molly
Jan 18, 2011 Molly rated it it was ok
Good, but not enough new material to please me.
Steve Davis
Oct 26, 2011 Steve Davis rated it liked it
Very enjoyable and a nice trip down memory lane, but I couldn't give it more than 3 stars since there isn't really any new material.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes
  • Welcome to Twin Peaks: An Access Guide to the Town
  • Full of Secrets: Critical Approaches to Twin Peaks
  • Reflections: An Oral History of Twin Peaks
  • The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer
  • Jag är din flickvän nu
  • The Secret History of Twin Peaks
  • African Myths of Origin
  • Deadpool: Paws Prose Novel
  • Doctor Who: The Natural History of Fear
  • Memento mori
  • How Many Kisses Do You Want Tonight?
171931
Scott Frost is an American screen writer and novelist. He is the son of actor Warren Frost and the brother of Mark Frost and actress Lindsay Frost. He worked with his brother and David Lynch on the Twin Peaks television series, writing two episodes. Among others, he has also written episodes of Babylon 5 and Andromeda. In the early 1990s, he wrote the script for the mystery/thriller TV movie Past ...more
More about Scott Frost...