Start by marking “The Renovation: Carter Mansion (Project Restoration, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Renovation: Carter Mansion (Project Restoration, #1)

The Renovation: Carter Mansion (Project Restoration #1)

Ethan Willis has made a career out of restoring old houses like the Carter Mansion so he’s an expert with doors and windows. He knows his way around a toolbox, a construction site, and anything else having to do with rebuilding. If only he could do the same with his own life. Tragically widowed and left with a young son, he’s done the best he could, but now that Chase has ...more
Published March 1st 2008 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about The Renovation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Renovation

Jim
Jan 28, 2017 Jim rated it really liked it
Good book that combines a love story with learning about God and how God can help our lives. Enjoyed the story.
Trish
Aug 19, 2013 Trish rated it liked it
This was an OK story - based on some of the other reviews, I was expecting more descriptions of the renovation, and was a bit disappointed there wasn't enough that I could actually picture the home in my mind (plenty of descriptions of the work involved, just not the finished product). While I knew what the final outcome would be (it is a romance, after all!) there were enough little twists to keep me engaged.

That being said, there were several elements that prevented the story from being a real
Jill Daw
Jul 30, 2013 Jill Daw rated it did not like it
I really wanted to like this book--the premise seemed interesting and I was interested to see how the renovation aspect was integrated into the plot. However, I found the book to be rather dull and contrite. While it was interesting enough to hold my attention through the first few chapters, after the first 30 pages or so I started to loose interest and by the end I was struggling to find the motivation to read the final chapters. They way religion was written into this book seemed heavy-handed ...more
Elaine
Apr 12, 2009 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, christian
More than a little pleasantly surprised.

Inside are real characters with real personalities. Not some Barbie doll romantics where boyfriend and girlfriend are so perfect it makes you want to gag. No these are real people who act real. A man who berates his child in front of the woman he's dating. The boy who walks away from the scolding parent. In addition to home restoration, this book's central theme is forgiveness.

This isn't a romance. It's a love story. God's love for us and how we extend tha
Andrea Stoeckel
Jul 25, 2013 Andrea Stoeckel rated it it was amazing
Reminiscent of L N Cronk's Chop Chop story arc, this book is the beginning of the story of Ethan and Chase Willis struggle with the loss of Ethan's mother Lynne from an unfortunate series of events. Cameron Dane is also strugglling with her past, and has reinvented herself as she tries to move forward. Their lives interesct and a wonderfully sweet story unfolds.

I loved this book and will look for the rest of the series. This book will make your heart smil
Christie
Nov 11, 2012 Christie rated it it was ok
This book was ok. While there were definitely parts that grabbed at my emotions, overall it was very slow moving and didn't hold my attention. (I had no problem putting it down to go to sleep or do something else.) The story has a nice point to it, but it probably could have been communicated much more quickly.
Jkmays
Jan 23, 2010 Jkmays rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
I wanted to like this book. It takes place in my home town, but I could not get into it at all. The only reason I had to continue reading was to see how true she was to Franklin, but after awhile that did not even cause me to go on. I stopped reading about 33% of the way through.
Christy Carmean
Feb 17, 2013 Christy Carmean rated it liked it
Real characters with real problems. Some hard to follow moments, but a good read. More depth than a typical Christian fiction.
Cheryl Hoover
Mar 10, 2016 Cheryl Hoover rated it really liked it
It's a book about forgiveness and how much better your life and future can be when you forgive and are forgiven.
Gennevia
Gennevia rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2013
Sallie Orth
Sallie Orth rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Stephanie Drilling
Stephanie Drilling rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Terri Haynes
Mar 16, 2013 Terri Haynes rated it really liked it
I really love Terri Kraus' style of writing. It makes me feel like I've just read a book of poetry.
Pat
Pat rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2009
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2012
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2014
Rachel Lee
Rachel Lee rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2009
Keith
Keith rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Emily Kleinhans
Emily Kleinhans rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
April Ross
April Ross rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2014
Ribi
Ribi rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2017
Corey
Corey rated it really liked it
May 03, 2014
Kasey
Kasey rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2010
Sara Brasher
Sara Brasher rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2013
Bev
Bev rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Oletha
Oletha rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2014
April
April rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Weight of Shadows
  • Duality (Guardians of the Light #1)
  • The Marquis (Gypsy Legacy, #1)
  • It's Your Call: What Are You Doing Here?
  • Midnight in Madrid (The Russian Trilogy #2)
  • Vanish
  • The Christmas Lamp
  • Booth's Sister
  • Exposure
  • Daring Chloe (Getaway Girls, #1)
  • True Religion: Taking Pieces of Heaven to Places of Hell on Earth
  • As Young As We Feel (The Four Lindas, #1)
  • Sifted: God's Scandalous Response to Satan's Outrageous Demand
  • Seeing through the Fog: Hope When Your World Falls Apart
  • Deadlock
  • Caught Off Guard: Encounters with the Unexpected God
  • The Clear Light of Day
  • Discover the Mystery of Faith: How Worship Shapes Believing

Project Restoration (3 books)
  • The Renewal: Midlands Building (Project Restoration #2)
  • The Transformation (Project Restoration #3)