Start by marking “Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California, #1)

Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  362 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Just twenty more acres and millionaire Adam King would restore his family ranch to its former glory. So intense was his obsession, he even considered marrying the girl next door. For Gina Torino's father was willing to "sell" her in exchange for the much-desired land.Gina was aware of her father's manipulative bargain...and decided to make a deal with Adam herself. She'd m ...more
Paperback, Silhouette Desire, #1857, 185 pages
Published March 11th 2008 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Bargaining for King's Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bargaining for King's Baby

milo
3 stars

It was a good read but I disliked the heroine.
Kaycee Sapinoso
This was a good book. Great storyline. Great characters. I totally enjoyed this one. A marriage of convenience was my cup of tea. I always loved books with that story line. And this one was so well done.

Adam King had wanted the land for years. But marrying Gina Torina was the only way to have it. He turned it down. Been there, done that. But when Gina gave him a deal he accepted it. Marry her, give her a baby, divorce her then he can have the land.

Gina Torino had been in love with Adam King for
Dancer
Queensland sheep station owner Jack Prescott wasn't ready to be a full-time father. He'd do his duty and care for his orphaned nephew, but he had no place in his battered heart for a baby...or for guardian Madison Tyler, the woman hell-bent on disrupting his life.

Yet Jack couldn't ignore the attraction he felt for Madison. Their affair was fast and furious...and soon fraught with regret. The city girl's stay in the Outback was only temporary and Jack had a little boy to care for. How could they
Yona
The book wasn't too bad but Gina irritated me a lot. She pushed Adam too much and she lied him although he doesn't know it. And maybe she did what needed to be done to make Adam live and feel again but the way she did it was still annoying.
Dee
Originally read June 2011, Re-read August 2013 and rated 3 stars both times.
Kathy
Timendu
So...this is a category romance and I should have known what I was getting into buuuut I really didn't like Gina. She was manipulative and naïve and just all round annoying. Why would it be a good idea to trick someone into loving you?

No. No. No. No. No.

Reading this series with my girl, Cho, so on to the next one.
Pravana
Kaycee's review was good.
Kym McNabney
This was my first book that I've read by this author. I don't normally read, Desire, books. I don't see the need to have the bedroom scenes, done. All in all, this book was well written, and a good story. I did feel there was some weak point, areas that could have been played out better. But still, a good story, and well written.
Kathy B. (Tx)
I love the Kings of California, so I thought I needed to go back to the beginning and read the first books. I thoroughly enjoyed this one. A marriage of convenience on both sides with the HEA ending I love so much. Maureen Child is an autobuy for me.
Arieana
The fifth story of No.1 Bestsellers collection.

Bargain for Adam King's baby is proposition from Gina Torino when she learn her father proposed her marriage for exchange the land that Adam wanted.
Brittney Bower
I find it just so sad that his failure in one marriage nearly lead to the death of another marriage to so one who truly loves him for who he is.
Livia
This is the first book in Maureen Child's Kings of California series and it is an outstanding read.I loved the hero and heroine in this one.,
Karina Díaz
es una historia diferente de las tradicionales novelas románticas en el ambiente descrito.. bien definida,emocinante y tierna.. me gusto muchisimo.
Lady Raven RAVE!
I love this book good read like the ending. can't wait to read the other brothers. A Keeper
Shriza Khan
Shriza Khan marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Scorp26
Scorp26 marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Akila
Akila marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Taisha
Taisha marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
  • Dante's Marriage Pact (The Dante Legacy #7)
  • The Tycoon Takes a Wife (The Landis Brothers, #4)
  • Claiming His Royal Heir
  • A Win-Win Proposition
  • Breathless for the Bachelor (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Stolen Baby, #4)
  • The Cowboy's Pride (Harlequin Desire)
  • The Millionaire Meets His Match (Duke Brothers #1)
  • One Last Night
  • Secret Son, Convenient Wife
  • Inheriting His Secret Christmas Baby (Dynasties: The Jarrods #6)
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot
More about Maureen Child...

Kings of California (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Marrying for King's Millions (Kings of California, #2)
  • Falling for King's Fortune (Kings of California, #3)
  • Conquering King's Heart (Kings of California, #4)
  • Claiming King's Baby (Kings of California, #5)
  • Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6)
  • Cinderella & the CEO (Kings of California, #7)
  • King's Million-Dollar Secret (Kings of California, #8)
  • Ready for King's Seduction (Kings of California, #9)
  • The Temporary Mrs. King (Kings of California, #10)
  • To Kiss a King (Kings of California, #11)
Baby Bonanza Beauty and the Best Man (Dynasties: The Lassiters) Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6) Bedeviled (Queen of the Otherworld, #1) Marrying for King's Millions (Kings of California, #2)