Start by marking “Faradawn (The Fog Mound)” as Want to Read:
Faradawn (The Fog Mound)

Faradawn (The Fog Mound)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  170 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
"How strange to be off the Mound again, in a world without boundaries!"After living on the Fog Mound for quite some time, Thelonious Chipmunk and his friends are ready to continue their travels. There are still old questions to be answered and new places to be explored. So, with the addition of new friends Bill the Human and Cluid Chipmunk, the animals sail off down the ri ...more
Published September 11th 2007 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Faradawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faradawn

Gphatty
Feb 07, 2008 Gphatty rated it liked it
Good sequel to Travels of Thelonious. The adventures take the animals to several locations, including the Faradawn of the title, as they try to discover what truly happened to the human race. The writing and art is still very strong, but the ending was a little silly. (It is a children's book, I suppose.)

The themes of violence & sustainablility, of taking care of the Earth, are still written into the story. And I still want to read the final volume. But some of the novelty was gone for me in
Christie
Jan 07, 2016 Christie rated it really liked it
The second book in The Fog Mound trilogy is just as awesome as the first. Miniature humans and flying machines!
Clarabel
Oct 25, 2011 Clarabel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un deuxième tome sous le signe des retrouvailles. C'est divertissant, avec des animaux comme acteurs principaux de cette aventure qui ne manque ni d'intérêt ni d'intelligence. L'histoire rappelle, sans paraître donneuse de leçon, qu'il faut prendre soin de la planète et éviter de répéter les mêmes erreurs.
Un chapitre sur l'autre, le roman laisse la place à des pages de bande dessinée qui complètent harmonieusement cet univers. Cela permet ainsi aux plus jeunes lecteurs de s'y intéresser, car la
Marjorie
Apr 23, 2014 Marjorie rated it liked it
Meh. Not great, but not terrible. Apparently, there is a third book as well.

Olivia Schall
Jun 26, 2014 Olivia Schall rated it really liked it
Good book!
The Brothers
Asher (8yo) read.

A good blend of text and graphic novel style for boys.
Molly
This is the second in this series and it is a quick read. I am enjoying the animals finding more out about their world and starting to get hints at what the humans did. I love Bill the very shrunken human who seems to lead them even though he tells them nothing. I did not think I would be but I am actually pretty exited to read the next one. Grades 3+
Marisa
Jan 18, 2010 Marisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: boybooks, j-fiction
Sequel to Travels of Thelonius. Just as good as the first, I'm planning on reading the last book of the trilogy. (And if I'm reading three books in one series it's got to be good!) Very quick read, very entertaining, and I still don't know why Bill is miniature. Would appeal to boys and girls equally.
Ingrid
Aug 04, 2011 Ingrid added it
This is turning out to be a very cute series. The second book ends in a big cliffhanger. Now I'm going to have to read Book 3. Some of the animals are starting to make the same mistakes that the humans did before they all disappeared. I must find out what happened to all the humans.
Kristen
Jun 27, 2008 Kristen rated it it was amazing
The sequel to the first book leads a group of animals out of their new-found home - The Fog Mound - and back into the world of both talking and non-talking animals. This book is not all graphic novel, but has interspersed graphics and comic sequences throughout the book.
Luke
Dec 24, 2008 Luke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritebooks
Another great one that continues the story of "Travels of Thelonious". A quick read, but also a very good one. Not quite as good as the first one, but I still found myself thinking "I'll just read one more chapter" and then reading another 50 pages before I knew it!
Cindi
Nov 11, 2008 Cindi rated it really liked it
This is the second book in "The Fog Mound" series. These graphic novels are nice because the chapters alternate back and forth from pictures to words. My seven-year-old can't wait to read the third one!
Tara Schaafsma
Jun 27, 2013 Tara Schaafsma rated it really liked it
Shelves: youth, graphic-novel
These are simply told, but very interesting. They're very fun. I think it'd be great to have it told as more of a young adult book and go into more detail, as it easily could, but it is fun as it is, too.
Mary Lee
Dec 23, 2007 Mary Lee rated it really liked it
My students finally discovered Travels of Thelonious -- a graphic novel hybrid that alternates graphic and text chapters -- and lucky for them, book 2 in the series is out!
Kim
Nov 19, 2010 Kim rated it really liked it
#2 in this young adult/graphic novel/science fiction/future dystopia trilogy of speaking animals and the weird, post-human world they live in. My almost 8yo loves them.
Westerville
Jan 21, 2010 Westerville rated it really liked it
Marisa says: "Sequel to Travels of Thelonius. Very quick read, very entertaining, and I still don't know why Bill is miniature. Would appeal to boys and girls equally."
H
Sep 07, 2010 H rated it liked it
Not quite as engaging as number 1, but still a great offering for intermediate readers who are looking for a chapter book with lots of illustrations.
Kristi
Mar 03, 2009 Kristi rated it it was amazing
My son (aged 10) loved this series - he received this book and the third in the series for Christmas after having read book one and enjoyed it.
Julie
Jan 05, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
The adventures of Thelonius and friends continue as they seek to learn about the end of the Human Occupation and the rise of talking animals.
skokiesam
Aug 08, 2008 skokiesam rated it really liked it
Thanks, Vega! I do like this very much. Such a nice blend of comic and novel, and a good dosage of humor to boot! Yay for Bill!
Bobby
Jul 06, 2008 Bobby rated it really liked it
The second part of the Fog Mound trilogy; similar in style and format to the first part and just as good.
Cole Reece
Jul 31, 2009 Cole Reece rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-reads
This book really was a lot worse than the first one. Very confusing and lacked a plot.
Mitchy
Sep 27, 2009 Mitchy rated it liked it
เลมทีสองของชุด Fog mound

เนือหายังไมคอยไปถึงไหนเทาไหรเลย เลมสามจะจบมัยเนีย!
Alaina Sloo
Second book is a delightful mixed text- and graphic novel-format series.
Connie
Apr 24, 2008 Connie rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
This blending of a graphic novel with prose makes for a great story.
Eva
Eva rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Jayden Mahoney
Jayden Mahoney marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
  • Diary of a Mad Brownie
  • Jack Plank Tells Tales
  • The Dead Boys
  • Stuart's Cape
  • Tales from the Odyssey, Part 1 (Trade Bind-up)
  • Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies