Start by marking “Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch (Black Depths #1)” as Want to Read:
Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch (Black Depths #1)

Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch (Black Depths #1)

This is an alternate cover edition for 9781499300154

Death, power, transformation....
When Nessa's dad dies, the last thing she's expecting is to loose everything else too. But when her hair suddenly turns electric red, and her estranged grandma turns up on her doorstep ready to haul her off to an isolated island, that's exactly what happens. In one day, Nessa losses her m
Published March 2016 by Createspace (first published April 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch

Sherry Fundin
Anyone that knows me, knows I love anything to do with our oceans, seas, lakes…water of any kind…and mermaids, so when I saw Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch, I had to have it. The cover had me hooked and the more I read, the more I became involved with Nessa’s life.

The fantasy elements were woven into the human elements so well, I was able to get lost in the pages and become a part of Nessa’s world. The surrounding characters all played an important part and she will learn what it’s like to work
Sasha
Oct 09, 2015 Sasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch
First I would like to state that I received this book through the Goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity and honor in being able to read this book. When I received this book I began reading it at once. I really enjoy the authors writing style. This book was a very interesting read. The authors writing style kept you interested from the first chapter to the very last. There were loads of ac
Maciej
Sep 17, 2015 Maciej rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Joan
Oct 05, 2015 Joan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch is an excellent read. The granddaughter and grandmother are strong female characters but they don't over shadow the male leads. Plenty of action and edge of your seat moments to keep both teen boys and girls reading. There is teenage angst that young adults will relate to and just the right amount of romance. After all who doesn't love a pirate. (or want to be one)
Dan Jackman
Nov 09, 2015 Dan Jackman rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-read
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway.

If my hair suddenly turn red and I found out I was a Sea-Witch, I'm not so sure that I'd be as disappointed as Nessa. An entertaining read, if not quite what I expected. The only criticism I would offer would be the large gaps in the folklore to prepare for the subsequent volumes to follow.
Sarah Maunder
Jan 25, 2016 Sarah Maunder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new magical world at it's finest! I cannot wait for the sequel so I can discover how Nessa and her friends continue on. This book has also inspired me to plan a vacation to Vancouver Island :-)
Shakyra  Dunn
Sep 07, 2016 Shakyra Dunn rated it liked it
“TALES OF A REDHEADED SEA WITCH”
J.E Hunter

I received a copy of this book via YA Bound Book Tour, and was allowed the opportunity to review it!
For my review, I broke this story down into three separate categories: the good, the bad, and the ‘meh’ as a whole. This does not pertain to any sequels, prequels or midquels (if applicable).
Let the games begin!

THE GOOD:
• “All magic comes with a price.” Rumpelstiltskin has definitely said it best, and that is something that I feel most media that involves
TheCosyDragon
Sep 14, 2016 TheCosyDragon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

What Nessa knows won’t hurt her, right? When her father dies, she finds herself causing strange watery issues and then she is packed off to a deserted island with just her crazy grandmother for company.

Nessa is an interesting character with her own mind, and she truly grows throughout the novel. It’s not just plot driven, there is definitely char
John Rafferty
Jun 01, 2016 John Rafferty rated it it was amazing
J.E. Hunter manages to create a magically wonderful world that seems all too real in our current time. Her tale of sea witches, and mermaids, and selkies, and I must mention her unique take on pirates, unfolds gracefully and with a sense of great angst. Her bad guy has a creep factor of ten, before getting even worse. I look forward to reading the next book in the series!
J.E. Hunter
Mar 31, 2016 J.E. Hunter rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Jana
Jana rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
Preeti
Preeti rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Boyko Ovcharov
Boyko Ovcharov rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Courtney Lund
Courtney Lund rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2015
Caval Olson-Lepage
Caval Olson-Lepage rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Apr 11, 2015
Anais919
Anais919 marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Micielle
Micielle marked it as to-read
Clare
Clare marked it as to-read
Nicola Fantom
Nicola Fantom marked it as to-read
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Stella Clarkson
Stella Clarkson marked it as to-read
Pat
Pat marked it as to-read
A. C. H..
A. C. H.. marked it as to-read
SALLY WHITE
SALLY WHITE marked it as to-read
Debbie Kennedy
Debbie Kennedy marked it as to-read
Carol McFarlane
Carol McFarlane marked it as to-read
Evelyn Murray
Evelyn Murray marked it as to-read
James Lick
James Lick marked it as to-read
Amanda Gilliatt
Amanda Gilliatt marked it as to-read
Barbara Summey
Barbara Summey marked it as to-read
Daphne Sanchez
Daphne Sanchez marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Ann Ellis
Ann Ellis marked it as to-read
Cynthia Schwarzer
Cynthia Schwarzer marked it as to-read
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Bmquiram
Bmquiram marked it as to-read
Trica Johnson
Trica Johnson marked it as to-read
Julia Conway
Julia Conway marked it as to-read
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
  • Super Nobody (Alphas and Omegas)
  • The Darkness of Shadows
  • Stage Fright
  • Annwyn's Blood (The Paladin of Shadows Chronicles, #1)
  • Law of the Wolf (The Outlaw King, #2)
  • The Legend of Buddy Hero (The Defenders Saga, #1)
  • Once Upon A Winter
  • Taming Shadows (Revelations #1)
  • Girl in The Glass (The Healer's Shadow #1)
  • The Underlighters
  • The Last to Fall
  • The Secret
  • Mighty Hammer Down
  • Tyrant Trouble
  • Finding Meara (An Adven Realm Adventure, Vol. 1)
  • Daughter of Bathory
  • Emily Dickinson, Superhero - Vol. 1
  • Sea of Dreams (Sea of Dreams, #1)
J. E. Hunter lives in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, and began writing at a young age as an excuse to stay indoors during the cold winters. Several trips to the Pacific coast brought the inspiration for the Black Depths Series. J. E. Hunter has spent many years working in the field of environmental engineering and protection, a common theme in her works. When not reading, writing, or working, J. ...more
More about J.E. Hunter...

Black Depths (5 books)
  • Broken Tide (Black Depths #2)
  • Dark Shores (Black Depths #3)
  • Doomed Seas (Black Depths #4)
  • Twisted Currents (Black Depths #5)