Start by marking “Happy Winter” as Want to Read:
Happy Winter

Happy Winter

4.74 of 5 stars 4.74  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Two sisters find very familiar activities are transformed by the wonder of snowy days.
Published June 1st 1982 by Harpercollins Childrens Books

To ask other readers questions about Happy Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Winter

Kathryn
What a sweet, cozy story! Full of the magic of childhood--a simple story of a snowy day, with young children enjoying pancakes, playing dress-up, making snow angels, baking cake with Mom, reading and writing stories, etc. Filled me with fond memories and a yearning to be five years old again!
Carol
Talking with my daughters yesterday, Rebecca mentioned that she had taken THIS book with her when she moved to the Netherlands with her new husband. Just the mention of it brings back warm memories - Rebecca was the younger sister (blonde), and Beth was (and is) her brunette older sister. This was one of their favorite stories - I can still remember a lot of it, and they are now both close to 30.
Rebecca
This is an old favorite. I'd forgotten I even had a copy, but while sorting through some stuff, I discovered it and couldn't resist giving it a reread. Yep, still a magical, beautiful book! Brings back memories.
Grace52601
Sep 11, 2008 Grace52601 rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
This is one of my all time favorite books. As as child I loved to read this classic story about winter time. And even today, I enjoy reading it to my own kids. It brings back memories of those happy winter days, sledding, baking cookies, playing pretend and just enjoying childhood.
Molly Magro
This book makes me feel all warm and hot cocoa-ish inside, it's wonderfully cozy and snow angel-y and I love the pictures so much. I think the main reason I love winter now is that it made me so happy when I was little. And this book reminds me of why :)
Rahul Chavan
Rahul Chavan marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
lucy by the sea
lucy by the sea marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2012
Marcus
Marcus added it
Dec 20, 2011
Find Cat, Wear Hat Splish Splash Bang Crash! 1 2 3, Play with Me ABC Say with Me Shapes to Show