Start by marking “At First Sight (Love Stories For Young Adults, #32)” as Want to Read:
At First Sight (Love Stories For Young Adults, #32)

At First Sight (Love Stories For Young Adults #32)

Allie Parker is dreading Christmas vacation in Thornhill. She'd rather stay at her boarding school than go home, where she'll have to watch her flaky twin sisters and their superficial friends earn their Ph.D.'s in flirting. So when Allie meets cute Ben Harrington on the way there, things begin to look up.

But Allie's hopes for a winter romance vanish when she discovers tha

Mass Market Paperback, 208 pages
Published October 13th 1998 by Bantam Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about At First Sight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At First Sight

Katie
Sep 09, 2010 Katie rated it really liked it
Oh my gosh! This was my favorite book when I was in junior high!! I admit... I still read it like once a year for old times sake :)
Chachic
December 2014: I really enjoy rereading this during Christmastime.
_____________________

Originally posted here.

I love rereading this book during the holidays because it's a fun read and it's set at Christmastime. Allie has spent most of her school years at Fields School, a boarding school exclusively for girls in Maryland. Her parents travel all over the world for her dad's job so the kids were sent to boarding school for some stability. Once Allie's parents decided to settle in one place for goo
Hurricanekerrie
Nov 25, 2012 Hurricanekerrie rated it it was amazing
If you're ever going to read just ONE teen romance in your lifetime, read this book! I've read this book over and over and over for about 10 years now and it doesn't matter whether you're a teenager or a teen at heart, you're going to fall in love with the characters in this story! I love Allie, Timmy and Ben! For a short book, I felt like the characters were fully fleshed out. There are no throwaway chapters, every single one counts in building the characters, conflicts and plot so you can get ...more
Odette
Nov 24, 2012 Odette rated it it was amazing
I could not love this book more. I read it once every year for over 5 years now. I love it so much. I really recommend it.
★Meghan★
This is one of my favorite books of all time! I think I have read this book at least 4 times.

Allie is a girl who has gone to boarding school her whole life. She is a girl that plays all the sports and is a typical tomboy type. She has two gorgeous twin sisters that know all the ploys to get all the guys. On her way back to her parents for the Christmas holidays she bumps into a hot guy who just so happens to be going to see his father in the same town that her parents recently moved too.

I love
Myra Sullivan
Jan 22, 2011 Myra Sullivan rated it it was ok
I had way too much trouble while reading this book. First of all, I stopped several times in between and forgot about it because I was completely immersed in fanfiction. (I love fanfiction. :D) As a result, I had to pick it up again and try to remember where I was and exactly what was going on. The other thing is that the characters seem sort of two-dimensional, the plot is underdeveloped, and the writing is very very simple. I think once you've read one of the "Love Stories" books, you've read ...more
Mai Lien Nguyen
Oct 15, 2012 Mai Lien Nguyen rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, teenager
Giang sinh hoăc Giao thưa năm nao cung năm đoc lai cuôn nay.
Truyên rât thich hơp vơi cac em tuôi "teen", thê ma lân nao đoc lai du đa không con teen ma minh vân thich :D
Trong bô Love stories gôm 6 cuôn đa xuât ban mơi đoc đươc 5 cuôn thi cuôn nay vân la thich nhât :D

Vanessa Torres
“At First Sight” is about a girl name Allie Parker who is looking to find herself. Allie wishes she can be as gorgeous as her twin sisters. Until, she meets a guy name Ben. Ben doesn’t know who her sisters are but once he finds out, nothing changes. I recommend this book to people who like to read romance. I really enjoyed this book.
Devon
Sep 03, 2008 Devon rated it really liked it
This is a great book. Most people would classify this as a romance, but i don't agree. It's the classic teen story, the one where two people are insanely in love with the other, but neither thinks the other loves them back. Kind of pathetic, i think. But it was an overall good book.
Ellie
Dec 01, 2009 Ellie rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen
I read this book when I was maybe 12. LOVED IT! I actually own it - the only book of it's kind that I owned for a long time ... and I would hide it so my brothers wouldn't find it. If that is not the DEFINITION of a guilty pleasure, I don't know what is.
Amanda
Dec 27, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I can't tell you how many times I've read it. It's short and sweet. It's a classic love story. I love all of the books in this series! Read it!
Dallas Sullivan
May 25, 2012 Dallas Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 12-15 year old
I just loved this book when I was young. It is a great romance, well written, awesome characters. Cheesy in such a good way!
Krissy Stoeger
Aug 24, 2015 Krissy Stoeger rated it liked it
okay - i might read again

I recently re-read this book. I loved it when I was in high school, but the appeal has faded for me. It's a little cheezy and the teens are a litttle silly.
Natasha
Jun 24, 2015 Natasha rated it liked it
Shelves: library
Another favorite cheesy teen romance.
I was a bit annoyed by how soap opera the drama felt but it was a lovely read either way.
Perfect way to end a hard day.
usui takumi
usui takumi rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2015
Avidread
Avidread rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2011
Thuy Duong
Thuy Duong rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2013
My Trà
My Trà rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Laura K
Laura K rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Olivia
Olivia rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2012
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2015
Milady Adler
Milady Adler rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Becky Johnson
Becky Johnson rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2015
Sarah Castillo
Sarah Castillo rated it did not like it
May 16, 2013
Styles
Styles rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2014
Carissa
Carissa rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2009
Darcy Stewart
Darcy Stewart rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2012
Trish
Trish rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2013
  • Kiss and Tell (Love Stories For Young Adults, #29)
  • Our Secret Love (Love Stories For Young Adults, #26)
  • How to Kiss a Guy (Love Stories For Young Adults, #3)
  • Who Do You Love? (Love Stories For Young Adults, #13)
  • Some Girls Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #11)
  • More Than a Friend (Love Stories For Young Adults, #7)
  • Falling for Ryan (Love Stories For Young Adults, #30)
  • Rome: Antonio & Carrie (Love Stories For Young Adults, #50)
  • A Kiss Between Friends (Love Stories For Young Adults, #22)
  • It Had to Be You (Love Stories For Young Adults, #10)
  • Love Changes Everything (Love Stories For Young Adults, #6)
  • Sharing Sam
  • My First Love (Love Stories For Young Adults, #1)
  • Home at Rose Cottage: Three Down the Aisle\What's Cooking? (Rose Cottage Sisters #1-2)
  • Never Tell Ben (Love Stories For Young Adults, #15)
  • The Day I Met Him
Elizabeth Chandler is a pseudonym for Mary-Claire Helldorfer. She currently lives in Baltimore, Maryland.
More about Elizabeth Chandler...

Love Stories For Young Adults (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • My First Love (Love Stories For Young Adults, #1)
  • Sharing Sam
  • How to Kiss a Guy (Love Stories For Young Adults, #3)
  • The Boy Next Door (Love Stories For Young Adults, #4)
  • The Day I Met Him
  • Love Changes Everything (Love Stories For Young Adults, #6)
  • More Than a Friend (Love Stories For Young Adults, #7)
  • The Language of Love (Love Stories For Young Adults, #8)
  • My So-Called Boyfriend (Love Stories For Young Adults, #9)
  • It Had to Be You (Love Stories For Young Adults, #10)