Witches

Witches

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  17 reviews
WHITE MAGIC
Amanda Givens uses her powers with great care. The people of Canaan, Connecticut would not welcome a witch among them even a white witch a "good" witch. For years, she has lived quietly in a remote cabin with Amadeus, her feline familiar. Bit when an evil coven filled with creatures from the depths of hell torments Canaan with unspeakable horrors and brutal slay...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Damnation Books (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Witches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witches

Kathryn
Aug 05, 2011 Kathryn added it  ·  (Review from the author)
WITCHES wins Coffee Time Romance Review's CTRR Award
May 1, 2011
FROM COFFEE TIME ROMANCE REVIEWS

Witches by Kathryn Meyer Griffith *wins CTRR Award from Coffee Time Romance and More Reviews*
Written on May 1, 2011 by Kimberly in CTRR Award

Kathryn Meyer Griffith is a name that is probably familiar with most readers. She has been writing for 39 years and has been published for 26 of those. Kathryn has fourteen novels an...more
Su Halfwerk
Amanda is a powerful white witch and a good-hearted woman who has lost the love of her life. She struggles with her grief even as a black witch, Satan’s favorite, plots against her. The black witch has her eyes on Amanda and her evil plan can change history and doom everyone. The first part of the book is Amanda’s back story, who she was and how she came to be where she was.

I loved the vividly drawn scenes be it at Amanda’s place, Jessie’s, or Rachel’s. I chose these three places because they a...more
Arlena
Author: Kathryn Meyer Griffith
Published By: Damination Books
Age Recommend: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Raven Rating: 5

Review:

"Witches" by Kathryn Meyer Griffith was quite some new read for me and I enjoyed this paranormal read. Be ready for some horror, mystery and a little bit of romance to see how Ms. Griffith well cover the storytelling in "Witches."

There was two witches...a good witch who was Amanda Givens..white witch in that used her powers for only good living in a cabin in the wood of...more
Seriously Reviewed

This book is not only about about withes, good or evil. It is much, much more. With a cast of wonderful characters, this paranormal read will keep you on the edge of your seat and guessing until the very last page. It is a very sweet story about witches that could change even the most cynical's mind.

Amanda, a white magic witch has rarely used her powers in recent years. Especially in public. She knows the rules. Every spell costs a price. Big or small. Pub...more
Sarah-Fae Graham
Audio book & ebook review. I was given a free copy in return for an honest account of my reading experience.

I don't usually listen to audio books, though I do have some. I enjoyed listening to this book. The narrator read it well with only a few instances where the narration felt broken up. For example, sentences saying something that ends in "too", but it read more like there was a pause between the sentence & "too". Still, I really liked this book.

I read along with the audio book fir...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Are witches still persecuted in modern times? If you live in a small town where crazy things have been happening and the towns people suspect that you might be a witch, the answer could be yes. In this book, we are shown what it could be like for modern day witches, even good ones, when things go bad. Then, the author flips the coin, taking us to the past and showing us what it was like during historic times when the witch hysteria was in full swing.

We are also shown the difference between good...more
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
The following review is my opinion and not a paid review. I was given a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Amanda Givens is a witch a white witch who lives in the twenty first century and only uses her powers for good. She is a very loving and caring person. She will help anyone she can in any way that she is capable of helping them. She will only use her powers when absolutely necessary and in ways that no one will know what she is doing. Amanda lives alone in a cabin o...more
Mareena
Feb 21, 2012 Mareena rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes horror
Recommended to Mareena by: Paperback Swap
For my #10 challenge (Reader's Choice), I read Witches by Kathryn Meyer Griffith. Amanda Givens is a white witch - a witch who uses her powers for good. She lives alone in a cabin in the woods of Canaan, Connecticut with her feline familiar, Amadeus. When Amanda is wrongly blamed for a rash of ritualistic murders committed by a Satanic cult, she is inevitably drawn back in time by the ghost of Rachel Coxe, a dark witch who was drowned for practicing black magic in the 17th century.

Now, as Amanda...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
I could hardly wait to delve into the pages of this book when it arrived on my desk. With a blend of horror, mystery and a touch of romance, I found myself engulfed within the covers of Witches. Ms. Griffith writes in such a way that the reader is able to use all of their senses as they read. The descriptions leap off the page and wrap around the readers mind. Amanda is such an easy character to relate to. Even Rachel, with her black magic and dark side, is relatable on certain levels. This is a...more
Toni
A tense tale—flashing between centuries and contrasting each sister’s actions as they strive to one more reach each other. The discovery that Joshua will one day become Jake is a nice touch on the reincarnation theory—having it happen in reverse. The addition of Tutuba and Amadeus—one a smart-mouthed little mouse, the other a blue Maltese who’s at least 34, if not older—gives the story a welcome bit of comic relief.

Well-written and characterized, this is a tale of sisterly love, the love between...more
Emily
Fresh out of high school, I lost it on a trip to the Bahamas. I hope who ever found it in the airport enjoyed reading it as much as I did. Many years later, I was able to find a replacement copy via amazon store front and oh man I enjoyed re-reading it. I will make sure to keep this copy safe!
April
It was great! The ending was very good, answered all my questions about what was going on. I feel so releaved that ever thing worked out the way it did. Thank you Kathryn Meyer Griffith, for letting this book exist!
Justine Middleton
I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy read, but really captivating and exciting. The characters were interesting and well developed. It would make a great beach read.
Sheri White
Very enjoyable story. Review to come at Rise Reviews in the next few days.
Tasula
Witches in modern and "burning" times, love, evil and sacrifice.
Babs
Review to come later
Ashley
This was a great book!
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Zoech
Zoech marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Tracy-ann
Tracy-ann marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Kammie De lathouder
Kammie De lathouder marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Missconcupiscible
Missconcupiscible marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Izette
Izette marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Laura Dogsmom
Laura Dogsmom marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Tea
Tea marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
A writer with TWENTY published books, 2 novellas and twelve short stories.

JUST OUT!!!!My NEWEST: DINOSAUR LAKE II: Dinosaurs Arising (sequel to Dinosaur Lake, a 2014 EPIC EBBOK AWARDS *FINALIST* in their Suspense/Thriller category)
DLII:Dinosaurs Arising photo DinosaurLakeII_Kindle_zpsc2f68c16.jpg

My new revised ALL THINGS SLIP AWAY (sequel to SCRAPS OF PAPER)
All Things Slip Away by Kathryn Meyer Griffith photo AllThingsSlipAway_Kindle_zps9b7323a7.jpg
My newest ones at Amazon Kindle Direct, a vampire novel, Human No Longer and my murder mystery SCRAPS...more
More about Kathryn Meyer Griffith...
Dinosaur Lake  (once titled Predator) Scraps of Paper-Revised Author’s Edition Human No Longer Evil Stalks the Night The Last Vampire - Revised Author's Edition