Start by marking “Dancing The Dream” as Want to Read:
Dancing The Dream

Dancing The Dream

4.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  632 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
The pop superstar presents a collection of twenty inspirational poems and twenty essays that discuss such issues as world hunger, homeless children, and the need for world peace. 150,000 first printing. $150,000 ad/promo.
Published July 1st 1992 by Doubleday (first published June 1st 1992)

Elise
Feb 03, 2011 Elise rated it it was amazing
In some cases to understand a person, it is best to read their writing. This is definitely true of Dancing the Dream. I think no book could better represent Michael Jackson's inner world than this one. No better book indeed, than one written in his own words, by his own hand. The content contained within is beautiful and mesmerizing and inspirational. He is a true genius in every sense of the word.
Coen
I read this book on my spare time, whenever I need some encouragement or inspiration, or simply a dose of love. Michael's words are magic and they never fail to lift me up.
Darren Shoneye
Oct 31, 2012 Darren Shoneye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dancing The Dream by Michael Jackson is the most divine, beatific collection of poetry that I have ever read. This book is perfect for reading to children because the poetry is caring, powerful and perennial. Some of my favourite poems are Planet Earth and Child Of Innocence.

Child Of Innocence speaks about the purity and exclusive nature of childhood. It really places emphasis on the significance of enjoying the blissfulness of youth, and the importance of letting children be children. This poe
Julia
Apr 21, 2012 Julia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michael is a creative genius and a VERY VERY LOVING PERSON. Rest in peace dear Michael, you are the king of our hearts... those who can feel your light will always love and remember you... heal the world ))) you are still doing it, Mike! Lots of LOVE and GRATITUDE...R.I.P MJ is The Sweetest, The Nicest Man Who Ever Walked On This ' Earth The love he has for the children, and everyone is just amazing! You'll always be remembered Michael, RIP! AND NO ONE CAN EVER TAKE YOUR PLACE NOT NO ONE IN THIS ...more
Melanie
Jun 29, 2009 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am DEEPLY DEEPLY DEEPLY saddened over the loss of Michael Jackson. His music, videos, etc.. brought me a lot of joy. I remember reading this book years ago and loved it. The poetry is so beautiful. RIP MJ. Your music and icon status will live on forever!!
Maria
Nov 28, 2010 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most intimate emotions of Michael, the most beautiful photos. One of the best books ever for those who love Michael.
Christy
Apr 05, 2011 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in sometime that I sat down and read in its entirety in just a few hrs. Another beautiful book by Michael Jackson himself. This contains pictures, paintings, poems, and person writings. The writings and illustrations are beautiful by the true and beautiful genius himself. He wanted to make and positive impact and that he did. This is a must for any fan.This is 2nd ever book...
Selena Richie
Aug 11, 2009 Selena Richie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
R.I.P. Michael Jackson.
You will truly be missed.
Muchos Amore'

Michael Jackson Comments
Kalin
Feb 11, 2015 Kalin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is purity.

There's part of me--the style-savvy, street-smart part--that itches to grin wryly and drop a smug comment about the literature in this book, or lack thereof.

But I can't.

I can't narrow myself to judging a message by its shape, after I read, am reminded, about "Wings without Me." After I look at the eyes of a baby seal, through these eyes, back at myself, at all of life--that cannot be killed, even as someone kills someone else. After I see yet another reason, piece of the puzzle, w
Sade1910
Excellent book..highly recommended...=D

Katrina Morris
Nov 23, 2009 Katrina Morris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, beautiful writings. Poetry, lyrics and essays that will make you think, and rethink. I loved it and have read it more than once. It's also nice because it can just be flipped though rather than read cover to cover if you are in that kind of mood.
Jeanettedianne
Feb 07, 2010 Jeanettedianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written by a true genius...all about his thoughts about nature, short stories, and poems. Gives you a rare glimpse as to how such a talented man thought.
Brianna
Oct 09, 2009 Brianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I learn Michael jackson was born aug 29 1958 and june 25 2009.
Corbett
Dec 28, 2008 Corbett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: explore
Interesting poetry. I am not into poetry but I liked this.
Ira
beautiful poerty, worth reading
Brianna
Oct 20, 2009 Brianna rated it it was amazing
Mj was trying to save kids.
Adele
Sep 02, 2013 Adele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was perfect for me . I was ( and I'm still ) fan of Michael Jackson. In the book, I find the truth of Michael mind. His poems were very heartfelt. Poems were mostly about the world and that is the way I really like it. Photos in the book get more of my affection too.
Read this book is the caress of soul. I think,everybody will have to read this, if you are his fan,or you are not.
Greta Timaitė
To me it’s extremely complicated to assess an autobiographical piece of writing, especially when I can feel sincerity, heartfelt approach to the reader. Nevertheless, I try to be as objective as possible and critically evaluate the text while having in mind what feeling it caused. Feelings may be a part of the evaluation, right?
I’m not going to comment simplicity/complexity of M.J. poems and essays but what I’m going to emphasize is its frankness. The book characterizes M.J. massively well: conc
Linh Ngo
Aug 05, 2010 Linh Ngo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone whether they are Michael's fans or not
Beautiful beyond expectation. Michael Jackson's poems and reflections regarding his personal view of the world around. Most of the poems and reflections are about love, trust, faith, children and planet Earth. He is definitely one of the finest people that ever walk the planet. Michael, you will be in my heart and soul forever.
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
Like him or not one thing that is very true about Michael Jackson is that he was a very talented human being. I loved this collection of poems he wrote.... Very touching!
Becky Boylett
its easy and quick to read, it lets you take a small glimpse of the man himself, his visons on love, dancing, the world, animals and so on ....i enjoyed it
Kerriann hogan
I can't wait to read this book. He was and always will be the BEST! I love you MJ!!!!
Dankha Fiennes H
All poems by michael jackson! just so sweet and tender...love it!
Diana
Oct 13, 2014 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: michael-jackson
This is the most amazing book i've ever read
Anniemichaeljackson
SIMPLY THE BEST! I LOVE YOU MICHAEL!
Jayla Fuller
Sep 24, 2009 Jayla Fuller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
haven't read it
Nada
"Once there was a child and he was free
Deep inside, he felt the laughter
The mirth and play of nature's glee
Beauty, love was all he'd see

He knew his power was the power of God
He was so sure, they considered him odd
This power of innocence, of compassion, of light
Threatened the priests and created a fight
In endless ways they sought to dismantle
This mysterious force which they could not handle

In endless ways they tried to destroy
His simple trust, his boundless joy
His invincible armor was a shield o
Marsten
Jul 31, 2011 Marsten rated it it was amazing
- Un llibre i una faceta segurament gens conegut d’ell que sorprendrà a propis i a estranys per la seva sensibilitat, la forta espiritualitat en que entén tot el que l’envolta i per què no dir-ho, cert talent com a narador...
- Crec que no s’ha traduït mai al castellà i quasi millor que hagi estat així doncs les poesies perdrien part de la seva originalitat (en el sentit del contingut i les rimes). El que es pugui perdre al llegir-les en angles (quan un no el domini a la perfecció) és guanya en a
Stranger In Moscow
Quando si ha un particolare interesse per un autore della letteratura o un artista qualsiasi, non c'è cosa migliore che procurarsi quanto dal loro stesso lavoro è stato affidato al pubblico. I miei complimenti, dunque, all'Editore per aver dato alle stampe un libro che contiene scritti di Michael Jackson e non esclusivamente scritti, saggi, interventi di svariato genere su Michael Jackson, tendenza, purtroppo generale dalla data di morte del cantante e portatrice, almeno per quanto mi riguarda, ...more
Elizabeth Amisu
Apr 21, 2014 Elizabeth Amisu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't even know 'Dancing the Dream' existed until this year. I thought Moonwalk was the only book Michael ever wrote. It is a touching and brilliant read, which really showcased Michael's talents as a poet. So many of the stories and the quotes are incredibly beautiful and well-written and it's clear to see how Michael became such a profound lyricist. I can only imagine what he would have gone on to write if he hadn't been so intensely troubled by the 1993 allegations.
  • Michael Jackson Conspiracy
  • Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days
  • Defending a King His Life & Legacy
  • My Friend Michael: Growing Up With The King Of Pop
  • Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson
  • Living with the Dead: Twenty Years on the Bus with Garcia and the Grateful Dead
  • Life Beyond Measure: Letters to My Great-Granddaughter
  • Ayrton Senna: The Whole Story
  • The Death of Ayrton Senna
  • The Life Of Senna
Michael Joseph Jackson, often referred to as The King of Pop or MJ is an American musician and entertainer.

The seventh child of the Jackson family, Michael Jackson debuted on the professional music scene at the age of eleven as a member of the Jackson 5, and went on to beco
More about Michael Jackson...

“Sometimes the heart is so heavy that we turn away from it and forget that its throbbing is the wisest message of life, a wordless message that says, "Live, be, move, rejoice -- you are alive!" Without the heart's wise rhythm, we could not exist.” 156 likes
“When I step out on stage in front of thousands of people, I don't feel that I'm being brave. It can take much more courage to express true feelings to one person. [...] In spite of the risks, the courage to be honest and intimate opens the way to self-discovery. It offers what we all want, the promise of love. ” 148 likes