Blue Moon

Blue Moon

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  735 ratings  ·  25 reviews
The moving novel of a family that discovers the everyday magic of life and the extraordinary power of love.
Published July 1st 1994 by Bantam (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Moon

The Edge of Winter by Luanne RiceDance With Me by Luanne RiceBlue Moon by Luanne RiceHome Fires by Luanne RiceThe Perfect Summer by Luanne Rice
Best of Luanne Rice
3rd out of 31 books — 3 voters
Little Women by Louisa May AlcottThe Cider House Rules by John IrvingThe Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel HawthorneA Prayer for Owen Meany by John IrvingThe Crucible by Arthur Miller
New England Books
348th out of 414 books — 211 voters

More lists with this book...

Susan
This takes place in RI around the Mount Hope area, four generations of a family who have a restaurant and fishing boats on the water. This story was mainly about the youngest daughter of one of the family's, she lost her hearing as a small child and they have to deal with her deafness. There is some exciting boating adventures, etc--good story, keeps you wanting to turn to the next chapter.
Rebecca Berry mccrory
Got about 6 chapters in and it didn't hook me
Donna
Just loved it.
Kailey Fuerstenberg
I actually didn't read this sooooooooooooooooooooooo
Daisy
Don't read this book. The main plot was actually okay, but there were several subplots that weren't well-developed and therefore were just distracting. There were also a few of what can only be described as gratuitous sex scenes, as they had absolutely nothing to do with the plot as a whole.
Rachel
This was an interesting novel once the story truly got started, and the characters were well developed, but there were some raunchy scenes in the novel that didn't even add anything to the plot--they were just random and unnecessary. So, I liked the novel, but it wasn't great.
Susann Palumbo
This was a pleasant book - about sisters, families, relationships, marriage and handling what life gives you. I didn't LOVE it, but I didn't hate it either. But I thought the ending could have been better.
Angie
I give this book 2 stars, but I'd give chapter 17, a story in itself, 4 stars. Chapter 17 is very good, about a girl with a pimple in the 20s. (Really it'll stick in your head).
Marianne
I Don't know why, but for some reason I had a tough time getting into this book. I usually like readint this author. Book had its moments, but overall, luke warm.
Tamara
This book has a deaf character in it...pretty realistic perspective of a hearing family struggling to aquire language for their deaf child among other storylines.
Jeanne Corcoran
I am a fan of Luanne Rice. Her books are centered around family, always interesting and foster family values. A good alternative to mystery or action books
Suzy Black
Another book whose ending made my hair stand on end - the book could be a little slow in places, but overall, I loved it.
Nancy
Great story...at the beginning you have to sort out all the characters and family members but once you do your in for a treat.
Dawn
May 05, 2009 Dawn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good family story.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read all of Luanne Rice's books.
Moving family story that I enjoyed very much. One of my favorites by Luanne Rice.
Tina
Just started as our next Book Club pick. I like it so far - good character development
Bmfinn1008
Sep 20, 2008 Bmfinn1008 marked it as to-read
I haven't read any of her books but my sister recommended this author.
Marcia
Dec 18, 2013 Marcia marked it as dnf
Shelves: fiction, kindle, library
It usually takes a lot for me not to finish a book. This time, not so much.
Erin
Sweet story about life long friends who find each other again.
Pastfinder
I stopped reading this book due to the X rated material.
Samantha
This was ok book...great story about family.
Julie
Slight step above pool-side fluff. Barely.
Book was slow but I liked the end
Betty Slowinski
Good book.
Barbara
Great summer read.
Carole
Carole marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Nithyasree
Nithyasree marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Kathi Klann
Kathi Klann marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Mary Harrington
Mary Harrington marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
  • Lake News
  • Lady Luck's Map of Vegas
  • Belonging
  • Keepsake
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Abandon (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #6)
  • The Coming Home Place
  • Barely A Bride (Free Fellows League, #1)
  • Sacred Ground
  • The Handyman
  • Home Song
  • Gonzalez and Daughter Trucking Co.: A Road Novel with Literary License
Luanne Rice is the New York Times bestselling author of thirty-one novels including THE LEMON ORCHARD (Viking/Pamela Dorman Books.) Five of her books have been made into movies and mini-series, many have been New York Times bestsellers and two of her pieces have been featured in off-Broadway theatre productions. She divides her time between New York City and the Connecticut shoreline.
More about Luanne Rice...
Beach Girls Follow the Stars Home Firefly Beach The Geometry of Sisters (Newport, Rhode Island, #1) Cloud Nine