Start by marking “Blue Moon” as Want to Read:
Blue Moon

Blue Moon

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  828 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
The moving novel of a family that discovers the everyday magic of life and the extraordinary power of love.
Published July 1st 1994 by Bantam (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Moon

The Edge of Winter by Luanne RiceDance With Me by Luanne RiceBlue Moon by Luanne RiceHome Fires by Luanne RiceThe Perfect Summer by Luanne Rice
Best of Luanne Rice
3rd out of 35 books — 8 voters
Deep Blue by Jules BarnardBlueprint for a Kiss by Nancy WarrenTwice in a Blue Moon by Cate MastersThe blue lagoon by Henry de Vere StacpooleAt Bluebonnet Lake by Amanda Cabot
Romance Novels with Blue in the Title
35th out of 101 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie Barrett
Mar 20, 2015 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
Blue Moon by Luanne Rice
Lobsterville restaurant is run by the 3 sisters, fighting to keep it together.
Nora is in love, Bonnie with 2 kids wants to spread her wings and Cass is the spark.
Cass is married and they have a daughter with a disability that is taking a lot out of them, Josie.
Teens growing up, discovering Satan and sex and trying to fit in. Adults trying to live the best life they can, getting through troubles with one another and work.
Love talk of loberstering, boats and the fishing tow
Susan Barrett
Aug 13, 2009 Susan Barrett rated it really liked it
This takes place in RI around the Mount Hope area, four generations of a family who have a restaurant and fishing boats on the water. This story was mainly about the youngest daughter of one of the family's, she lost her hearing as a small child and they have to deal with her deafness. There is some exciting boating adventures, etc--good story, keeps you wanting to turn to the next chapter.
lynn
Jul 28, 2015 lynn rated it liked it
Typical beach read! About a family who live on the Rhode Island seashore, run a wharf and restaurant a fishing fleet. Parents and descendants have stayed in the area and the business. The story is about their lives and the impact the family and business have on each of them.
Rebecca Berry mccrory
Aug 10, 2014 Rebecca Berry mccrory rated it did not like it
Got about 6 chapters in and it didn't hook me
Donna
Aug 20, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing
Just loved it.
Alice
Nov 22, 2014 Alice rated it really liked it
Treasure, adventure and romance.... Great book!
Kailey Fuerstenberg
I actually didn't read this sooooooooooooooooooooooo
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Jan 20, 2015 Kris - My Novelesque Life rated it really liked it
4 STARS

"Cass's passionate marriage to Billy has suddenly become stormy, and now, finding her loyalties tested, she must struggle to hold their love together in the face of tragic crisis." (From Amazon)

I read this novel after watching the tv movie based on the book. I love the characters and mystery.
Daisy
Sep 05, 2008 Daisy rated it did not like it
Don't read this book. The main plot was actually okay, but there were several subplots that weren't well-developed and therefore were just distracting. There were also a few of what can only be described as gratuitous sex scenes, as they had absolutely nothing to do with the plot as a whole.
Rachel
Oct 14, 2013 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting novel once the story truly got started, and the characters were well developed, but there were some raunchy scenes in the novel that didn't even add anything to the plot--they were just random and unnecessary. So, I liked the novel, but it wasn't great.
Susann Palumbo
Jun 25, 2008 Susann Palumbo rated it liked it
This was a pleasant book - about sisters, families, relationships, marriage and handling what life gives you. I didn't LOVE it, but I didn't hate it either. But I thought the ending could have been better.
Angie
I give this book 2 stars, but I'd give chapter 17, a story in itself, 4 stars. Chapter 17 is very good, about a girl with a pimple in the 20s. (Really it'll stick in your head).
Marianne
Mar 27, 2012 Marianne rated it it was ok
I Don't know why, but for some reason I had a tough time getting into this book. I usually like readint this author. Book had its moments, but overall, luke warm.
Tamara
Oct 09, 2008 Tamara rated it really liked it
This book has a deaf character in it...pretty realistic perspective of a hearing family struggling to aquire language for their deaf child among other storylines.
Jeanne Corcoran
Jul 30, 2008 Jeanne Corcoran rated it liked it
I am a fan of Luanne Rice. Her books are centered around family, always interesting and foster family values. A good alternative to mystery or action books
Suzy Black
Jan 04, 2009 Suzy Black rated it it was amazing
Another book whose ending made my hair stand on end - the book could be a little slow in places, but overall, I loved it.
Nancy
Dec 28, 2013 Nancy rated it really liked it
Great story...at the beginning you have to sort out all the characters and family members but once you do your in for a treat.
Dawn
May 05, 2009 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good family story.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read all of Luanne Rice's books.
Moving family story that I enjoyed very much. One of my favorites by Luanne Rice.
Tina
Jul 06, 2009 Tina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-club
Just started as our next Book Club pick. I like it so far - good character development
Bmfinn1008
Sep 20, 2008 Bmfinn1008 marked it as to-read
I haven't read any of her books but my sister recommended this author.
Marcia
Dec 18, 2013 Marcia marked it as dnf
Shelves: fiction, kindle, library
It usually takes a lot for me not to finish a book. This time, not so much.
Erin
Jun 07, 2008 Erin rated it really liked it
Sweet story about life long friends who find each other again.
Pastfinder
Oct 03, 2012 Pastfinder rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I stopped reading this book due to the X rated material.
Samantha
Dec 19, 2008 Samantha rated it liked it
This was ok book...great story about family.
Julie
Jun 17, 2011 Julie rated it it was ok
Slight step above pool-side fluff. Barely.
Ayny
Apr 12, 2015 Ayny rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars,
candidly written.
Nov 29, 2012 Laura rated it it was ok
Book was slow but I liked the end
Betty Slowinski
Good book.
Barbara
Jul 21, 2009 Barbara rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008
Great summer read.
Jaye
Jaye marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
  • Northern Lights
  • Tides of Hope (Lighthouse Lane, #1)
  • A Woman Betrayed
  • On Tall Pine Lake
  • Hooked (Romance on the Edge, #2)
  • Christmas on Conrad Street (Misty Harbor, #2)
  • The Coming Home Place
  • The People's Choice: A Novel
  • Shelter Island (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • Always You
  • The Divine Ryans
  • Mending the Line (Golden Rule Outfitters #1)
  • Belonging
Luanne Rice is the New York Times bestselling author of thirty-one novels including THE LEMON ORCHARD. Five of her books have been made into movies and mini-series, many have been New York Times bestsellers and two of her pieces have been featured in off-Broadway theatre productions. She divides her time between New York City and the Connecticut shoreline.
More about Luanne Rice...