Start by marking “His Scandal (His Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Scandal (His Trilogy, #2)

His Scandal (His Trilogy #2)

Taming a Rogue

Lady Emmeline Prescott is shocked when Sir Alexander Thornton, the most incorrigible scoundrel in England, suddenly notices she even exists—and starts flirting with her! The dashing cad has a well-earned reputation for carousing that brings a blush to her cheeks, but more distressing still I is the unwanted desire he arouses in her!

To win a wager, Alex must w
Published (first published April 30th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about His Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Scandal

Maura
Nancy
Oct 06, 2008 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Sir Alexander Thornton is sorry the minute he makes a wager with his best friend as to who will kiss a maiden first. Alex’s chosen target is the lovely Lady Blythe, but her stern older sister Emmeline stands in his way. How can he get past this spinster chaperone, especially when she’s the one who captures his heart?
Karyn Gerrard
Aug 13, 2012 Karyn Gerrard rated it really liked it
Picked this up for 2.26 on Amazon Kindle (temporary sale price) takes place in the late 1500's, time of Queen Elizabeth, though it felt more like a Regency in tone. Entertaining and moved at a fast clip, and Alex Thornton is a hot hero with many intriguing layers. Hey, I even liked the heroine for once! A very good read.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Love this series!! Emmeline is quite taken with Alex from the first time she sees him and vice versa. He is there to steal a kiss from her younger sister, but Emmeline feels like forever to the rogue. Winning her isn't easy, but in the end they both win. Great read!!
Ebony Morton
Jun 10, 2013 Ebony Morton rated it really liked it
It was a great read.
Juliana Philippa
An enjoyable light read; starts off prosaic and lacking spark but *quickly* improves!

[1588, England:] This book is the second in Gayle Callen's "His" series; Book 1 is His Betrothed, which features Viscount Spencer Thornton (the brother of this book's hero, Sir Alexander Thornton) and Book 3 is His Bride, whose hero is Sir Edmund Blackwell, Alex's best friend. I have not read the first book but was easily able to follow the plot, so it's not a problem if you read the series out of order.

I read H
❀ ℓu-ℓu-ℓuna ❀
Re-Review: Sir Alexander Thornton where can I find a guy like you in our world today??? I mean, you've been a really really bad, bad boy! LOL.. Well this second book of Gayle Callen's His series is very, very cool!

The story goes...Alex Thornton is your average rake. Due to a wager he must get a kiss from a maiden. Not so hard but it IS difficult for her chaperone and sister is no other than the uptight miss, Lady Emmeline. Alex must win the wager, he must get the kiss and he must escape Emmeline
Lori
Aug 29, 2012 Lori rated it liked it
I enjoy Callen's books. And normally I'm.amazingly forgiving when it comes to historicals. But I had to wonder. The book theoretically takes place in 1588, but it reads exactly like Callen's regencies. If I pretend it was 1829 instead of 1587 then this book gets a 4, just cuz I liked the story itself. But in context? WTH? Definity no 16th century setting or characters.
Imania Margria
May 22, 2016 Imania Margria rated it really liked it
Sensual, romantic, and enticing
penelopewanders
Wow, even I noticed the historical errors. Very light stuff.
Pamela
Feb 13, 2012 Pamela rated it liked it
Rated 3.5
Helga Kertész
Helga Kertész rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Melody
Melody rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2014
Loren
Loren rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Priscilla
Priscilla rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2013
Angie Fournier
Angie Fournier rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
amanda hadley
amanda hadley rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2012
Kara
Kara rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2012
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2008
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2013
Silvermist
Silvermist rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2013
Hazi
Hazi rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2010
Lorka
Lorka rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2013
Stephanie Tatara
Stephanie Tatara rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2012
Deanna Anderson
Deanna Anderson rated it really liked it
May 31, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2014
Falak Vora
Falak Vora rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Ps46
Ps46 rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2012
Darlene Daniel
Darlene Daniel rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2011
Miriam
Miriam rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Seduction of a Duke (Chambers Trilogy, #2)
  • Once a Gentleman (Ladies' Fashionable Cabinet, #3)
  • Courting Claudia
  • Tainted By Temptation
  • Gentlemen Behaving Badly (Pleasure Emporium, #2)
  • Unveiled (Ashton/Rosemoor, #2)
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • Simply Scandalous
  • My Fair Lord
  • The Portrait
  • The Rake and the Wallflower
  • Miss Winthorpe's Elopement (Belston & Friends #1)
  • Rules of Engagement (Featherton Sisters, #1)
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)
  • Marrying The Royal Marine (Channel Fleet, #3)
  • The Earl's Dilemma
  • The Fortune Hunter (Lord Rival, #2)
  • Her Officer and Gentleman (Just Ask Reeves, #2)
USA Today Bestselling author Gayle Callen writes historical romances for Avon Books. Her twenty-second novel, The Wrong Bride, was published in November 2015.

Gayle’s novels have won the Holt Medallion, the Laurel Wreath Award, the Booksellers’ Best Award, and finaled in the National Readers Choice Awards. She was a nominee for RT Book Reviews Magazine’s Reviewers’ Choice Award. Her books have bee
More about Gayle Callen...

His Trilogy (3 books)