Start by marking “Johnny Boo: Twinkle Power” as Want to Read:
Johnny Boo: Twinkle Power

Johnny Boo: Twinkle Power (Johnny Boo #2)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Johnny Boo has "boo" power and his pet ghost Squiggle has "squiggle" power. But which is better? And might there be a power that is greater than them both? Wiggle power? Giggle power? Squiggle goes on a quest to learn the secret of twinkle power from the twinkling stars, but doesn't have much luck. Instead, a strange and hilarious secret is discovered about Johnny Boo's ha ...more
Published February 18th 2009 by Top Shelf Productions (first published December 29th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Johnny Boo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Johnny Boo

Caleb
I think all of you children's libriarian types should read this. (And the first one, "Best Little Ghost in the World," too).

Review here:
Lori Redman
There's not much to say about Johnny Boo: Twinkle Power except that Johnny Boo is adorable (and he knows it) and his loyal best friend Squiggle is, too. They try to learn each other's powers of "Boo" and "Squiggle" and goofiness ensues. I'm pretty sure the Ice Cream Monster's "wiggle butt" will have kids rolling on the floor, not to mention Johnny Boo and Squiggle's silly banter. Not my favorite children's story, but an interesting introduction to graphic novels at a young age.
Natalie
As a fan of Kochalka's American Elf strip, I thought I would try out his work geared towards kids but feared a lack of substance. I presumed correctly. Running away from the Ice Cream Monster's butt was the only sugar buzz that Johnny Boo offered.
Cory
I'm in love with Johnny Boo. He's laugh out loud funny in parts, just the right amount of absurdity for kids (of all ages) and a pretty great way to start conversations about emotions with even very young children. I know there's more Johnny Boo to read, and I have to get to it!
FYETC
A charming trifle.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Not my favorite Johnny Boo but still funny, quirky, and a graphic novel that even kinder and first will enjoy! The Ice Cream Monster and Squiggle both appearing this one, and when you put the write voice on the Ice Cream Monster when you read him, he is even funnier!
Ned Leffingwell
Top Shelf produces some great comics for young children. Johnny Boo is a ghost who has simple, fun adventures. The stories are short and sweet and I was pleased to see that they are also in color in this edition. I highly recommend this for kids from 4-8.
Justyn Rampa
This volume comes earlier in the series, but it is still just as fun. Johnny Boo seems a little prideful for being so adorable. Just sayin'. However, Squiggle and Ice Cream Monster and an brief intro to Rocky Rock make this another great book!
Rachel
Johnny Boo’s friend, Squiggle, goes on a quest to find out how to get twinkle power like the stars. When he hears Johnny Boo and the Ice Cream Monster down below, he abandons his search and watches his friends invent wiggle power instead.
Betsy
One Sentence Review: I have zero doubt that the butt-wiggling Ice Cream Monster will render five-year-olds everywhere prostrate with giggles, and like its predecessor I find it almost impossible to wrap my adult head about the text.
Michael
Absolutely amazing. Boo power, Ghost pomps, running from an ice cream monsters butt. Greatest book in the world. Take that War and Peace.
April
An adorable graphic novel for kids about friendship and silly ghost hair. I read it at the library and was very amused by it.
Pinky
Adorable. Funny. Starring Johnny Boo, Squiggle and The Ice Cream Monster.
Kaitlin
It's cute and I think that all kids would love it.
Matt
Childrens books need more twinkle and wiggle power.
Sydney More
A simple comic with heart for little ones.
Snow
reviewing for Booklist
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
James Kochalka is an American comic book artist and writer, and rock musician. His comics are noted for their blending of the real and the surreal. Largely autobiographical, Kochalka's cartoon expression of the world around him includes such real-life characters as his wife, children, cat, friends and colleagues, but always filtered through his own observations and flights of whimsy. In March 2011 ...more
More about James Kochalka...

Johnny Boo (8 books)
  • Johnny Boo: The Best Little Ghost in the World
  • Johnny Boo: Happy Apples
  • Johnny Boo: The Mean Little Boy
  • Johnny Boo Book 5: Johnny Boo Does Something!
  • Johnny Boo Book 6: Zooms to the Moon
  • Johnny Boo Meets Dragon Puncher
  • Johnny Boo & Harold in Tricky Treaters
American Elf: The Collected Sketchbook Diaries, Vol. 1 American Elf: The Collected Sketchbook Diaries, Vol. 2 Monkey vs. Robot Peanutbutter & Jeremy's Best Book Ever Johnny Boo: The Best Little Ghost in the World