Start by marking “Yam: Bite-Size Chunks” as Want to Read:
Yam: Bite-Size Chunks

Yam: Bite-Size Chunks

Top Shelf is proud to present an all new, "silent" all-ages graphic novel series! Yam and his fun-loving friends live on the remote tropical island of Leche de la Luna, and are always getting mixed up in surreal adventures. Whether it's encountering cupcakes that spring to life, befriending potted flowers, or exploring the mysterious ruins on the island, this small boy in ...more
Published August 5th 2008 by Top Shelf Productions (first published July 29th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Yam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yam

Eva Mitnick
Feb 24, 2009 Eva Mitnick rated it liked it
This graphic novel is made up of a series of completely wordless short episodes, most starring a cute, noseless, androgynous childlike creature named Yam, who is always dressed in what looks like a hooded and footed snowsuit. Yam, occasionally accompanied by its companion Marzipan Cat, has lots of mini-adventures. Yam makes friends with a cupcake, falls into a hole and sprouts as a flower, makes friends with a raincloud, grows a head full of flowers on a bald child, makes friends with flowers – ...more
Betsy
Jan 04, 2009 Betsy rated it really liked it
One Sentence Review: Pretty much what you'd get if you combined Yo Gabba Gabba with alternate comic fare, which is to say it's kinda brilliant.
Yelena
May 25, 2011 Yelena rated it it was ok
It's quite obvious that I am missing the brilliance of it all, judging by the rave reviews this comic received. I can see how children would be delighted by the whimsical illustrations, imaginative plot and the generally weird hilarity. However, I found the style of the drawings frenetic, impossible to follow, and headache-inducing. As much as I like odd, eccentric and absurd things, I found myself constantly bewildered and thinking "What is going on here???"
Kerry
Nov 05, 2008 Kerry rated it really liked it
This is SSSSOOOOO CUTE!!! It's a wordless comic and it's meant for younger readers, but I recommend it to absolutely anyone. Yam is a little dude with a magical back pack that helps him fly and he meets a very unique cast of characters. The drawings are fantastic and our little hero is very expressive. Oh! And I can't forget his friends Gato and May!!
Jason
A collection of cute and somewhat surreal stories about a boy in a hood named Yam. Most, while amusing, fail to pack any sort of punch. The longer story, "toy with my dreams," is new to the collection and really stands out above the content of the rest of the book. The color insert section is nice, too.
Sarah Sammis
Nov 10, 2011 Sarah Sammis rated it liked it
Recommended to Sarah by: My Son
Somewhere in the same group of wordless (or near wordless) comics as Lio, Copper, and Owly.
Anne
Sep 20, 2010 Anne rated it really liked it
Extremely cute and imaginative wordless comic. Includes an anthropomorphic television, jealous cat, and girl with dirt hair.
Snow
Shelves: comic-gn-manga, keep
So cute!
Esperanza Barba
Jun 09, 2013 Esperanza Barba rated it it was amazing
I know the person who made this book and he's a very talented artist if I do say so myself.
Elsa
Shelves: graphical
Almost intolerably cute.
Steven
Feb 27, 2009 Steven rated it really liked it
Cute wordless comics that follow a childlike logic.
Laura Z
Laura Z rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2011
Esther
Esther rated it it was ok
Aug 22, 2013
Nunu
Nunu rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2012
Cheryl Gladfelter
Cheryl Gladfelter rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Jarod Roselló
Jarod Roselló rated it liked it
May 19, 2011
paula
paula rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2008
Kaylon
Kaylon rated it it was ok
Oct 29, 2008
Bill
Bill rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2012
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2008
Tony Moore
Tony Moore rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2014
Kristen Mohr
Kristen Mohr rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Bookworm007
Bookworm007 rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2011
Tyler Works
Tyler Works rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2009
Casey
Casey rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2012