Start by marking “The Hunted” as Want to Read:

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  274 ratings  ·  23 reviews
"How well do you really know the person you love? How far would you go to find out?" If there was one person in the world Dr. Lauren Chambers was sure she could rely on, it was her beloved husband, Michael. Recovering from an agoraphobic depression and prone to episodes of blinding anxiety, Lauren is a gifted psychologist for whom her husband's love and support mean everyt ...more
Published January 29th 2002 by Pocket Books (first published January 30th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunted

Jim
What a wild ride ! Alan Jacobson's "The Hunted" is a fast paced action mystery/ thriller that seems to move at the speed of sound. Dr. Lauren Chambers, a psychologist and a top doctor in her field, learns her husband has gone missing. Michael Chambers while on a skiing trip in Colorado with friends has just disappeared. Michael has just vanished into thin air. Lauren is at her wits end trying to get help in finding Michael. PI Nick Bradley ends up taking on the case for Lauren. We come to find o ...more
Carl Brush
I’m always on the lookout for entertainments as well as for serious literature, so when I was clued in that Alan Jacobson was a hot newcomer on the mystery scene and that she’d actually spent an evening with him (and a few others--full disclosure here), I was glad for the chance to check him out. The Hunted is the second of Jacobson’s three novels, False Accusations being a best-selling first, The Seventh Victim the latest. Besides its other distinctions, The Hunted is perhaps the first blockbu ...more
TheGeekyBlogger
Listened for Review (Brilliance)
Listened to 6 of 11 Disks
Overall Rating: DNF

Audio Rating: 4.00 (Not part of the overall rating)

Why did I DNF?: The Hunted would be loved by my dad! I kept thinking he should be the person reading/reviewing this one. I actually like Alan Jacobson's writing and have enjoyed other books by him. Why didn't it work for me? Holy scattered story batman. Seriously this was just too all over the place for me. About the time I would really get into the story, it would shift
Darcy
I had read this author's later books and was so so on them. But if I like an author I like to check out all of their books. I kept putting this one off because of some issues I had with the other series. So as a part of my new years resolutions to read some of those books that have been on my list the longest I picked up the book.

I ended up giving up this one after 40 or so pages. I disliked Lauren right from the start. For a doctor she seemed to have an interesting sense of right or wrong. In
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
Jun 30, 2009 Liberty Abbott-Sylvester rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a wonderful suspense novel!
Loved this! This book is full of twists and turns from the very beginning. There are quite a few characters and you'll need to keep them straight as you try to figure out who you can trust and who you can't. I was really shocked by the ending!

Lauren's husband Michael doesn't come home from a ski trip so the search is on..the problem is there are more people than just Lauren looking for Michael. This story involves the FBI, the CIA, witness protection and of course "the bad guy".

I think this is m
Michelle
Great book. NEXT! I want more.
Joyce McKune
If there was one person in the world Dr. Lauren Chambers was sure she could rely on, it was her beloved husband, Michael. Recovering from an agoraphobic depression and prone to episodes of blinding anxiety, Lauren is a gifted psychologist for whom her husband's love and support mean everything. So when Michael suddenly and mysteriously vanishes, Lauren once again finds herself balancing on a knife's edge, haunted more than ever by an all-too-familiar paranoia.
Marynelson321
This is the second book I've read by this author, and was equally as pleased with this book! I enjoy a thriller with twists, turns & a great plot that keeps you going right up until the very end! This book did it for me! I have this downloaded from this author as well and certainly hope that they are equally enjoyable while sitting on the edge of my seat! Thank you Ward for the recommendation of his author!
Rebecca
1 star because I could not finish it..
Maybe one day when I'm desperate I'll try again.
tone
The Hunted

This book could not be put down till it was finished. Enjoyed all the characters. They all tied into the story well. Lot of different things going on that kept you guessing.
Naomi
I really enjoyed this book and felt it was incredibly fast paced. The book sucked me in very quickly and went on a totally different path then what I thought it was going to. I almost wonder why the author put some incidents into the book unless it was to throw off the reader. I definitely plan on reading other works by this author.
Susan
Laren Chambers' husband never comes home from a ski weekend and the search for him takes one strange turn after another. This is a great story - classic cat and mouse with some witness protection thrown in. There's also a great scene in the beginng where the bad guy does surgery on himself to remove a tracking device - ugh and wow.
Evile Salelesi
It ended kind of quickly and some important characters lives were left unexplained. I found that some of the big twists were really obvious, but then again, I am a genius. Good read, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get this one. (and seriously I scare myself sometimes........genius)
Karla Marie
Meh...the story was a little unbelievable. I just picked it because it had a picture of the white house on the front. It was definitely written by a dude who does not know how to write women. This chick was way too calm for what was going on in the story.
Bigal-sa
Not a bad read. The plot was a bit too convoluted, and definitely unbelievable in places (an explosive device, smaller than half a video remote capable of blowing up the director of the FBI's house plus two surrounding houses!).
Carl
Fast moving,albeit a bit far fetched at times, adventure that builds right up to the end of the book. Excellent read.

There are a few typographical errors in the Kindle edition.
Becky
The ending of this book was great! Could not believe the twists and turns in the last few chapters alone! Very good reading!
Tammy
Mar 10, 2015 Tammy added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I started reading this book so many times but for some reason I could never remember what was happening. I didn't finish it.
Lori
You don't know who to trust in this saga, right down to the bitter end. Cast of characters get confusing, but a good read.
Asis Adit
A fast paced action thriller taht will keep you guessing till the end.Beautifully composed.
Marlu
Great book...twists and turns until the end.
KatMcD
Sep 12, 2010 KatMcD added it
Shelves: dnf
Started but DNF. Should give it another try.
Lanette
Great read with some unexpected turns.
Sher Mccabe-finlayson
Sher Mccabe-finlayson marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Cynthia G. Stockbridge
Cynthia G. Stockbridge marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Angela H
Angela H marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Ruth Brown
Ruth Brown marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
  • Chillwater Cove
  • From the Ashes
  • Blood Runs Cold (Ren Bryce, #1)
  • The Gatekeeper (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #3)
  • The Bone Parade
  • The Devil's Deep
  • The Shadows of Power
  • Pushed Too Far
  • The Inquisition
  • Primary Justice (Ben Kencaid, #1)
  • Hysteria
ALAN JACOBSON is the National Bestselling Author of several critically acclaimed thrillers. His 20 years of research and training with the FBI’s profiling unit, DEA, US Marshals Service, Scotland Yard, SWAT, and the US military bring unparalleled realism to his stories and characters—prompting the San Francisco Chronicle to say that “Alan Jacobson researches his books like a good newspaper reporte ...more
More about Alan Jacobson...
The 7th Victim (Karen Vail, #1) Crush (Karen Vail #2) Velocity (Karen Vail #3) Inmate 1577 (Karen Vail #4) False Accusations