Start by marking “Set Up in SoHo” as Want to Read:
Set Up in SoHo

Set Up in SoHo (Matchmaker Chronicles #2)

When Andrea Sevalas’ long time boyfriend announces he’s seeing someone else, Andi’s thrown for a loop—well, actually, down a cellar.  Head throbbing and nose out of joint, she’s rescued by one of New York’s finest – attorneys that is.  Ethan McCay is the Upper East Side heir to the kingdom of Manhattan.  But Andi isn’t interested in princes.  At least not the uptown ...more
Published October 27th 2009 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published March 18th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Set Up in SoHo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Set Up in SoHo

Denise
Nov 19, 2012 Denise rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit
Chick lit at its worst! The story was incredibly predictable and boring! All of the characters were unworthy of a comment let a lone an entire book and their dialogue was like listening to 15 year old snobs!

Kristin
Jan 24, 2010 Kristin rated it it was ok
As I read it, I felt like I had already read a story just like this. I say skip it unless you see it at the library and are desperate to find a book and find nothing else.
Daisy
Apr 12, 2010 Daisy rated it did not like it
Horrible!
Jul 05, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, 2010
This book jumped out to me on the shelves one day while I was working, and so I picked it up, hoping for a fun and light read. While it started out promising, I realized about halfway through that I didn’t like the main character at all. Andi Sevalas stars as the heroine of this chick-lit book, and throughout most of the book, she is opinionated, bitchy, and a hypocrite. Even though she abhors the elitists of Manhattan society, she herself enjoys wearing designer clothing, eating at fabulous and ...more
Jacqueline
Just your average chick lit/romance here. The heroine is one of those fun, trouble-prone women typical of the genre. I would have like to have gotten to know Ethan, the love-interest, better. I think that would have made the romance a bit more believable. Overall, it was an enjoyable story if not very memorable. There is a connected, previous novel called A Match Made on Madison that I wasn't aware of prior to reading the book. Some of AMMOM's characters carry over, but I don't think it's necess ...more
Jodi
Jul 25, 2011 Jodi added it
The description of the book that Livingsocial has is totally inaccurate. The main character's boyfriend didn't announce he was getting married, she wasn't thrown from a taxi and the person who eventually comes to her aid when she falls down cellar stairs is a lawyer not a doctor. That aside, it was a good book and a lot of fun to read.
Claire
Nov 03, 2014 Claire rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I thought the premise was interesting, but I felt like the book was filled with too much filler. That, and the main character was too snobbish. I didn't like her attitude, and her brash inclinations. In general, it was okay. Yet, it wasn't realistic. And to say in the least, I hate it when writers have problems that magically disappear. And it happened way too much in this book.
Candy
Jul 19, 2010 Candy rated it it was ok
This story was predictable right from the first chapter. An aunt that Andrea despises because she's a 'matchmaker'. Suddenly prince charming arrives on the scene... What are the odds? It was an okay beach book.
Mary
Jun 17, 2013 Mary rated it it was ok
Another predictable, easy read. It was okay. The main character is a bit whiny. Found myself getting tired of her. It was Danielle Steel meets nicholas sparks but without any sex scenes. Yawn.
Shawna
Feb 14, 2011 Shawna rated it liked it
Like her other novel I've read (A Match Made in Madison) this is cleaner than other chic-lit I've read. It was fun!
Y
Y rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Judy
Judy rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2010
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2012
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2010
Beth Wilkes
Beth Wilkes rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Karine
Nov 13, 2012 Karine rated it liked it
Fun book to read
I
I rated it it was ok
May 27, 2015
Elizabeth Lacks
Elizabeth Lacks rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2010
Kristin Blomquist
Kristin Blomquist rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2014
Sheena
Sheena rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2011
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Franzi
Franzi rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2016
Nick
Nick rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2014
Cela Esqueda
Cela Esqueda rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2010
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2011
Annmarie Mcginnis
Aug 04, 2016 Annmarie Mcginnis rated it liked it
This was a tad predictable, but certainly not terrible
Lorna
Lorna rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2010
Lori
Lori rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Girl Most Likely to
  • Life Over Easy
  • Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club (Hollywood Girls Club, #2)
  • Help Wanted, Desperately
  • The Art of Undressing
  • Getting Personal
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)
  • A Little Trouble with the Facts
  • Fashionistas
  • Un-Bridaled
  • Suburbanistas
  • Confessions of a Serial Dater
Award winning author Dee Davis worked in association management before turning her had to writing. Her highly acclaimed first novel, Everything In Its Time, was published in July 2000. Since then, among others, she’s won the Booksellers Best, Golden Leaf, Texas Gold and Prism awards, and been nominated for the National Readers Choice Award, the Holt and two RT Reviewers Choice Awards. To date, she ...more
More about Dee Davis...

Matchmaker Chronicles (2 books)
  • A Match Made on Madison