Start by marking “Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #2)

Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy #2)

4.31  ·  Rating Details ·  22,010 Ratings  ·  530 Reviews
Moons have passed since six cats set out on a journey to save their Clans. Now they are traveling home again, but on their way through the mountains, they meet a tribe of wild cats with a secret . . . and their own mysterious prophecy to fulfill. Stormfur can't understand their strange fascination with him, but he knows the danger they face is real.

Meanwhile, back in the f
Published July 25th 2006 by HarperCollins (first published July 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Moonrise, please sign up.

Nadine Well, it's not impossible but it is highly recommended to read Midnight before you read Moonrise. So no, you probably won't get a lot of what's…moreWell, it's not impossible but it is highly recommended to read Midnight before you read Moonrise. So no, you probably won't get a lot of what's happening if you didn't read Midnight first(less)

Janeen-san
Nov 08, 2008 Janeen-san rated it liked it
The six cats chosen from the four wild Clans of the forest--ThunderClan, ShadowClan,RiverClan and WindClan--are finally on their way back home!

In the first book of the New Prophecy, Midnight, the new warrior Bramleclaw gets a disturbing dream from StarClan telling him to join up with three other cats and "listen to what midnight tells you."
They travel to the Sun-Drown-Place (the sea) and find "midnight".
Midnight the BADGER!
She gives them a warning that they must follow, or it will mean the qui
Kayla
Aug 18, 2009 Kayla rated it it was amazing
I love the drama that is in this series! Don't get me wrong there was plenty of drama with Firestars adventures.... But Squirrelflight is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. Her personality if funny, but she is quick tempered with a retort when needed. She's a lot like me. :-)

I am rewriting this review because the old one was pathetic. I like how the Erins are flip flopping between characters in the rest of their series. It adds a different perspective to the warriors world. :-)

Th
~♥~ happinesslife

Este segundo libro me ha gustado más, ya que podemos ver como la travesía de nuestros gatos no es todo camino de rosas, se van encontrando con peligros y adversidades que tendrán que aprender a superar juntos, la más curiosa es cuando aparece un nueva profecía de una tribu de las montañas, donde uno de los gatos tendrá que afrontar su destino.
JJ
Sep 23, 2007 JJ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 9-12 year olds who like cats, or fantasy
Shelves: cat_books, fantasy
Pant Pant Pant ooooooooooooooooo...
Shannon
Jun 08, 2014 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes cats and everyone who wants a good plot!
Allie Penn
2017 reread

Me: Maybe Feathertail won't die this time.
Feathertail: *dies tragically*
Me: *looks into the camera*
Deborah Pickstone
Leafpool gets very annoying constantly wittering about whether to tell her father about where the questing cats have gone. Someone stole Greystripe, one of the best characters and it don't look like he's coming back. This volume left me proper grumpy and out of sorts - and the the Tribe of Rushing Water had their own concept of xenophobia. Tsk!
Anton
Jul 25, 2015 Anton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had some dull moments, but the switching perspectives are still refreshing and interesting. The exciting bits were just epic!
Rogue
Jun 28, 2017 Rogue rated it it was amazing
I forgot how devastating the last twenty pages are.
A 'Crystal'lized Ninja
Jun 19, 2017 A 'Crystal'lized Ninja marked it as abandoned
Shelves: warriors
I wasn't able to finish it because it had to be returned to the library. Ugh. Everyone hates it when that has to happen. :'(
Lanie
This is crap. I hate these characters so freaking much! I just..... Yeah, I just hate them! I miss firestars bravery. I miss Greystripe's snarky sidekick role. I miss dustplet & sandstorm picking on Firestar then slowly growing to like him. I miss yellowfang.

Here, in this 2nd series I have to deal with a painful collection of characters who make me want to rip my hair out & put a bullet in my head. (Not really, but it's still pretty bad.)

Warning! This will be long, ranting, & possi
Emma Fernández
Mar 25, 2017 Emma Fernández rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Madre mía, que sufrimiento hasta el último momento, ya haré reseña, estoy pendiente adoptar a Erin Hunter, tanto si me la aceptan como si no la publicaré en tener una respuesta. De momento toca escribirla o algo.
MelanieP
Feb 26, 2014 MelanieP rated it really liked it
Warriors Moonrise Author: Erin Hunter Genre: Action and adventure
Now that the four chosen cats Brambleclaw, Tawnypelt, Feathertail, Crowpaw along with Stormfur and Squirrelpaw have learned the prophecy of their clans they have to go back the way they came to warn them that great danger is coming. All four clans are going to be destroyed by twolegs if they don't work together and find a new home. All six cats have to make the long journey back home. They want to get back as soon as possible and
Adam Veeser-Johnston
Sep 30, 2014 Adam Veeser-Johnston rated it really liked it
"Warriors: Moonrise" by Erin Hunter

Personal Response: I feel that the book was written very well. The author captures the reader in a series of events and switches groups often throughout chapters. To me the book was a great read and I recommend that anyone read it.

Plot: Some events that take place in the book are as follows. A group of warriors wander through their forest and then through a city to find a prophet of a sort. They reach this prophet to learn that she's actually one of their most
Braintwich
Mar 25, 2011 Braintwich rated it it was amazing
Basic Synopsis: As the journeying cats return to the forest with the answer to the forest's demise, they are caught once again in another prophecy from a tribe of cats living in the mountains who foretell the destiny of one of the journeying cats.

Sad book. I can say that there have only been a handful of books I've ever cried on: Cages, Where the Red Fern Grows, The Last Dog on Earth, and Warriors: #3 Forest of Secrets. Well, it's not entirely sad, but there's a sad part in it when one of the ch
Maddy Goodwin
Feb 14, 2017 Maddy Goodwin rated it really liked it
I liked Warriors Moonrise because it has a new style of problems that arise than the older books. The traveling cats have to face a lot of obstacles that they need to solve with teamwork and cooperation rather than get physical and hurt someone. The story is well told as the cats in the forest have to deal with problems that they could not prepare for while the traveling cats strive to help them as soon as they can.
Jhanz Ganub
Nov 03, 2016 Jhanz Ganub rated it it was amazing
Shelves: moonrise
Amanda
Jul 14, 2010 Amanda rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cat/animal lovers, anyone :)
I just love these books. :) They're consistently reallly good. At least for me.

The 6 cats chosen by Starclan have made it to the sundrown place, met Midnight, and are on the way back home to let the Clans know that they'll have to leave the forest forever. Darn Twolegs. Instead of going back through Twolegplace like they came, they decide to head back through the mountains, where the Tribe cats dwell. Don't want to spoil too much there, but the Tribe cats are in terrible danger, and they have a
Starfire
Feb 11, 2017 Starfire rated it it was amazing
Ynwa
Jan 22, 2015 Ynwa rated it really liked it
4,5 || Après avoir rencontré Minuit, la petite troupe composée de Nuage d'Ecureuil, Pelage d'Orage, Jolie Plume, Nuage Noir, Griffe de Ronce et Pelage d'Or poursuit sa quête. Ils doivent regagner leurs clans au plus vite afin de les sauver de la menace qui les entoure. Seulement en chemin ils vont devoir faire face à de nombreux obstacles et vont rencontrer une nouvelle Tribu, faut-il les aider? Et à quel prix?

Pendant ce temps dans les différents clans la menace se fait de plus en plus grande e
Claires2
Sep 25, 2014 Claires2 rated it liked it
I enjoyed Moonrise. However, it didn’t really live up to my expectations for this series. I found I could relate to Stormfur often; he was the strong but silent type. I also loved the overlapping religions that these cats faced and the two prophecies. But I must say, I think a whole book about their journey in the mountains only to lose a cat and waste time really wasn’t necessary. I’m looking forward more to the next book, when they finally reach the Clans again. I recommend this book to fans o ...more
Kirsti
Feb 02, 2014 Kirsti rated it it was amazing
Another day, another Warriors book review! This one introduced a new lot of cats, although they form a tribe not a clan. Another prophecy is combating the first, and the traveling cats must decide whether or not to help or hurry back to their own clans. There is more traveling, but the action is up on the first novel. The characters are really starting to come into their own, and their interactions become more fun and meaningful.

I liked the alternating between the Clans and the traveling cats. I
Kathy Filardo
Jan 11, 2017 Kathy Filardo rated it it was amazing
This was a great book because it introduced totally new cats with a new perspective that seemed rather like an offshoot of the Clan and in a totally different setting. But the ending was awful--because of the sacrifice made--I was so upset because I felt like this was an unncessary death, like it was caused just so someone on the quest died to make the whole journey more "dangerous". I know after reading many of these books that many character I like--such as Bluestar--died and I should be used ...more
Luke
Jul 10, 2012 Luke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erin-hunter
Moonrise, the second installment in the second arc of the Warrior Cats, follows two different paths, Leafpaw, ThunderClan's medicine cat apprentice, and also Firestar daughter, as the forest where the four clans—ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan, and ShadowClan—live is gradually being destroyed, and the journey of the six cats—Bramblepaw, Squirrelpaw, Tawnypelt, Stormfur, Feathertail and Crowpaw—as they journey home, with obstacles.
With a sad ending, for both paths, the Warrior Cats never get old
Lance Dimapilis
Mar 04, 2015 Lance Dimapilis rated it it was amazing
This book is about six cats traveling back home after meeting Midnight, a badger. On the way, they meet the Tribe of Rushing Water. They have seemed to take a fascination to Stormfur,but he doesn't know why. In the forest, the ThunderClan camp is being torn apart, as well as the other Clans, camps. This book is amazing, and I would like to read the next book of this series. If you like cats and survival books, then this is definitely for you!
Carla Barker
Apr 13, 2011 Carla Barker rated it it was amazing
This is a story about Stormfur,who has to survive the pain of his sister Feathertail dying. To save them all from Sharptooth, a mountainlion. This book has love in it. It makes you cry to happy, to sad. I love this book. My favorite part was how they saw the Highstone. Their long journey was complete.
This book will make you read it over and over!-Calahan Barker 8 years old. (Start from number one!!!!)
Danny Phanton
3.5

Con más acción que el primero, con más peligro, me gustó más aunque ese final no fue como que me dejará con ganas de leer el siguiente, pero ahí lo tengo, así que lo leeré.

(view spoiler)

Reseña más tarde.
Joseph Leskey
Dec 09, 2016 Joseph Leskey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: "twolegs"
Yes… I once again allowed five stars for a book in this sequence of novels. A book about clans of cats, notwithstanding. Sometimes I must question my mental stability. Anyway, this book was nice and all, perhaps a bit flat, but it made sense for it to be so, so who cares.
Shinpei
Oct 06, 2009 Shinpei rated it really liked it
This book is a very good book. It has five tribes and I like the Thunder tribe. I like the Thunder tribe because they have a lot of cool personalities.
Whitaker
Dec 10, 2010 Whitaker rated it liked it
A really great book shows us how everything is great and worth to die for
Goodreads Librari...: Updated cover 3 19 Feb 10, 2016 07:00PM
warrior fans only 62 87 Aug 11, 2015 08:10PM
why was feathertail the chosen cat? 12 22 Feb 23, 2015 04:06AM
4 Clans? Why? *Warning;May Contain Spoilers* 85 76 Feb 16, 2015 11:12PM
Why is Feathertail so overrated by the other cats? 4 20 Jan 31, 2015 01:00PM
Warrior Cats Fore...: Moonrise [#2] 8 7 Sep 22, 2014 10:34AM
  • The First Collier (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #9)
  • The Sight (Sight, #1)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Firewing (Silverwing, #3)
  • Ratha and Thistle-Chaser (The Named, #3)
  • Poppy and Rye (Dimwood Forest, #2)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the nat
More about Erin Hunter...

Warriors: The New Prophecy (6 books)
  • Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1)
  • Dawn (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #3)
  • Starlight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #4)
  • Twilight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #5)
  • Sunset (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #6)

2 trivia questions
3 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Think you have nine lives, do you? I saved you once.... don't make me save you again.” 236 likes
“Crowpaw,I can hear the voices clearly now, this is for me to do.” 98 likes