Start by marking “Dumb Bunnies (bkshelf) (Scholastic Bookshelf)” as Want to Read:
Dumb Bunnies (bkshelf) (Scholastic Bookshelf)

Dumb Bunnies (bkshelf) (The Dumb Bunnies)

A so-dumb-it's-funny story from bestseller Dav Pilkey.
Let the Scholastic Bookshelf be your guide through the whole range of your child's experiences-laugh with them, learn with them, read with them!

Category: Humor
Meet the Dumb Bunnies.They eat lunch in a carwash. They go bowling in a library. And they ice-skate on the bottom of a lake. Everything the dumb bunnies do is REA
Published February 1st 2005 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1994)

Miriam
Jul 06, 2012 Miriam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like to laugh at "retards"
Shelves: picture
These bunnies are really dumb.
Auttumn C
This book is hilarious!!!! I would not read it to my class but I would definately read it to my own children. This book made me and my boyfriend laugh so hard we had tears streaming down our cheeks by the end of it. WARNING: not a book for people who do not have a sense of dumb humor! :)
Chris Edwards
Mar 10, 2017 Chris Edwards rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
I laughed so much. "You'll get us all killed."
Bridgette Elston
hard not to like something that makes my kid laugh that hard. serious belly laugh on every page.
Carson
Mar 06, 2017 Carson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining.
Andrea Ference
Oct 07, 2012 Andrea Ference rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Dumb Bunnies is the perfect book for a typical immature kid whose favorite jokes revolve around the words "toilet" and "underwear." The Dumb Bunnies are a family of clueless rabbits who might remind you of a certain family of bears. When they go to town to let their porridge cool off, they take their bikes, which are strapped on top of their car. "'Can I drive the car?" asked Baby Bunny. "'You don't know how to drive," said Poppa Bunny. 'You'd get us all killed.' "'Aw, please?' asked Baby Bu ...more
Michelle Melchin
The Dumb Bunnies makes fun of a couple different fairy tale stories. Not only does the text play on words, but the illustrations play a big part in the humor given in the book. The text changes from page to page. Some pages its at the bottom with borders around the illustrations and others the text is wrapped into the illustrations. Most of the illustrations are symmetrical to the text, but allows the reader to visualize the humor from the text. The colors also add to the playfulness in the book ...more
Ivonne Rovira
Jan 23, 2016 Ivonne Rovira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: even the most curmudgeonly
Some children’s books are a delight for children but merely OK for the parents who read them. (Pat the Bunny and One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, I’m talking about you.) Some are enjoyable but not magical (e.g., Goodnight Moon and Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle). But some are so hilarious that both parents and children look forward to reading the book again and again and again. That is The Dumb Bunnies, a book so funny that even curmudgeonly child-haters of the W.B. Fields variety will love it.
Deb Jones
Feb 24, 2014 Deb Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Dumb Bunnies, illustrated and written by Dav Pilkey, offers a hilarious tale of a Momma Bunny, Poppa Bunny and Baby Bunny. Each member of the family is dumber than the next and showcases literal meanings along with opposites to tell their tale. For instance, when Momma Bunny suggests they take their bikes to town for the exercise, everyone agrees. However, instead of riding their bikes, they place them on top of their car and drive to town. The humor is not for everyone and can become quite ...more
Kayla Gephart
Sep 02, 2012 Kayla Gephart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture
The Dumb Bunnies is a comic relief picture book for children. It is a parody of Goldie Locks and the Three Bears. The Dumb Bunnies have a picnic in the car wash, ice skate inside the lake instead of on top of it, and go into town on their bikes for exercise (a.k.a., putting the bikes on top of the car when they head into town). While they're out, "Little Red Goldilocks" as she is named, breaks into the Dumb Bunnies' house and she sleeps in the porridge, eats the bed, and uses Baby Bunny's pimple ...more
Mary
Nov 10, 2008 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Silly, Silly, Silly! I couldn't help but chuckle at a few parts of the story. I can say that the Dumb Bunnies are much loved by children, but not so loved by adults. I think it would be interesting to compare the aspects of fairy tales to the Dumb Bunnies. I like the authors subtle silly additions to the story within the illustrations. I love the books in the library "The house the jack build" and "The condo that jack subletted". The about the author states that Dave Pilkey lives with his pet rh ...more
Michelle Rosales
Jun 22, 2012 Michelle Rosales rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5360-summer-12
Ever wonder about what not to do? Just read The Dumb Bunnies. This fairly dumb bunny family that are silly and do just about the dumbest things. Papa, Mama and Baby do the wackiest things you have ever heard of. When their porridge is too hot, they put it in the microwave to warm up. They do so many things backwards and opposite of what we normally do. Read about dumb bunnies doing ever so silly things and before you know it you’ll want to read the whole collection.
Chris
I don't like to censor the books the children pick out of the library but when I saw this one in the pile, I was ready to sneak it into the return bag without ever reading it. I'm glad I resisted. It is just the right balance between silly and goofy and parody and funny without actually really being offensive. Then again, maybe it is just we haven't been reading many picture books lately so it was the change of pace and nostalgia that got me ;-)
Brittiny
The Dumb Bunnies by Sue Denim is in my own category. This book is about three bunnies that are making fun of a whole bunch of other kid stories. I love this book because it is funny. I was laughing at the weird things that they did. If I was to teach this book, I would want to look at the words that are used in this story. They are simple, but super funny. It was well written and I really enjoy reading it.
Tam
Mar 26, 2012 Tam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a "dumb" story and my boys (ages 5 & 9) found it hilarious! However, we don't use the word 'dumb' in our house so we replaced it with 'silly'. They loved pointing out all the things that were wrong in the pictures. It references "The Three Little Bears". An example of what they do, "Momma Bunny's porridge was too cold, so she blew on it. Poppa Bunny's porridge was too hot, so he put it in the oven. But Baby Bunny's porridge was just right, so he poured it down his pants."

Anamarie
Apr 07, 2011 Anamarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DO YOU FEEL LIKE DOIN NOTHING BUT SITTIN AROUND PUTTING WATER IN CEAREL!WELL I HAVE JUST THE BOOK FOR YOU THE DUMB BUNNIES!THIS FAMILY IS SO DUMB THEY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!AS DADDY SAYS GO FETCH ME A WATER BEFORE WE LEAVE HE WILL LITERALLY GO AND THROW IT ON THE FLOOR AND FETCH IT FOR HIS DAD!THEN THE DAD WILL BE LIKE "THATS MY BOY" WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christy
The Dumb Bunnies, is a family of three bunnies. Who are not the brightest bunnies. They do everything a little different then we would. The family decides to go into town and while they are gone someone breaks into their house. When the family returns they notice something is not right. When they see the little girl they all fell in love with her and they lived happily ever after.
Amy S
Apr 10, 2015 Amy S rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my son's favorite books. He LAUGHS OUT LOUD at a couple of the parts. When I read it in my classroom I call it "the silly bunnies," but at home jack gets the full treatment. He rolls on the ground in all his six-year-old boyness at lines like "baby bunny loved goldilocks so much he flushed her down the toilet."

Sheer dumb fun.
Kayla Mannlein
Oct 15, 2013 Kayla Mannlein rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my favorite books to read as a kid . I am afraid the nature of the book's sense of humor is similar to my adult humor as well as my childhood humor . Age is inevitable maturity is a choice
Ashley
I read this book years ago, back in grade school. I don't remember much about The Dumb Bunnies books except really enjoying them, and thinking they were really funny/clever. I had forgotten all about them, and now I really want to go back and reread them!
Chelsea Merkley
This book is very silly, and quite funny. It may not be appropriate for a Kindergarten, or 1st Grade Class, depending on how mature they are. There are some very uproarious parts in the book, my son loves this book! He is 6! And loves reading it to me!
Christiana Tarpley
haha! Funny, funny book! Kids would love this one!!

Main idea of this story is just for fun reading and comparing stories with Goldilocks and The Three Bears. The main purpose of this book is to compare the bears and the bunnies.
SarahSi
Nov 30, 2010 SarahSi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dumb Bunnies combines children's stories and puns on life and literature. If you like Captain Underpants you will love this book. The bunnies are very dumb and silly. You will laugh your head off.
Jen
Jul 15, 2011 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My students at school love this book, so I thought I'd share it with my boys. We don't use the word "dumb" in our house for anything, so I really struggled with that as I was reading it to them. Cute story that I think goes over better with kids than with their adult parents.
Briana
Jun 06, 2011 Briana rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who like sucky books?
Mr. Pilkey! What were you thinking writing this trash? Ugh. My brain is numb...like I have just watched too many mindless cartoons on TV. I cannot believe people like this book. I would never read this to my children! I have no appreciation for dumb things....and neither should you. BIG FAIL!! ;_;
Nancy
Jan 22, 2011 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So dumb I couldn't help but laugh out loud.
unknown
Mar 12, 2009 unknown    rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it. Kids love it too!
Christine
Kind of offensive...
Vanessa Westen
Silly book full of backwards things! Perfect book for an indoor recess when kids need a break from thinking.
  • Kat Kong
  • Is There Really a Human Race?
  • Skunkdog
  • Underwear!
  • Robot Zot!
  • Meanwhile Back at the Ranch
  • Those Darn Squirrels and the Cat Next Door
  • Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach (Scaredy Squirrel)
  • The Red Thread: An Adoption Fairy Tale
  • Strega Nona Meets Her Match
Sue Denim, George Beard, and Harold Hutchins are pseudonyms used by Dav Pilkey.
More about Sue Denim...

The Dumb Bunnies (6 books)
  • The Dumb Bunnies' Easter (The Dumb Bunnies, #2)
  • Make Way For Dumb Bunnies (The Dumb Bunnies, #3)
  • The Dumb Bunnies Go To The Zoo (The Dumb Bunnies, #4)
  • Dumb Bunnies Collection