Start by marking “The Pillar of Light (The Milana Legends, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Pillar of Light (The Milana Legends, #1)

The Pillar of Light (The Legends of Milana #1)

When Nani val Dynia awakens in the jungles of Brazil, she has no idea who she is or how she came to the tiny missionary hospital. The only clues to her past lie in the whispered words of a village elder and a forgotten necklace buried at the bottom of a flour jar.

Three years later a group of six teenagers unexpectedly find themselves bound for the same Brazilian jungle, w
Published February 12th 2008 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about The Pillar of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pillar of Light

Grace Marshall
I enjoyed the book overall. The author is certainly imaginative and can really create a new world. I enjoyed the Christian elements and much of the thought put behind the symbolism. It's also nice to read a fantasy book that isn't full of dark creatures.

There were, however, a few grammatical errors and not all of the passages flowed smoothly. With a bit more practice and editing though, I think this could really be a fantastic author. I would certainly read more of her work after reading this b
Jennifer Wardrip
May 11, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it liked it
Reviewed by Sally Kruger aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

The story begins when a young girl is brought to the home of two Brazilian missionaries. Doc Miller and his wife, Ruth, live in the jungles of Brazil. They run a hospital and attempt to take care of the local natives, and although the doctor and his wife never feel welcome, they still offer what services they can.

Things change on the night that a tall stranger arrives carrying an injured girl dressed in tattered clothes. The strang
Emily-Jane Orford
Outstanding - a real Narnia experience.
Diana
"The Pillar of Light: The Milana Legends, #1" is presented as a Christian fiction series for middle grades. There is clearly an attempt to create a modern version of fantasy/allegory that elevates virtues of courage, faith, and so on, similar to "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe." This classification could be stretched to young adults (see my reasoning later in this review), and parents of younger middle graders might want to read the book themselves before putting it in front of their stud ...more
Valicity Garris
As a Christian author myself, I’m always on the prowl for another Christian fantasy or other adventurous fiction. So I was pleasantly pleased when author Anna Travis approached me for a review.

The Pillar of Light is a Christian fantasy that focuses on the message of forgiveness and redemption, two of the most basic pillars of the Christian faith. I thought that alone was a cool play on the faith, books with a message are tough to find these days but ones with a firm Christian message is even ra
Anna Travis
Oct 04, 2015 Anna Travis added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids, teens, Narnia fans
Recommended to Anna by: http://annatraviswrites.weebly.com/
I'm not going to give a rating to this book, because I wrote it, and that would be lame!

Instead I'd like to share why I wrote it.

My absolute favorite books growing up were The Chronicles of Narnia. I was totally dumbfounded when I found out that C.S. Lewis had long since gone on to Aslan's Country, and there wouldn't be any more! To compensate I used to spend much of my time in the woods, pretending I had found another world of my own.

I started writing The Milana Legends when my husband and I
Heidi R Johnson
Jul 09, 2016 Heidi R Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so pleasantly surprised by this book! It's a Christian Fantasy geared toward young readers, but it captured and held my attention through the whole thing! Anna is a wonderful story teller, I couldn't put this book down!
Denise Rust
Denise Rust rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2017
Joyce
Joyce rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Desaray
Desaray rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Richard Jeffreys
Richard Jeffreys rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Glenn Nichols
Glenn Nichols rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Reed A. Hendricks
Reed A. Hendricks rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it did not like it
Mar 11, 2011
Matthew Reed
Matthew Reed rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2017
Brandy Uplegger
Brandy Uplegger rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Star Hopkins
Star Hopkins rated it did not like it
Apr 10, 2016
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Kim Morrison
Kim Morrison rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2017
Gregg
Gregg rated it it was ok
Feb 17, 2016
Faye Parham Harris
Faye Parham Harris rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2016
Jarred
Jarred rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2016
laurie moore
laurie moore rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2016
alby varghese
alby varghese rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2016
barbara bozeman
barbara bozeman rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Slhanley
Slhanley rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2017
Sai Harsha
Sai Harsha rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Shannon Granade
Shannon Granade rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Miriam Gamble
Feb 10, 2016 Miriam Gamble rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't the best. Too fast paced.
Willing To Review...: 5th - 8th grade fantasy 2 9 Jun 10, 2015 12:14PM
I love to write about fantastic worlds where young characters choose to place a high value on courage, loyalty, freedom, and faith.

I'm also a skill collector. This might be due to my short attention span???

Short list: riding, knitting, animal husbandry, sketching, medieval tailoring, archery, hiking, whittling, repelling, rock climbing, giving birth, swimming, diving, snorkeling, sailing, growing
More about Anna Travis...