Start by marking “Heroes Arise” as Want to Read:
Heroes Arise

Heroes Arise

Heroes Arise is a modern parable about timeless ideals: The pursuit of honor and justice, and the right to love and family. In an era when definitions of terrorism and heroism can seem fickle and where honor may be capricious, Laurel Anne Hill gives readers a story of great insight and inspiration.
Published October 1st 2007 by Komenar Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Heroes Arise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heroes Arise

Lady Ozma
Apr 28, 2008 Lady Ozma rated it it was amazing
As a debut novel, this really impressed me. The author was very descriptive and shows a very well thought out world and society. I love the lessons the characters learn in this story as well.

I rated it five stars because it was just absolutely a stunning first novel. I plan to recommend to many. If you were thinking about reading this one, please don't hesitate any longer.

There's no where for me to mark this with stars, but i wanted to say the artwork was impressive. This had a few drawings th
Wendy Walter
Dec 05, 2012 Wendy Walter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I love a story which takes me to another place entirely yet keeps me engaged with the characters, despite the fact that they are truly alien creatures. Heroes Arise does this masterfully.I had a great time imagining the main character's lives, what they ate, how they moved. I enjoyed the book thoroughly and highly recommend it.
GUD Magazine
In her debut novel, Laurel Anne Hill explores young adult fiction of the fantasy genre. She creates a world where savagery and revenge are commonplace, and where the Kren (who seem to be a lizard or reptilian-like tribe) are nomadic warriors who wander in the desert, trading, while protecting their customs and mythology from outsiders.

The protagonist, Gundack, is a tribal leader whose wife has been murdered by the Tarr, a splinter group of Kren who are a mountain-dwelling people. According to th
Ann Dulhanty
Jul 25, 2016 Ann Dulhanty rated it liked it
I'd rate this 3.5/5. I enjoyed this story with it's simple, straight-forward portrait of an alien race. The world was well thought out, although a little more rational for the monstrous insects and micro-organisms would make it more credible. The plot is gripping and the book is very readable - a refreshingly simple plot arc with interesting characters. All the more interesting because they weren't entirely loveable or hatable, but I still wanted to know what motivated them and what would happen ...more
Anabertha Ramirez
Mar 14, 2013 Anabertha Ramirez rated it it was amazing
You really haven't read a book until this one. This one will take you to another world. If you loved the movie Avatar because it was unique then you'll love this one. Spoiler- two men are in a quest for love, honor and redemption. Please read!
Shauna
Nov 15, 2009 Shauna rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: sf readers who like good worldbuilding
How refreshing to read a science fiction book with truly alien aliens that have been well thought out by the author.
Victoria Waddle
Victoria Waddle rated it really liked it
May 25, 2015
Kaitlin
Kaitlin rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2011
Chadwick Saxelid
Chadwick Saxelid rated it liked it
May 26, 2014
Xysea
Xysea rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2009
Ed Miracle
Ed Miracle rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2012
Marlene
Marlene rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2009
Lynne Cantwell
Lynne Cantwell rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2012
Gerri Balter
Gerri Balter rated it did not like it
Jun 09, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2011
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2012
Melanie Karsak
Melanie Karsak marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Andrew
Andrew added it
Sep 13, 2013
xina ramirez
xina ramirez marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Jess Honey
Jess Honey marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Karla
Karla added it
May 28, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Trimid Lanns
Trimid Lanns marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Carlos Baeza
Carlos Baeza marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2017
LAUREL ANNE HILL grew up in San Francisco, with more dreams of adventure than good sense or money. Her close brushes with death, love of family, respect for honor and belief in a higher power continue to influence her writing and life.
KOMENAR Publishing released Heroes Arise, Laurels debut parable, in October 2007. Her shorter fiction and creative nonfiction have been published in the Contra Costa
More about Laurel Anne Hill...