Start by marking “Heroes Arise” as Want to Read:
Heroes Arise

Heroes Arise

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Heroes Arise is a modern parable about timeless ideals: The pursuit of honor and justice, and the right to love and family. In an era when definitions of terrorism and heroism can seem fickle and where honor may be capricious, Laurel Anne Hill gives readers a story of great insight and inspiration.
Published October 1st 2007 by Komenar Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Heroes Arise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heroes Arise

Lady Ozma
As a debut novel, this really impressed me. The author was very descriptive and shows a very well thought out world and society. I love the lessons the characters learn in this story as well.

I rated it five stars because it was just absolutely a stunning first novel. I plan to recommend to many. If you were thinking about reading this one, please don't hesitate any longer.

There's no where for me to mark this with stars, but i wanted to say the artwork was impressive. This had a few drawings th...more
Wendy Walter
I love a story which takes me to another place entirely yet keeps me engaged with the characters, despite the fact that they are truly alien creatures. Heroes Arise does this masterfully.I had a great time imagining the main character's lives, what they ate, how they moved. I enjoyed the book thoroughly and highly recommend it.
GUD Magazine
In her debut novel, Laurel Anne Hill explores young adult fiction of the fantasy genre. She creates a world where savagery and revenge are commonplace, and where the Kren (who seem to be a lizard or reptilian-like tribe) are nomadic warriors who wander in the desert, trading, while protecting their customs and mythology from outsiders.

The protagonist, Gundack, is a tribal leader whose wife has been murdered by the Tarr, a splinter group of Kren who are a mountain-dwelling people. According to th...more
Anabertha Ramirez
You really haven't read a book until this one. This one will take you to another world. If you loved the movie Avatar because it was unique then you'll love this one. Spoiler- two men are in a quest for love, honor and redemption. Please read!
Shauna
Nov 15, 2009 Shauna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sf readers who like good worldbuilding
How refreshing to read a science fiction book with truly alien aliens that have been well thought out by the author.
xina ramirez
xina ramirez marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Andrew
Andrew added it
Sep 13, 2013
Melanie Karsak
Melanie Karsak marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2012
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2011
LAUREL ANNE HILL grew up in San Francisco, with more dreams of adventure than good sense or money. Her close brushes with death, love of family, respect for honor and belief in a higher power continue to influence her writing and life.
KOMENAR Publishing released Heroes Arise, Laurels debut parable, in October 2007. Her shorter fiction and creative nonfiction have been published in the Contra Costa...more
More about Laurel Anne Hill...
Shanghai Steam Spells and Swashbucklers Horrible Disasters