Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles: The Golden One

Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles: The Golden One (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles #1)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  282 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Here is an epic set in a far distant universe--a saga of faraway planets and of races strange and more fantastic than an ever seen on our world. Yet their struggles are universal: for justice, for freedom, for peace. "Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles" is a sweeping adventure that will transport you to another time, and to another place, where a legend is about to be born.
Published February 1st 1998 by Berkley Books (first published February 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucasfilm's Alien Chronicles

Deb
This was one of those audiobooks that I picked up just because it was real different than what I usually read and because I love the Star Wars movies. Very pleasantly surprised and a fun listen. I wasn't sure about it at first as it plays off more like a radio show. But I got into the characters and now I want to find out what happens to the Aaroun (a cat like creature) called Ampris.

Note: This was a book that I received from a member at
Bookcrossing.com

Jaime
I originally purchased this as an audio book to share with my husband, who doesn't like to read. The audio production was excellent, with a full cast. So why do I have the paperback? Simple, the publisher issued volumes 1 and 2 in audio, but never released volume 3! I have a few colorful words to say about that, but will stick the reviewing the novel. The story was so good I had to buy the paperbacks to get the conclusion. This is a wonderful space opera. All the races/peoples in the trilogy are...more
Katie
I love this whole series. I read it back when it first came out in '98 and it pulled me in. I have to say, as much as I love Ampris and the relationship between her and Elrabin, my favorite parts to read were about Israi and the watching the Viis empire slowly crumbling around them.

The Golden One is the start of Ampris' tale, from her birth, being ripped from her mother then adopted by Israi, the sri-Kaa of the Viis empire until she is ripped away from that.

This book will suck you right in with...more
T J
Stolen at birth from her mother and sold to the Viis princess. Apris the Aaroun is kept and raised as a pet. Her adventure begins when the Princess Kaa pulls a dangerous prank and is punished by being sold to uncaring Viis. It is a interesting series worth reading.
Kammera Rice
this Series, while I give each book a "four" separately, rates a solid 5 as a set. Deborah Chester continues her quality writing through each book. Don't let the hokey titles throw you off. She writes believable characters and story lines and pleasantly surprises you. Although, I was a bit embarrassed to run around to bookstores asking for "The Crimson Claw!"
Katy Lavallee
Epic trilogy. Strong female lead with no romantic interest. Strong female villain too. Fascinating alien cultures. Classic storyline. Also a good buddy story. Themes of slavery, servitude, gladiatorial games, violence, friendship, betrayal, escape, exodus, survival, mad science experiments, and a society fallen into decadence.
O.
I never realize what a scifi lover I am until I start reading a good one. I liked this book very much. After I finished it I went looking for book 2 of the series.

In a universe very different from ours, races struggle for justice and freedom. It may sound like many others but it is quite unique from others I've read.
Samantha Warren
May 03, 2011 Samantha Warren rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: influences
I think the Alien Chronicles may well be my favorite series ever, even though I always forget about them until I see them sitting on my shelf. These books are extremely well written and Ampris and Elrabin are two of the most enjoyable characters I've ever experienced.
SpiralPup
I loved this book mainly because it gave animals personalities...it really made you care about them. Too often (in America especially, I think) do people discount animals; they are there for consumption, for use, and they don't have feelings. Which is just bullshit.
Samara Gagne
Fast-paced, heart-wrenching and all encompassing. You will lose yourself in these three books. They will linger in your mind and heart for a great while after reading. One of the few books I haven't given away after reading.
Kalvin Debusk
This book is amazing to me, it teaches courage and honor and the simplicity of young life. while on the other end of the spectrum it teaches how frail life can be but how courages one can be. My second favorite series
Kim
Michelle E. Kobus
My first sci-fi novel at 13. I re-read it in 2010, 10 yrs later, with the other two books in the series and I love it just as much.
Nikki Kelly
Awesome sci-fi story with a very emotional side to it. I love the characters and the creatures are quite unique
Linda Lahti milne
Couldn't get thru this... I guess I thought it was a Star Wars book??? NOT.
Kadja Draenor
Enjoyable and unique, but not really all that great or memorable.
Ally
It was okay and I can't wait to read the next one!
Anna E
Anna E marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Kelso
Kelso marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Kelley Ceccato
Kelley Ceccato marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Laura Costa
Laura Costa marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
CrimsonFlamez
CrimsonFlamez marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Jiminyjickers
Jiminyjickers marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
  • Manta's Gift
  • Runaway Heart
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Quandary Phase (Hitchhiker's Guide: Radio Play, #4)
  • Higher Education
  • The Grail (Area 51, #5)
  • The Dragon and The Djinn
  • Forge of Heaven (The Gene Wars, Book 2)
  • Firebird Trilogy (#1 - 3)
  • The Stars Down Under (The Outback Stars #2)
  • A Thousand Words for Stranger (Trade Pact Universe, #1)
  • Robotech: The Macross Saga: Battle Cry (Robotech #1-3)
  • A Confederation of Valor (Confederation, #1-2)
  • Turning Point (Sholan Alliance, #1)
  • Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve
  • Fallen Host (LINK Angel, #2)
  • An Alien Light
  • The Hollowing (Mythago Wood, #4)
The internationally published, award-winning author of over 30 novels, Deborah Chester has written Regency romances, historical romances, young adult, science fiction, and fantasy. She is a tenured professor of professional writing in the Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Oklahoma, where she teaches novel and short story writing.
She holds a B.A. with Genera...more
More about Deborah Chester...
The Sword (The Sword, the Ring, and the Chalice, #1) The Chalice (The Sword, the Ring, and the Chalice, #3) The Ring (The Sword, the Ring, and the Chalice, #2) The Crimson Claw (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles, #2) The Crystal Eye (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles, #3)