Start by marking “Sir Thursday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sir Thursday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #4)

Sir Thursday (The Keys to the Kingdom #4)

3.94  ·  Rating Details ·  18,246 Ratings  ·  305 Reviews
On the first day, there was mystery. On the second day, there was darkness. On the third day, there were pirates. On the fourth day, there was war.

It's Thursday. Following their adventure on the Border Sea, Arthur and Leaf are set on heading home. But only Leaf can make it through the Front Door. Arthur is blocked because someone–or something–has assumed his identity and
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published March 9th 2010 by Listening Library (Audio) (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sir Thursday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sir Thursday

Qing
Jan 14, 2011 Qing rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
What I didn't realise in the previous Keys to the Kingdom books was that each Trustee (or Morrow Days - I think, I don't know, it's been so long since the last book and even back then, I may have no idea haha) also represents one of the seven deadly sins... until this book anyway. (Though Wikipedia says that they are "afflicted" - curious choice of word, obviously I've missed something important =P) It was a bit of an *enlightened* ooooh moment for me when I found out hehe

So... Mister Monday was
Bettie☯
Peyton
Jun 10, 2017 Peyton rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy, adventure
I wasn't expecting a more militaristic book but there you have it. Another good adventure story with ever building stakes for Arthur. Leaf was delightful as always.
Jaemi
This might be the best in the series yet. Action packed, quick-paced, shifting viewpoints and parallel stories--I hardly put it down!

We begin with Arthur desperately trying to get home, after Wednesday's adventures, only to find that he can't get through the Front Door. As it turns out, this happens to be the least of his problems. Reluctantly he sets off back into the house with his ever-growing staff to hold a meeting.

Not long into said meeting, his earthly friend Leaf is sent back home to try
Barbara ★
I just cannot say enough good things about this series. I absolutely love the creativity of Garth Nix. Some of the stuff he comes up with is simply brilliant. In this one, I particularly like the tectonic plates strategy. How very clever and original.

Once again Arthur Penhaligan is wrapped up in the difficulties with the house and wresting the keys from the bad trustees. This time Sir Thursday gets his crack at Arthur and his allies. Sir Thursday is in charge of the Architect's army and once Art
Zoe
Re-read (for the third time) in January 2017.

My re-read of this series continues. I won’t be giving a super long review of this book since my thoughts on it are basically the same as my thoughts on the rest of this series. I personally think that this book has the strongest plot of any of the books so far in the series, mostly because it’s the first book that follows a character other than Arthur for a significant portion of time. In my opinion, the two POVs make the story more interesting.

My ma
Sheila Ruth
Jun 28, 2009 Sheila Ruth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantasy Literature
By now the basic premise of Garth Nix's seven-part The Keys to the Kingdom series is well established. Arthur Penhaligon has been thrown into an extraordinary world: the epicenter of the universe, known as "the House". Ruled by the treacherous Morrow Days (named after the days of the week and each personifying one of the seven deadly sins: Mister Monday/sloth; Grim Tuesday/greed; Drowned Wednesday/gluttony and now Sir Thursday who appears to be pride), Arthur has been given the task of reassembl ...more
Micah Grant
Feb 08, 2017 Micah Grant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
"I'm just following orders" is probably the worst reason to do something you may not agree with. Authority must be used wisely, and should never be mistaken for knowledge or wisdom.
Ragan
Feb 14, 2009 Ragan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On his way back to the secondary relm Arthur calls home (namely earth) Arthur is drafted into the military doomed to serve the required 100 years, unless he can recover the 4th part of the will and the keys from Sir Thursday. Another fun book with lots of wit and adventure.
Jo Woolfardis
[Short review from memory until I re-read and re-review at a later date:

I'm more curious about only three stars. I recall the plot slightly, but the series as a whole was enjoyable. Might've been one of those that was good but dragged. We shall see.]
Mikayla
Aug 22, 2014 Mikayla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read all of the books in the series and it's pretty awesome.
Aisha
Jun 20, 2015 Aisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I really. liked this book I recommend this to everyone
Kathryn Ryder
May 13, 2017 Kathryn Ryder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, book-shelf
Garth Nix's ability to create fantastic worlds and interesting characters is brilliant. However, I find the books lack as much tension as i would like. But I'm enjoying the intricacies of the overall plot and the politics between the positions of power. Arthur's character has developed a lot over the series, I cant wait to find out what he decides to do.
Gail
Jan 22, 2017 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listened to this book. Loving the series and especially the add on characters. Sylvie the elderly pensioner was a gem!!! It's little details like that that make me love these books even more with every one in the series!
Hannes Delbeke
May 30, 2017 Hannes Delbeke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
well written, entertaining and weird in a good way.
story reads very quick
Theresa
Jun 17, 2017 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The world building in these books just keeps getting more interesting
Marit
May 11, 2017 Marit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was more exciting than the three previous books combined xd
Hannah
Oct 28, 2012 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time I've finished one of the novels in this series, I've thought, "This was better than the last!" And since I'm 4/7 of the way through Keys to the Kingdom, I figured I'd review the series up to this point, especially since "Sir Thursday" feels like a major turning point in the direction of the story.

Keys to the Kingdom is a series about a 12-year-old boy, Arthur Penhaligon, who is somewhat accidentally chosen as the heir to what basically amounts to as the entire universe (obviously ther
Ngoc
Better than Wednesday. Thursday was a great character. Or at least described and developed well. On to Friday.
Wealhtheow
Feb 01, 2012 Wealhtheow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya
Arthur Penhaligan is just a mortal boy, but a Trustee's plot backfired and he was declared the Rightful Heir to the Architect's Will. Although he himself has no magical power or physical abilities (particularly compared to the angelic Denizens), Arthur has managed to secure three out of the seven parts of the Will through good sense, hard work and a little help from the Will. But the remaining Trustees (also known as Morrow Days, each particularly powerful on their day of the week) are each stro ...more
Jaemi

Not long into said meeting, his earthly friend Leaf is sent back home to try
Karyn Mitchell
Feb 27, 2017 Karyn Mitchell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this book started off slow, but boy did the ending have need hooked! a great continuation to this series.
Anne Hamilton
As I was writing up Drowned Wednesday, I realised with a jolt that each of the Trustees faced by Arthur represents one of the seven deadly sins. Ok, I know - a bit slow of me - and I was pleased to see this guess confirmed by lots of info around the web.

So, it was with some anticipation I wondered who Sir Thursday would symbolise. Would it be pride, envy or wrath? As it transpired it was the latter.

Sir Thursday's demense is in the Great Maze: a massive chessboard-like warzone in which the many
M.C. Crocker
Jul 16, 2015 M.C. Crocker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After slugging through the previous book in the series Drowned Wednesday I admit I was a little exited to read this book. I knew the cover enticed me from the first time I saw it years ago but I had never managed to get through the book before it to get to this place, and really I’m glad I finally made it through the 3 out of 5 stars that is Drowned Wednesday to get to this book. It was incredible and it kept my attention and had me excited and constantly wondering while I wasn’t reading – what ...more
Ea Solinas
Apr 30, 2011 Ea Solinas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Arthur Penhaligon's week just keeps getting worse. The Keys of the Kingdom series hits a turning point in the fourth book, "Sir Thursday." People are killed, new creatures appear, and Arthur finds himself in a lethal power struggle with the Morrow Days. Garth Nix is in fine form in this book, one of the best of the series, and it only promises to get better.

When Arthur and Leaf try to return to Earth, they are stopped by Dame Primus -- it seems that a Spirit-Eater (the Skinless Boy) has taken Ar
06codym
Jan 09, 2012 06codym rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keys to the Kingdom: Sir Thursday

Garth Nix

Arthur finally realizes that the only way he will go back to having a normal life is if he obtains all of the keys from all of the seven trustees and hands the power over to Dame Primus. So he is just barely back after taking care of drowned wednesday and is in a meeting with all the main dudes of his rule. Then when he tries to go home he can't because there is a replacement of him in his world. So they all come to an agreement and Leaf is going to go b
Arminzerella
Wendy
Feb 19, 2017 Wendy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rated the book a three because it's lengthy and mostly uninteresting with only a few parts worth reading. The ending was unsurprising and abrupt, the characters were unsociable and there were no personal connections to be made with the story. The book was confusing and makes little sense if you haven't read the first, and seems like a continuation for other books in the trilogy. Unless you enjoy the first book or the author, I don't recommend the book to casual readers.
Karissa
Dec 30, 2010 Karissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth book in the Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix. I think this is easily the best book in the series so far.

Arthur is anxious to return back to his own world when he finds out about the presence of the Skinless Boy. He finds he is unable to return to his world and has been drafted into Sir Thursday's Army. Arthur is also very concerned about the magical contamination he has received from using the keys. If he gets too much magical contamination he will turn into a Denizen a
The Ultimate ABC ...: Sir Thursday by Garth Nix 1 1 Mar 14, 2012 05:40AM
  • Lamplighter (Monster Blood Tattoo, #2)
  • Silvertongue (Stoneheart Trilogy, #3)
  • Forging the Sword (The Farsala Trilogy, #3)
  • The Never War (Pendragon, #3)
  • Rowan and the Keeper of the Crystal (Rowan of Rin, #3)
  • The Purple Emperor (The Faerie Wars Chronicles, #2)
  • Charlie Bone and the Beast (The Children of the Red King, #6)
  • A Plague of Bogles (City of Orphans, #2)
  • The Edge Chronicles 9: Freeglader: Third Book of Rook
  • Master of the Books
  • Necropolis (The Gatekeepers, #4)
  • The Eternal Flame (Merlin Saga, #11)
Garth Nix was born in 1963 in Melbourne, Australia, to the sound of the Salvation Army band outside playing 'Hail the Conquering Hero Comes' or possibly 'Roll Out the Barrel'. Garth left Melbourne at an early age for Canberra (the federal capital) and stayed there till he was nineteen, when he left to drive around the UK in a beat-up Austin with a boot full of books and a Silver-Reed typewriter.

De
More about Garth Nix...

The Keys to the Kingdom (7 books)
  • Mister Monday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #1)
  • Grim Tuesday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #2)
  • Drowned Wednesday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #3)
  • Lady Friday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #5)
  • Superior Saturday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #6)
  • Lord Sunday (The Keys to the Kingdom, #7)

“My parents are going to kill me!"
"That seems rather harsh...”
189 likes
“You are an adventurer!" exclaimed Sylvie. She tore herself away from the window and handed the glasses back to her. "But I suppose that could work. Only, what will happen afterwards?"
'I was planning to worry about afterwards when there is an afterwards," replied Leaf. "And I'm not an adventurer. At least not by choice. I've done that once and learned my lesson. No more adventures without knowing what I'm getting into."
"They wouldn't be adventures, then," said Sylvie.”
13 likes