Start by marking “Meow is for Murder (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
Meow is for Murder (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #4)

Meow is for Murder (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #4)

Another purr-fect Pet Sitting mystery.

The last thing pet-sitter Kendra Ballantyne wants is to start a catfight with her boyfriend's ex-wife, Amanda. So she agrees to help when Amanda's stalker turns up dead in her home-but only if Amanda will take her claws out of her ex for good.
Published February 6th 2007 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Meow is for Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meow is for Murder

Nola Arganbright
Nov 10, 2013 Nola Arganbright rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
A fun cozy mystery for pet lovers. Kendra Ballantyne is a murder magnet, lawyer and pet sitter. She reluctantly takes on a sitting job for new boyfriend Jeff's ex-wife. Amanda the ex has a stalker and he ends up Dead. Kendra, with the help of her client's Bengal cat's, sets out to solve the case, rid Jeff of Amanda and take care of business too
I enjoyed the book and characters. The book is well written and filled with twists and turns.
Lynn Demsky
Jul 17, 2012 Lynn Demsky rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all of Linda O. Johnston's books that I've read so far and this was no exception. I really enjoy how she takes pleasure in her pets, defends them and takes care of them well and sticks her nose into other people's business when they're not taking care of their own pet. A person that cares makes a lovely story! Plus in reading her books I find out about other pets besides just dogs and cats! I always look for more books by her!
Kelly Berkson
Jul 19, 2013 Kelly Berkson rated it it was ok
Meh. I zoomed through the first 4 in this series, but I don't think I can stomach another. I love cheesy mysteries, but these are getting sooo formulaic and boring. The main character has become boring. Wayyyyy too much exposition, and way too little character development. Everyone in this is a caricature. I'm done with this author.
Flissy
Nov 13, 2009 Flissy rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: unparticular pet lovers
Recommended to Flissy by: Jax Beach Library
Shelves: 2009
This book was terrible. Johnston seems to be completely out of touch with reality. The writing was forced, the characters were annoying and poorly developed, and the plot was weak at best. I love animals and I don't mind light and fluffy fiction, but still, this makes The Cat Who... series look like Pulitzer material.
Melanie
Aug 28, 2011 Melanie rated it it was ok
Hmmm...I read this a few years ago and really liked the Kendra series, but in re-reading this story, I found I didn't really like Kendra as a person all that much. Too much drama, I think.
Julie H.
Nov 17, 2012 Julie H. rated it liked it
The mystery part was the best in the series so far, with the proviso that I haven't yet read the book that precedes Meow is for Murder. In that regard, things are definitely looking up.

As a somewhat close reader and pet-lover, I do have a couple of questions, however. First, why are the oh-so-annoying Amanda's cats (she's the annoying one, not her cats) the first cats to be afforded names in this series? Second, on p. 181 why does Kendra reshower after returning from dinner which was preceded by
Dharia Scarab
This book was definitely better than the first, but the main character is annoying and her "boyfriend" is a moron.

3 stars... This book was ok, but I won
Jenn
Sep 27, 2016 Jenn rated it liked it
Eh, this one was readable enough, but I feel like the writing has gotten worse. There's a point in the first half of the book where Kendra makes a deal, even writing up a contract, after the ex-wife comes to her for help. What the ex-wife ACTUALLY asks for is for Kendra to consult with the ex-wife's lawyer to agree on a good attorney to represent her in case she's charged with the murder. What Kendra actually writes up into a contract is that she'll help the ex clear her name. It really came off ...more
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Aug 14, 2007 Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews rated it really liked it
I accidently read this before I read the 3rd book but it was good and while I felt like something was missing (because it is in the book I skipped over) I didn't feel like I missed out on much.

Kendra is practicing law again but trying to do more dispute resolution and trying to avoid the courts if possible. It seems to be working! This time, her boyfriend's ex-wife finds her stalker's dead body in her house while Kendra is housesitting and assumes Kendra did it and then connives her way into get
Christine
Aug 25, 2008 Christine rated it liked it
The Petsitter Mysteries are fun and cute, and I do like them, but I've gotta say...she should probably leave the pseudo-sex out of them. I don't know how everyone else feels, but her phone sex skills are not so great. "I'll be sleeping in the nude tonight, thinking about you?" Um....no. But, aside from those cringe-worthy interludes, the rest of the books are usually well worth a read.
Janet Windeguth
Sep 24, 2011 Janet Windeguth rated it liked it
One of my favorite things about this series is the pet-sitting scenes. No matter how tied up Kendra gets in lawyer or crime business, Johnston always gives equal time to the animals. The cats’ mouse antics, especially, cracked me up.
Anne-Kathrine
Enjoyed this book quite a bit and didnt realize who the murder was until reveiled :) Looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
Hope
Aug 26, 2013 Hope rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, 2013
This is a cute cozy mystery! As usual I had no idea who did it and truly enjoyed the wrap up at the end! ;-) A fun, quick read.
Kim
Jun 15, 2013 Kim rated it did not like it
Shelves: funny-mysteries
Back to the kennel...I mean library with this one.
Susan
Dec 29, 2007 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
A light read and since I like murder mysteries and pets it is right up my alley. I'll definitely look up her other books.
Anna Davenport
An easy and enjoyable read but my problem was that I had the killer pegged in the first 50 pages. Perhaps I've read too many of this kind of book...
Debbie
Jan 17, 2013 Debbie rated it liked it
Shelves: mind-candy
Enjoyable for a walking book - didn't spend half the book already knowing "who done it" - but not quite up to Agatha Christie standard :-)
Hope
Aug 26, 2013 Hope rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, 2013
colleen
Nov 11, 2007 colleen rated it really liked it
Shelves: scpl, mystery
read 06.25.07
Sheri
Sheri rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2007
Cheryl Taylor garant
Cheryl Taylor garant rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2017
Amber Prince
Amber Prince rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Mary-Ann Maronski
Mary-Ann Maronski rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2009
Lucy Hanna
Lucy Hanna rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was ok
Jul 23, 2010
Sunsettowers
Sunsettowers rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Cheryl Scoledge
Cheryl Scoledge rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2014
Bellajolie
Bellajolie rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2011
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Murder on a Hot Tin Roof (Paige Turner, #4)
  • Fashion Faux Paw (Dog Walker Mysteries, #6)
  • Pretty in Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #2)
  • The PMS Murder (A Jaine Austen Mystery #5)
  • A Rose from the Dead (A Flower Shop Mysteries, #6)
  • Murder Has a Sweet Tooth (A Cooking Class Mystery, #5)
  • Get Fluffy (Pampered Pets Mystery #2)
  • Death of a Dog Whisperer (A Melanie Travis Mystery, #17)
  • Putting On The Dog (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #2)
  • Killer Tails: 8 Pawsome Cat & Dog Cozy Mysteries by 8 Bestselling Authors
  • Dying to Call You (Dead-End Job Mystery, #3)
  • Dial C For Chihuahua (Barking Detective #1)
  • How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)
  • Gaits of Heaven (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #17)
Linda O. Johnston's first published fiction appeared in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine and won the Robert L. Fish Memorial Award for Best First Mystery Short Story of the Year. Since then, Linda has had more short stories and novellas published, plus, by the end of 2015, she will have had forty-one novels published, including mysteries and romance.

Linda currently writes two cozy mystery series f
More about Linda O. Johnston...

Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery (9 books)
  • Sit, Stay, Slay (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #1)
  • Nothing to Fear But Ferrets (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-sitter Mystery, #2)
  • Fine-Feathered Death (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-sitter Mystery, #3)
  • The Fright of the Iguana (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #5)
  • Double Dog Dare (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #6)
  • Never Say Sty (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #7)
  • Howl Deadly (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #8)
  • Feline Fatale (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #9)