Meow is for Murder (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #4)

Meow is for Murder (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #4)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Another purr-fect Pet Sitting mystery.

The last thing pet-sitter Kendra Ballantyne wants is to start a catfight with her boyfriend's ex-wife, Amanda. So she agrees to help when Amanda's stalker turns up dead in her home-but only if Amanda will take her claws out of her ex for good.

Published February 6th 2007 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Meow is for Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meow is for Murder

The Law of Attraction by N.M.  SilberA Dead Husband by Anna Celeste BurkeLife is a Circus Run by a Platypus by Allison HawnThe Spellman Files by Lisa LutzDead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
If you like books by Janet Evanovich, you may also like...
269th out of 302 books — 446 voters
Treating Murder by Gabrielle BlackA Cold Day For Murder by Dana StabenowMurder on the Mind by L.L. BartlettWho Killed Bobby? by Shane O'SullivanFatal Journey by Eroline O'Keeffe
Murder
14th out of 66 books — 70 voters

More lists with this book...

Lynn Demsky
I have enjoyed all of Linda O. Johnston's books that I've read so far and this was no exception. I really enjoy how she takes pleasure in her pets, defends them and takes care of them well and sticks her nose into other people's business when they're not taking care of their own pet. A person that cares makes a lovely story! Plus in reading her books I find out about other pets besides just dogs and cats! I always look for more books by her!
Nola Arganbright
A fun cozy mystery for pet lovers. Kendra Ballantyne is a murder magnet, lawyer and pet sitter. She reluctantly takes on a sitting job for new boyfriend Jeff's ex-wife. Amanda the ex has a stalker and he ends up Dead. Kendra, with the help of her client's Bengal cat's, sets out to solve the case, rid Jeff of Amanda and take care of business too
I enjoyed the book and characters. The book is well written and filled with twists and turns.
Kelly Berkson
Meh. I zoomed through the first 4 in this series, but I don't think I can stomach another. I love cheesy mysteries, but these are getting sooo formulaic and boring. The main character has become boring. Wayyyyy too much exposition, and way too little character development. Everyone in this is a caricature. I'm done with this author.
Melanie
Hmmm...I read this a few years ago and really liked the Kendra series, but in re-reading this story, I found I didn't really like Kendra as a person all that much. Too much drama, I think.
Julie H.
The mystery part was the best in the series so far, with the proviso that I haven't yet read the book that precedes Meow is for Murder. In that regard, things are definitely looking up.

As a somewhat close reader and pet-lover, I do have a couple of questions, however. First, why are the oh-so-annoying Amanda's cats (she's the annoying one, not her cats) the first cats to be afforded names in this series? Second, on p. 181 why does Kendra reshower after returning from dinner which was preceded by...more
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
I accidently read this before I read the 3rd book but it was good and while I felt like something was missing (because it is in the book I skipped over) I didn't feel like I missed out on much.

Kendra is practicing law again but trying to do more dispute resolution and trying to avoid the courts if possible. It seems to be working! This time, her boyfriend's ex-wife finds her stalker's dead body in her house while Kendra is housesitting and assumes Kendra did it and then connives her way into get...more
Christine
The Petsitter Mysteries are fun and cute, and I do like them, but I've gotta say...she should probably leave the pseudo-sex out of them. I don't know how everyone else feels, but her phone sex skills are not so great. "I'll be sleeping in the nude tonight, thinking about you?" Um....no. But, aside from those cringe-worthy interludes, the rest of the books are usually well worth a read.
Flissy
Nov 13, 2009 Flissy rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: unparticular pet lovers
Recommended to Flissy by: Jax Beach Library
Shelves: 2009
This book was terrible. Johnston seems to be completely out of touch with reality. The writing was forced, the characters were annoying and poorly developed, and the plot was weak at best. I love animals and I don't mind light and fluffy fiction, but still, this makes The Cat Who... series look like Pulitzer material.
Janet
One of my favorite things about this series is the pet-sitting scenes. No matter how tied up Kendra gets in lawyer or crime business, Johnston always gives equal time to the animals. The cats’ mouse antics, especially, cracked me up.
Anne-Kathrine
Enjoyed this book quite a bit and didnt realize who the murder was until reveiled :) Looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
Anna Rowe
An easy and enjoyable read but my problem was that I had the killer pegged in the first 50 pages. Perhaps I've read too many of this kind of book...
Debbie
Enjoyable for a walking book - didn't spend half the book already knowing "who done it" - but not quite up to Agatha Christie standard :-)
Hope
This is a cute cozy mystery! As usual I had no idea who did it and truly enjoyed the wrap up at the end! ;-) A fun, quick read.
Hope
Susan
A light read and since I like murder mysteries and pets it is right up my alley. I'll definitely look up her other books.
Kim
Back to the kennel...I mean library with this one.
colleen
read 06.25.07
Allison Rasa
Allison Rasa marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Rowan123
Rowan123 marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Estelle Landry
Estelle Landry marked it as to-read
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Mon
Mon added it
Aug 21, 2014
  • Get Fluffy (Pampered Pets Mystery #2)
  • Murder Has a Sweet Tooth (A Cooking Class Mystery, #5)
  • Fashion Faux Paw (Dog Walker Mysteries, #6)
  • Once Bitten (Melanie Travis, #8)
  • Killer Cuts (Dead-End Job Mystery, #8)
  • Dearly Depotted (A Flower Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Shoes To Die For (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #4)
  • How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)
  • Driven to Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #3)
  • The Cat, the Lady and the Liar (A Cats in Trouble Mystery, #3)
  • Cat in a Vegas Gold Vendetta (Midnight Louie, #23)
Linda O. Johnston's first published fiction appeared in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine and won the Robert L. Fish Memorial Award for Best First Mystery Short Story of the Year. Since then, Linda has had more short stories published, plus ten mysteries and eighteen romance novels.

Linda’s new Pet Rescue Mystery series for Berkley Prime Crime is a spinoff from her successful Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-...more
More about Linda O. Johnston...
Sit, Stay, Slay (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #1) Beaglemania (Pet Rescue Mystery, #1) Nothing to Fear But Ferrets (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-sitter Mystery, #2) Alpha Wolf (Alpha Force, #2) Fine-Feathered Death (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-sitter Mystery, #3)