Start by marking “Scandinavian Mythology” as Want to Read:
Scandinavian Mythology

Scandinavian Mythology

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  11 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
###############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################
Published December 24th 2007 by Rosen Central (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Scandinavian Mythology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scandinavian Mythology

Erin
Sep 03, 2012 Erin rated it liked it
This caught my eye in the library a few weeks ago. I've been meaning for a long time to brush up on my Norse mythology. We learned a bit of it in 8th grade, but it's all become pretty hazy over the years since then. Then when I saw this sitting out, I saw my chance and snatched it up. This book served as a decent introduction. I liked how it began by explaining a little about the life of the people who created these myths and the world they lived in. I only wish there were more here, more of eve ...more
Roy
Jan 08, 2014 Roy rated it liked it
Clearly this book is meant for younger readers than I, but it is still quite interesting. I think the author tended to jump around with the stories a bit too much expecting that his young readers would be able to remember the names of the strange gods and others. I had a hard time remembering who was who, so I doubt many kids have remembered.

Being Scandinavian by heritage, I still found this book immensely interesting. What a complex and yet fascinatingly simple culture the Norse had. Fierce wa
Brainwise
Jun 29, 2011 Brainwise rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants a very basic introduction to Scandinavian mythology.
This overview, both brief and broad in scope, is a pleasant read accompanied by several wonderful illustrations. Readers will come away with a sense of Scandinavia's place in history as well as a tiny taste of Scandinavian/Germanic cosmology. The author shares a few key myths and stories, and even provides suggestions for further reading. And all of this is done without feeling rushed or incomplete. That is quite a feat for a book with just over 60 pages.
Marita
Nov 28, 2011 Marita rated it liked it
Great pictures. Looks like a children's book, but reads like a boring school text or a report.
Charlotte Fraser
Charlotte Fraser marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Lillian
Lillian rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2013
Cody Yerden
Cody Yerden marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
Hannahlily
Hannahlily marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
Alan Yuh
Alan Yuh marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Sofia
Sofia marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2013
Aurora
Aurora rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2012
Mariam Kandiashvili
Mariam Kandiashvili rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2011
Zaknnafein
Zaknnafein is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2010
Laura rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2010
Beth Whiting
Beth Whiting rated it liked it
May 29, 2010