Start by marking “Sybil Ludington's Midnight Ride (On My Own History)” as Want to Read:
Sybil Ludington's Midnight Ride (On My Own History)

Sybil Ludington's Midnight Ride (On My Own History)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The story of Sybil Ludington's ride on horseback to rouse American soldiers to fight against the British who were attacking Danbury, Connecticut during the American Revolution.
Published September 4th 2000 by Carolrhoda Books (first published September 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Sybil Ludington's Midnight Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sybil Ludington's Midnight Ride

Dolly
Dec 02, 2009 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fascinating true story of a young woman's ride to assemble the Minutemen in order to fight back the British troops who were attacking at Danbury, Connecticut. Very similar to the story of Paul Revere, but a virtual unknown, even for me growing up in Massachusetts. I love the patriotism and bravery demonstrated by this young woman, and it is a positive story to read to our girls about what women (and girls) can do. The best part is that they enjoyed the story as well. I love it when we...more
Bee
A wonderful true story of a young woman and her long ride to bring the Minuteman to fight against the British in CT. An important read for young girls to show them that there have been strong and brave women throughout history. Great illustrations as well. Paul Revere's story may be better know, but, in my opinion, this story is more important for girls and women!
Excellent story of bravery of a young adult during early U.S. history. 1st-2nd grade reading level. One reference to "ghost" which is not critical to the story (can be skipped over if you are reading it with your child).
Fruitfulmomma
Dec 08, 2009 Fruitfulmomma rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Fruitfulmomma by: Found at library
An interesting unknown story about a young woman during the War for Independence. Sybil's father is a leader in the military and must rely on her help to get messages through to his soldiers.
Darren
Very interesting. I liked Star, her horse. I think that if we didn't have Sybil we wouldn't be here right now.
Natalia
Natalia marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
LeAm
LeAm added it
Oct 07, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Annare
Annare marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Brittany Shears
Brittany Shears marked it as to-read
Suzanne Ryan wood
Suzanne Ryan wood marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Tina Smith
Tina Smith marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Christopher Nelson
Christopher Nelson is currently reading it
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Johannah
Johannah marked it as to-read
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Horse-Riding Adventure of Sybil Ludington, Revolutionary War Messenger The Horse-Riding Adventure of Sybil Ludington, Revolutionary War Messenger (History's Kid Heroes) The History's Kid Heroes: Horse-Riding Adventure of Sybil Ludington, Revolutionary War Messenger