Cat Count

Cat Count

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A rhyming, cat-counting extravaganza, ending with a big surprise!

"I have one cat,
A fat cat, a fun cat.
I have one cat . . .
My sister has two."

Young readers will chuckle with delight as they count the cats on each rhyming page—then, in both words and numerals, add their accumulated numbers at the end of the book.
Published April 1st 2003 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published January 1st 1981)

Hannah Cobb
Delightful cartoon illustrations provide a chance for young readers to literally count the cats to come up with the correct answers to the addition problems posed in the text, but no child young enough to enjoy the pictures can add up to fifty-five! Most counting books like this end at the number ten for a reason. Maybe a truly advanced kindergartner would enjoy the math portion of the text; other young readers may be able to enjoy the accumulation of amusingly different types of cats in the ill...more
Mark
Cute cats and math--a great combination.
Yates Marie
This book is about how many cats there are. One thing that I really like about this book is the fact that the students can use the picture to help them come up with the correct number. There are the correct number of cats on each page that goes along with the number that the page is describing.
Heather
A cute and simple book that makes counting fun. Although when it gets to the pages where it adds all the cats together it was a little tedious for my 2 year old.
joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire*
not a dull counting book. features attractive and funny illustrations of cats, as well as great vocabulary and catchy phrases. my daughter loves it!
Deb
I thought this was a cute story to introduce how easy it is to add. The concept of math and reading makes the learning effortless and fun!
Kyle Baldwin
Excellent for addition. In the book, cats keep showing up and the number of cats keep adding to larger sums.
Lenna
I know...maybe I shouldn't give a counting book 4 stars, but it was really cute and the rhythm was terrific!
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Wsq
Wsq marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Evan
Evan added it
Jul 18, 2013
Judy
Judy added it
May 17, 2013
Where Is Tippy Toes? Thumpy Feet You Can Do It! Animal Snackers What's the Matter, Habibi?