Start by marking “Cinderella” as Want to Read:
Cinderella

Cinderella

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  1,216 Ratings  ·  165 Reviews
There is perhaps no better loved, no more universal story than "Cinderella." Almost every country in the world has a version of it, but the favorite of story-tellers is the French version by Charles Perrault.
Published October 28th 1998 by Troll Communications (first published 1697)

To ask other readers questions about Cinderella, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cinderella

Hannah Greendale
Cinderella lives with her cruel stepmother and stepsisters who force her to work as a servant doing menial housework. When the king's eligible son sends out invitations for a two-evening ball, Cinderella longs to go. She has nothing to wear but rags, until help arrives from an unexpected guest. With a little courage and a lot of magic, Cinderella may yet make it to the ball.

When [Cinderella] had done her work, the girl was in the habit of going into the chimney corner and sitting among the cind
Joana - Ler Com Lobos
May 10, 2015 Joana - Ler Com Lobos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: frança
So beautifuly creepy *-*

Cinderela é desde que me lembro um dos meus contos de fadas favoritos e há muito que queria ler a obra original. Mas esta foi uma leitura ainda mais especial devido a esta edição que é só a coisa mais bonita de sempre!
Está cheia de ilustrações estranhas e lindas que pretendo mostrar em breve em vídeo, provavelmente no vídeo de leituras do mês de Outubro :D

Quero muito ler o A Branca de Neve e o Alice no País das Maravilhas desta coleção! (pode ser que passe a gostar um pou
karen
Aug 01, 2008 karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kiddiwinx
gatsby-rella
Andrew
Dec 17, 2016 Andrew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was time for a slight change and so here we are. I will admit that the Everyman's Children's literary library has been a draw for me for some time every since I was given one of their titles years ago.

The thing about the series is that not only do they print beautiful books they also reproduce some of the most amazing artwork and present it in one of the seminal editions.

So when I had the chance to get a copy of Cinderella I thought why not. Now I will not give away the story even
Filipa
May 07, 2015 Filipa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O que posso eu dizer deste menino??
Eu adoro a Disney e se tivesse que escolher um favorito há um ano, iria ser uma escolha muito muito difícil, no entanto, este ano, apercebi-me que não seria assim tão difícil.... Apercebi-me que o filme da Disney, série, livro que mais vezes tinha visto e lido, era mesmo a Cinderella.
Vi adaptações em manga, vi o filme da Disney, li recentemente o livro de Julia Quinn em que vai buscar resquícios dessa mesma história para contar outra de forma fantástica e pense
Melanie (Novel Descent)
I would give this one 3.5 stars. I didn't like it as much as Camilla Rose Garcia's illustrated works in Snow White. The artwork was still stunning but some of it didn't blow me away in the same way it did with her other works. This is Charles Perrault's version of Cinderella. I think this book would've worked so much better with the Grimm version of the fairytale for Camilla's style of artwork. I would have loved to have seen what Camilla would have done with something much darker.

Overall, this
Iv
I'm disgusted at the father. He's only but a huge disappointment.
Joudy
Jun 20, 2017 Joudy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
" Remember, If you stay one instant after the last stroke of midnight, your carriage will become a pumpkin.. While you yourself will appear as humble as you did before".

Cinderella , a child unnoticed and unvalued by peers and parent-figures, discharges the household chores and is subjected to humiliating treatment of the hands of her stepmother and stepsisters, she is presented as a young woman, willing to humble herself before her domineering stepsisters.It is she who has to wash the dishes, sc
Ghada
سـنـدريـلا.. <3 <33

كل البنات نفسهم يبقوا سندريلا، بس في آخر كام صفحة بس. :DD
محدش طبعًا نفسه يتبهدل البهدلة اللي هي مرّت بيها طول عشر سنين تقريبًا.

أكيد قريتها وأنا صغيرة، بس قريتها تاني وأنا كبيرة كده.

أد إيه الكاتب كان مركز أوي على وصف سندريلا بكل الصفات النبيلة !!
طيبة، وصبورة، وحنينة، وبتعمل خير، ومتحملة الإساءة، وقابلتها بالمعروف.
لأ وكمان جابت لولاد مرات باباها عرسان في آخر القصة..!!!! :D

واللهِ أنا لو منك أعدمهم في ميدان عام أساسًا. :D

جمييييلة، وأظنها شخصية ليست موجودة على هذا الكوكب من
Ahmad Sharabiani
Cinderella, Charles Perrault
عنوان: سیندرلا؛ نویسنده: شارل پرو؛ مترجم: محبوبه جعفری؛ نقاشی و تصویرگر: علی هوشنگی؛ قم، کرانه عشق؛ 1393؛ در 12 ص، مصور رنگی، ذاستانهای تخیلی و افسانه ها برای گروه سنی ب؛ شابک: 9786006907499؛
Yonaily
Las hermanastras de Cenicienta no resultaron ser tan malas como Disney me hizo creer.
Ana Rînceanu
I may find this story problematic, but it still was a big part of my childhood.
Elisa The-Bookie-Monster
I love this editions with all my heart. The art is beautifully creepy, almost Tim Burton-sequel but more feminine I would say.
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
I read this classic fairy tales in the Classics of Children’s Literature (6th Edition) by John W. Griffith and Charles H. Frey. Published by Pearson in Upper Saddle River, NJ in 2005.

Cinderella’s mother is not given much thought but her father takes a second wife and soon Cinderella falls victim to the nasty behavior of a stepmother and two stepsisters. They take her belongings and leave her with nothing but the cinders near the chimney. The King holds a ball and while she is forbidden to go, Ci
Ebba
Note: I read this in the Harper Design edition illustrated by Camille Rose Garcia

I had a really hard time deciding what to rate this. Because the story itself was probably worth a 1.5 or 2 stars because I didn't like it that much but the illustrations are definately worth 5 stars. So we'll go for 3 stars. This was not my favourite Cinderella story, I prefere the version by the brothers Grimm much more. It's a lot more darker and in my opinion, also more complex and interesting than this story.
Amira Mahmoud
Mar 28, 2014 Amira Mahmoud rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
أنك يكون عندك 19 وتبدأ تقرا قصص المكتبة الخضرا للأطفال دى حاجة تافهة ومجنونة في نفس ذات الوقت :D
لكن بصراحة مقدرتش أقاوم فضولي وأكبح رغبتي في أني أقراهم , خصوصاً أنى مقرأتهمش في طفولتي :3
فقررت اقراهم وهقرأ ميكي كمان ^_^
بالنسبة لسندريلا بقى , فكُل بنت نفسها تكون سندريلا وتقابل الأمير لكن ناسيين أن سندريلا عشان توصل للأمير وتكون ملكة صبرت سنين طويلة على عذاب وأضطهاد من عيلتها
كُل حاجة في حياتنا عشان نوصلها محتاجة صبر :)
سندريلا , أسطورتى المُفضلة <3 :)
kim song ng
Feb 01, 2015 kim song ng rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love this. Beautiful artwork and illustrations. Camille Rose Garcia did it again! The colours were amazing throughout the entire book.
Tina
Feb 12, 2015 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Again, I'll probably give 5 stars to almost anything that has Camille Rose Garcia's name on it. This is another stunning edition!
Samin
من از نسل شارل پرو ی فرانسوی تبار قرن هفدهم. از نسل قصه های پریان...شنل قرمزی، زیبای خفته و ... سیندرلا... الای خاکستری. ..سیندر الا.
و فکر می کنم به این که دوازده نیمه شب چهار قرن است که وحشت زاست...
و چهار قرن است که موش های زیر شیروانی در تخیل ما خیاط اند و مهربان!
و چهار قرن است که کفش های بلورین همچنان مد هستند....
و چهار قرن است... ناتنی، فرقی ندارد خواهر باشد یا مادر، دشمن قریب و غریبی است... .
و چهار قرن است که شاهزاده های فقط بر اسب های سپید سوارند.... .
و همه این ها نه فقط یک سال و دو سال
که
Jaqueline Miguel
May 06, 2016 Jaqueline Miguel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Li este livro para o projeto do DisneyInUs, que consiste em ver um filme da Disney por mês e ler o conto/livro que lhe deu origem. Os filmes são escolhidos à sorte e no mês de Maio calhou ver o Cinderela. O conto que deu origem a esse filme foi o Cinderela de Charles Perrault.
Para saberem o que achei do livro e do filme podem dar uma espreitadela ao vídeo que fiz a falar de ambos e a tecer algumas comparações entre os dois: https://youtu.be/9UPzKMKnDJQ
P.S. - Falo também um pouco do live-action l
E.Y.E.-D
Apr 20, 2017 E.Y.E.-D rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics, 2017
I purchased this book hoping to enjoy it as much as I did Snow White and Alice in Wonderland illustrated by Camille Rose Garcia. Unfortunately I did not. I found the illustrations in this book to be a little off putting and not really matching the story.

If you are looking illustrated versions of classic, I would highly recommend choosing Snow White or Alice in Wonderland instead of this one.
 Souad
Nov 25, 2015 Souad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-books
One is never too old for fairytales..
Kristina Lenarczyk
Oct 20, 2016 Kristina Lenarczyk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, own-read, 2016
I am obsessed with her art style!
Katy
In Charles Perralult’s version of Cinderella, the author tells an Italian version of this classic. The pictures, however, are set in 1920s London. The story-line is very similar to the American version. Cinderella has to move in with her father’s new wife and daughters who treat her as a servant. Cinderella does not tell her father how they treat her because she thinks that he would believe his new wife over her. When the King’s son gave a ball both of the stepsisters made Cinderella help them ...more
No Books
Roberto Innocenti, ospite d'onore della trentesima edizione di le immagini della fantasia*, illustra la classica fiaba di Charles Perrault come fosse ambientata nei Roaring Twenties di F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Magistrale la regia delle tavole: valga come esempio la scena in cui le sorellastre salgono sull'auto che le porterà alla festa, scena inquadrata (letteralmente) dalla finestra della soffita in cui Cenerentola è relegata.

p.s.:
sia detto una volta per tutte, non è vero che i piedi femminili so
Fanny
This is just another translation from the classic. The sweet Cinderella is mistreated by her mean step-mother and step-sisters, until the day when she has the opportunity to meet the prince with the help of her Godmother. She marries the prince, after he fell head over heels for her at a ball organized by his father, the king. Cinderella forgives her step-sisters and helps them marry two noble men.

The illustrations are colorful, and look like a painting.
Cassie-la
Dec 20, 2015 Cassie-la rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
ORIGINALLY POSTED: http://bibliomantics.com/2015/12/31/m...

Illustrated by the super talented Rose Camille Garcia, the French version of Cinderella (Cendrillon) is not nearly as dark as the Brothers Grimm tale (Aschenputtel). While I would have loved to see how Garcia illustrated the fate of the stepsisters in the Grimm tale, she once again superbly brought a classic fairy tale to light in a modern way. Do The Little Mermaid next please!
Cecilia
The story about Cinderella I knew before I started this book but it was not because of the story I read it. I read this book because of the illustrations! These both wonderful and creepy illustrations by Camille Rose Garcia - they are both scary and pretty at the same time and I love them for it!
Hafsa
بداياتي مع القراءة
أيام الطفولة
Narmeen Hyder
Sep 03, 2015 Narmeen Hyder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A GORGEOUS PICTURE BOOK. READ IT TO DROOL OVER THEM SKETCHES AND COLORS.

(Yes CAPLOCKS were necessary to show my enthusiastic admiration for this work)
Goodreads Librari...: Not sure if these should be combined. 5 28 Sep 22, 2015 06:21AM
  • Snow White
  • بند انگشتی
  • The Persian Cinderella
  • Сказка о рыбаке и рыбке
  • The Last Resort
  • Cinderella
  • I Didn't Do It
  • Cindy Ellen: A Wild Western Cinderella
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • The Three Snow Bears
  • Goth Girl and the Wuthering Fright (Goth Girl, #3)
  • Clown
  • A Mammoth in the Fridge
  • Claude Gueux
Charles Perrault was a French author who laid foundations for a new literary genre, the fairy tale, and whose best known tales, offered as if they were pre-existing folk tales, include: Little Red Riding Hood, Sleeping Beauty, Puss in Boots, Cinderella, Bluebeard, Hop o' My Thumb), Diamonds and Toads, Patient Griselda, The Ridiculous Wishes...

Perrault's most famous stories are still in print today
More about Charles Perrault...

“Her godmother, who was a fairy, said, "You would like to go to the ball, is that not so?” 4 likes