Start by marking “Crave: The Seduction of Snow White” as Want to Read:
Crave: The Seduction of Snow White

Crave: The Seduction of Snow White

3.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  442 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
When a woman is ripe for the picking . . .

Beth Cordova's life is no fairy tale. Having barely escaped the evil grasp of her wicked stepmother, this "missing princess" seeks refuge in a strict commune where carnal pleasures are forbidden.

Sometimes just one bite of the apple . . .

Her world is lonely and void of intimacy, until the charming Stephen Trent arrives at the commun
Published June 3rd 2008 by Avon Red (first published June 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Crave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crave

Twilight by Stephenie MeyerWinter by Marissa MeyerThe Shadow Queen by C.J. RedwineThe Cider House Rules by John IrvingTear You Apart by Sarah Cross
Apples on the Cover
56th out of 162 books — 31 voters
Enchanted Storms by Annie JacksonTattered Heart by Annie JacksonCinder by Marissa MeyerThe Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. RoquelaureThe Dragon King by Candace Blevins
Stories based on Fairytales
88th out of 125 books — 25 voters

More lists with this book...

Ren
Jun 21, 2012 Ren rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Readers who love erotica that not heavy on the plot
Contain FULL spoilers and some rude words ( I hope no one will feel offended)

Warning : SUITABLE JUST FOR PEOPLE THAT 21 YEARS OLD OR MORE

Dear readers and my GR friends,

I'm again warn you, this reviews will contains some rants (not really)and some rolling-my-eyes- moment. But well, like a good reviewer I am, I try my best to re-telling this naughty and erotica version of one of the famous fairy tale,Snow White.

No,don't imagine the Snow White is like the princess above. Which is Disney's attempt
Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈
So I thought this book was something different than it was, and after I got a few pages in (literally two pages in) I realized that this was straight-up erotica. Meant for those with crazy fairy tale fantasies or those whose husbands/boyfriends/lovers are away. Not me. After about 100 pages its like the two main characters would strip their clothes off and I'd groan, "OMG, you mean they are going to have sex again?" Seriously, how much sex can two people have in a 48 hour period? Especially when ...more
Liz
Jun 12, 2008 Liz rated it did not like it
When, oh when will I learn to read the first chapter before purchasing a book? Especially by an author I've never tried?

But enough about my shortcomings. This book is about the "Seduction of Snow White." I love expanded fairy tales, but this was an extremely poor example. The vague plot of a long lost princess hiding in a religious commune who is found by a reporter was used to connected verbal smut. A vast majority of the book was the protagonists having sex and watching others indulge in hanky
Frances Madrid
Jun 16, 2011 Frances Madrid rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be a complete waste of time. The actual plot could be summed up in one chapter with the rest of the book being one continuous bad sex scene. Very poorly written and conceived. I always try to read books from many different genres to be able to offer suggestions to patron who might be looking for something new to read. The erotic romance genre has been and will continue to be very popular but could we please get some qualified writers!?!
Jessica
Jun 22, 2008 Jessica rated it really liked it
Crave is a very erotic book. I thought that it was written very well, had fantastic descriptions and was a very easy read. I read the book in one day and loved the twist of the original Snow White fairy tale. I thought it was very courgeous of Yardley to go into to depth about what happened at the Compound between Lydia and Henry and Beth and Stephen. Ultimately, I thought it was a great romance story.
Cindi
Aug 09, 2010 Cindi added it
Shelves: hated, weird
I can't even give this book one star. WAY too long for this type of story. I finished it just to finish it. The story, and yes there was a story - - - sort of, could have been okay but the sex was literally almost every page. For this type of story, I will stick with Lacey Alexander. Atleast she usually keeps hers short and sweet.
Terra
Dec 19, 2011 Terra rated it did not like it
Despite this book claiming to be "erotic", I found the sex scenes to be tedious, almost repetitive. I found myself skimming, sometimes even skipping over the parts that were supposed to be sexy and enduring.
Highly disappointed in this book. I definitely thought the "seduction of Snow White" would be, well, a little more seductive.
Nicky
Jul 01, 2014 Nicky rated it it was ok
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the Beauty and the Beast one. The story took too long to really start. This was mostly about Beth and Stephen having sex with all the story action happening at the very end. Like Enslaved, Crave is a twist on a fairy tale, Snow White in this case. Beth was a pure, beautiful young woman hiding out with a cult from her stepmother the queen who was trying to kill her. Stephen is an undercover reporter trying to get a story about the cult. The two meet, have a lot ...more
Maegan
Sep 10, 2014 Maegan rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book more than I did...the sexual content got way too repetitive too quick (and that says a lot for me) There just wasn't enough story for me and by the time a good story started to evolve, it was the end :(
Kristi
Nov 08, 2011 Kristi added it
Um, not what I expected. Thought it would be a retelling of the fairy tale, which I guess it sort of was...The actual plot would have made a short story if that. Otherwise, lots of repetitive sex scenes that I mostly skipped over.
 ♥ Suger Honey ♥
I wanted something quick and easy to read , I started this book knowing what it had in it lots ok hanky panky and it wasn't getting the best reviews when I put it on my reading shelf so I started out 40% not that involved before even opening the book :-( but I did love the cover it lovely little paperback
anyway from page one it was really good and their is a very good story I loved Stephen (swooning)and Beth they where brilliant and yep it states erotic on the back of the book so u no it's in t
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Apr 06, 2013 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it liked it
Shelves: own
~2/5
[This review, among many others, is available on my blog.]

I was expecting to like this book a lot more, particularly because of how much I enjoyed Enslave. And I feel like part of the reason I didn’t enjoy it is my fault.

Beth is living in a commune where men and women are separate and there can be no mingling between the two, and Stephen is a reporter coming in to see if there’s some big secret behind what they’re doing.

I’m going to cover the commune first: the commune is freakin’ crazy. For
Monica
Jan 21, 2012 Monica rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, lolwutno
I can't even find the proper place to begin with what was wrong with this book. Maybe I went in with my expectations set too high? I felt like I was reading a teenager write what they thought sex was like. This is the first time I read a book by this author, so maybe some of the metaphors or comparisons were supposed to be hilarious? I was just expecting more actual seduction and less "OMG HE'S SO HOT I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH HIM, RIGHT NOW AFTER BEING A VIRGIN FOR 27 YEARS AND NEVER WANTING IT B ...more
I_love_a_happily_ever_after
Well.....I did not realize what this book was when I picked it up. I figured it was a spicy retelling of Snow White. Good for those long deployments when the hubby is gone for months at a time. OH MY GOODNESS, it was "spicy" alright!!! Nuclear Missile Spicy! This was pure erotic romance or maybe even just erotica. I felt like a 16 year old kid who just got to see their first sex ed film. I was so embarrassed, and I was reading it when no one was home. I almost did not even put the review up, as ...more
Cassie Mcadams
Nov 19, 2015 Cassie Mcadams rated it really liked it
there's a lot that could be said about this book. I really wish goodreads did half star rates because for me this would be a 3.5. the book was sexy beyond belief and I did enjoy it especially towards the end where there was more plot. however it was nothing like snow white. there where a couple references that didn't come out until close to the end which kind of disappointed me. I don't regret reading this at all I was actually very sucked into it. I just feel there could have been more.
Erin
Jan 07, 2015 Erin rated it did not like it
This book was so boring. The first sex scene was decent as most initial sex scenes are but then it's just different variations of the same scene. The characters are superficially drawn and the plot is next to non-existent. I thought fifty shades was simply written. This makes fifty shades look like les miserables in comparison.
Shiela
Jul 19, 2015 Shiela rated it liked it
Random pick from the sale bin. Lots of sex, but not much seduction. Lots of potential in the setting, but could use quite a bit of tightening in the fairy tale retelling part. Okay enough for a quick read, specially compared to the other modern erotica books out lately.
Kia
Jan 24, 2010 Kia rated it liked it
So I found this book in the bargain bin at Borders for $4.. so I gave it a shot. It was TOTALLY different from anything that I have ever read... definitely wasn't what I had expected. I did like the way she twisted up all the details of the original Snow White and regurgitated them into a completely different plot with the same ideals. It was veryyyyy erotic... although I have to say it was definitely overdone and VERY vulgar. I am not a prude person, but I don't know.. I felt like I was reading ...more
Annie Webber
Aug 06, 2014 Annie Webber rated it it was ok
I stumbled upon this completely by accident at B&N.

I read it but it wasn't the best I've come across as far as erotica books go. But it was eh, okay.
Catherine Butler
Mar 26, 2014 Catherine Butler rated it it was ok
It was a little long in the beggining.... It picks up half way in the book and thats where the action and actual story development really happens. As the action started, thats where it peeked my interest if the story was completely like its 'second half', this I would defs given it 4 stars or more
Phillip
Mar 07, 2014 Phillip rated it really liked it
This book was hilarious. I loved it. A good book to read to your special someone at night when you are alone together. :)
Haze Belleza
Apr 20, 2016 Haze Belleza rated it it was ok
Not a typical fairytale book. Not for children!
Erin
Mar 03, 2016 Erin rated it liked it
Ok, but not as good as I was expecting.
Michelle Kunin
Mar 18, 2015 Michelle Kunin rated it did not like it
Not worth your time. poorly written.
Jenn
May 11, 2015 Jenn rated it it was ok
ugh...even the sex scenes were boring - skip this one!
Kim
Twist on Snow White.. A bit twisted
Shannon Renee
Feb 17, 2013 Shannon Renee rated it really liked it
4.5 really.

I am a major sucker for a fairy tale. So, after I unearthed this book from the bottomless pits of NEED2read, I was uber excited.

Crave is a modern fairy tale, with lots and lots of sex. However, there is a plot (unlike the drivel of Honor Student and you 50 Shades of Incoherant Non-Sense)! There is a clear story, characters that aren't hollow cliches.

I really enjoyed this one and can't wait to read more by this author!
Katie Diaz
Mar 01, 2015 Katie Diaz rated it did not like it
This book was just terrible! It gave me bad SMeyer flashbacks. I don't know what I was thinking...
Stephanie Ziegler
Aug 21, 2012 Stephanie Ziegler rated it really liked it
Recommended to Stephanie by: I paid for this book
Shelves: favorites, i-bought
I really enjoyed this book. Fair warning – if talking in detail about sex gets you horny, make sure you have a man around to satisfy your urges. When the escape starts to happens, my mind was blown by what happens. Things that I did not see coming. I cannot wait to read the 2nd book!

If you don’t believe me, check it out for yourself!

Until next time, take life one page at a time!

• Enchanted Again
  • Master: An Erotic Novel of the Count of Monte Cristo (Seducing the Classics, #2)
  • Return to Me
  • Double Fantasy
  • Hot In Here (Awesome Foursome, #2)
  • Mardi Gras
  • Demon Lover (Fairytale Fantasies #2)
  • Taboo (Albright Sisters, #2.5)
  • The Art of Desire
  • The Horse Master of Shanhasson (Blood and Shadows, #0.5)
  • Fast Girls: Erotica for Women
  • The Erotic Secrets of a French Maid
  • Love's Redemption
  • Double Trouble (I Heart That City)
  • A Witch's Beauty (Daughters of Arianne, #2)
  • The Second Betrayal (Lexi Steele, #2)
  • Charming Blue (Fates, #8)
  • Dreamwalker
A few random facts about me:

I am a fiction addict.

I love J.D. Robb/Nora Roberts, Jim Butcher, J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood, Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter, Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series, Stephen King, Jennifer Crusie, Marian Keyes, J.K. Rowling, and a slew of other authors.

I have been known to stay up all night to finish a new novel. I don't so much read as devour.

I am an out of
More about Cathy Yardley...