Start by marking “Sepron The Sea Serpent (Beast Quest, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sepron The Sea Serpent (Beast Quest, #2)

Sepron The Sea Serpent (Beast Quest #2)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  1,339 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
One boy's journey to help his village becomes a quest to save the kingdom. Features a fearsome new beast in every book!
Floods. Starvation. Fear. This is what awaits the people of Avantia's coast if Tom and Elenna cannot stop Sepron the Sea Serpent. The huge and terrifying beast lurks in eerie waters. All the fish have fled and no boats dare to pass.
Tom and Elenna meet a
Published March 1st 2007 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sepron The Sea Serpent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sepron The Sea Serpent

Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho
Dec 09, 2013 Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Childrens
Shelves: fantasy, children
This new adventure is a bit weaker than the previous one. If what I enjoy are anti-heroes and evil characters, in a childrens book I don't expect that. I expect good values of life, for a child. Then when he grows up it's expected that he learns that the world is a bit different. That there are different kinds of lies, that not all that shines is pure and good. And so on... So I didn't expect Elena to convice our main character to steal a boat. That was unexpected. This is a straightfoward tale ...more
John Von
Jan 13, 2017 John Von rated it it was amazing
A splashing good book this is!
Clare O'Beara
Now Tom and his friend Elenna have to free the Sea Serpent called Sepron from a magical chain which makes him angry. The huge serpent has been scaring away fish from a fishing village, smashing boats, and as the young warriors approach the shore it even causes a tidal wave (otherwise known as a tsunami, but not in the kingdom of Avantia).

Can the two free the serpent without harming him - or being drowned?

I enjoyed this tale which shows how a sea beast needs to be free to roam. The pictures are
Josh
Jan 09, 2014 Josh rated it liked it
In this book Tom and Elenna go on there 2nd adventure. They have to travel to the ocean to free Sepron from a evil curse ,in the form of a gold lock, put on him by Malvel an evil sorcerer. If Tom and Elenna don't stop Sepron he will flood Avantia. This was a good book but an easy read for me.
 Katie
Jun 26, 2009 Katie rated it it was ok
The reason I didn't like this was due to the fact that I thought it was a total rip off of the Quest of Deltora. I mean, the first book was just a watered down version with different names!
Miłośniczka Książek
Jul 28, 2014 Miłośniczka Książek rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dzieci
"Sepron. Wąż morski" to druga część wielotomowej serii fantastycznej dla dzieci oraz młodzieży pt "Na tropie Bestii". Poszczególne historie pisane są przez różnych autorów, lecz wszystkie one sygnowane są wspólnym pseudonimem literackim: Adam Blade. Seria a opowiada o przygodach Toma, który jednego dnia był zwykłym chłopcem mieszkającym we wsi Errinel pod opieką swego wujostwa, a już następnego stał się długo wyczekiwanym bohaterem, który miał do wykonania śmiertelnie niebezpieczną misję, z jaką ...more
Amara
Sepron the Sea Serpent is the second book in Adam Blade's Beast Quest series, and it's much the same as the first in terms of quality. It's not a bad book by any means, but it's particularly fascinating either.

In Sepron the Sea Serpent, Tom and Elenna have just recently freed Ferno the Fire Dragon from Malvel's spell, and next on their list is the titular sea monster. Like Ferno, he has been magically enslaved by the nefarious wizard, and they'll need to unlock the chain around his neck to free
Ann
Brave young Tom, his loyal steed Storm, and his new found friends (Elenna and her devoted wolf Silver), continue their quest of freeing the beasts so they no longer wreak havoc on the world (on the magical commands of the evil wizard Malvel), and can return to the good, helpful beasts that they truly are.

I love this concept, and adore the fact that the beasts are actually good (not to mention the horse and the wolf!). I like Tom and Elenna. And I'm impressed that author Adam Blade can infuse suc
Dharia Scarab
Jul 01, 2016 Dharia Scarab rated it liked it

Myself, I go ou
Lillian
Sep 21, 2014 Lillian rated it really liked it
What a fun adventure and a SUSPENSEFUL ending! Tom was having some pretty bad luck trying to get the (view spoiler) at the end. After failing a few times, I actually thought the story might have an unhappy ending or something, hahaha...

This little book is a nice bite sized fantasy cookie. I def recommend them to early readers. :) These Beast Quest books are pretty good, considering how small they are.
Jessica
Read the Swedish Edition called "Sjöormens förbannelse" (translated "The curse of the Sea serpent" so a little off).

My seven year old thought it ought to be rated 4,5 star (and the half star was because he did not like that the prolog and the first chapter of the next book was in it).

As an adult I thought it at times to boring and with strange choices of which details to describe. Ok as a childs book but gave nothing to me.
The Brothers
Asher (6yo) read. Review has spoilers.(view spoiler)
Brian
Aug 15, 2013 Brian rated it liked it
While I haven't read the first in the series, this second one is short, adventure-filled, and not too gory for the young kids who will read it. The front cover is pretty scary, and there are moments of high drama, but in general it should work for the younger set who want a bit more energy that the Secrets of Droon can offer.
Becky
Oct 05, 2012 Becky rated it really liked it
this book picked up where the last one left off. Again having my 7 year hold read this aloud to me, I have seen his reading improve over the course of this book. He is also very excited to read! The story isn't so boring that I tune out, which is a plus, but it is definitely for a younger generation!
Ty Auditore
Feb 08, 2011 Ty Auditore rated it liked it
The Beast Quest Series is interesting, but it is repetitive and after a few books you sort of know what's going to happen next. I find the book very simple and a easy reader for kids. I think it is very descriptive but I will only give it a 3.
Jessica Moore
Aug 18, 2012 Jessica Moore rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books

My 7 year old son was quite excited by the book and asked me to read it, telling me it was a "quick read." how could I say no? Classic fantasy storyline of a boy and a quest. I'm sure my son would give it 5 stars, and as he's the target audience, well done!
Daken Howlett
Variante marina del primo episodio,questa volta i danni causati dalla besti sono molto più ingenti e la battaglia risulterà essere molto più difficile,a causa dell'elemento acquatico.
Inferiore al primo capitolo ma comunque piacevole.
Raphael
Sep 25, 2008 Raphael rated it it was amazing
There is a boy he went to a vilage at the sea the whole vilage was under watter. So he went with a boat out to the sea. He throw the anker and dived in the deep.He saved Sepron the sea Serpent. The watter came back and all were happy.
Torina
Jan 12, 2010 Torina rated it really liked it
this was a better books because he took on a different type of challenge, he faught underwater which was an interesting challenge but it was fun to read! i plan on reading every book in the searies because they are short sorta but pretty fun
Tiffiny
Ryan's review: It was amazing!
Mom's review: What I like about this series is Tom and Elenna's courage and bravery and their compassion for those affected by monsters created by the evil wizard Malvel.
Shahrun
I though this was a little better than the first in book in the series (Ferno), but they're just so formulaic and predictable. Not really for me. Little boys would love them though, danger, magic and adventure - with pictures too.
Lindsey
Mar 18, 2013 Lindsey rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-lit
Nice series that is very simple to read and understand. I think that boys would get into the adventure, fantasy of the plot. I haven't read others, but definitely wasn't hard to start in to this book without reading the prior book. Good fantasy genre for elementary kids.
Christopher Gunn
this book was mostly about two teenaged kids traveling the country in search for locked up beast the lock controls there mind making them destroy anything that near land where they rome these two kids
Atreyu
Jan 06, 2014 Atreyu rated it liked it
I thought it was a good book if you like adventure it is about a boy and his friend saving a town from a serpent the serpent eats all the food and doesn't like boats to pass without the boy defeating the serpent the town would have died
Ackerman
Sep 30, 2015 Ackerman rated it really liked it
Tom has defeated Malvels` first beast and is going to carry on to defeat Sepron the sea serpent with his new friend Elenna her pet wolf Silver and his brave horse Storm. Reading this book I found it really interesting and enjoyable. to find out what happens next read this amazing book. ...more
Morbus Iff
Mar 04, 2012 Morbus Iff rated it really liked it
Shelves: younger, read-to-kids
Still approaching with the "D&D for five year olds" mentality. Which is what I want.
Meltedbark
Jun 06, 2013 Meltedbark rated it it was ok
Hayden
Oct 04, 2012 Hayden rated it really liked it
It was awesome. sepron saved tom,s life
Jodie
Jan 10, 2015 Jodie rated it really liked it
Such a fun series! Really quick read. I love that the books are geared toward young boys, giving them faith and hope in themselves and what they are capable of.
Patrick Puckridge
Apr 04, 2011 Patrick Puckridge rated it really liked it
not as good as the first one but still good 9/10
  • The Evil Elves (Moongobble and Me #3)
  • Catching The Velociraptor (Dinosaur Cove, #5)
  • Journey to the Volcano Palace (The Secrets of Droon, #2)
  • Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2)
  • Islands in the Sky (Voyage of the Basset 1)
  • The Ruby Princess Runs Away (Jewel Kingdom #1)
  • The Search for the Sunken Treasure: Australia (Secret Agent Jack Stalwart, #2)
  • Beware the Bohrok (Bionicle Chronicles, #2)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Team Rocket Blasts Off! (Pokemon Chapter Books #5)
  • Wellspring of Magic (Creative Girls Club Adventure, #1)
Adam Blade is the house name for the Working Partners Ltd. ghostwriters who write the Beast Quest and Sea Quest series.

Adam Blade is in his late twenties, and was born in Kent, England. His parents were both history teachers and amateur artists, and Adam grew up surrounded by his father’s paintings of historic English battles – which left a lifelong mark on his imagination. He was also fascinated
More about Adam Blade...

Beast Quest (1 - 10 of 82 books)
  • Ferno The Fire Dragon (Beast Quest, #1)
  • Cypher The Mountain Giant (Beast Quest, #3)
  • Tagus the Night Horse (Beast Quest, #4)
  • Tartok The Ice Beast (Beast Quest, #5)
  • Epos The Winged Flame (Beast Quest, #6)
  • Zepha The Monster Squid (Beast Quest, #7)
  • Claw The Giant Ape (Beast Quest, #8)
  • Soltra The Stone Charmer (Beast Quest, #9)
  • Vipero The Snake Man (Beast Quest, #10)
  • Arachnid The Spider King (Beast Quest, #11)