Start by marking “My Grandson Lew” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
My Grandson Lew

Charlotte Zolotow

My Grandson Lew

Young Lewis misses his grandfather, even though he died when Lewis was only two. Together Lew and his mother learn that remembering Grandpa together is less lonely than each remembering him alone. "Warm, rich, and beautiful, a comforting consideration of death".--ALA Booklist. An ALA Notable Children's Book.
Paperback
Published August 30th 2007 by Harpercollins Childrens Books (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about My Grandson Lew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Grandson Lew

Cheryl
Oct 27, 2016 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-enjoy-again
Oh, oh, oh my. Why do these treasures fall out of print for the latest glitz? I had to buy a copy of this (from Better World Books via Half.com, my favorite source from which to get a handful of books at a time). But it's in great shape, and I see no reason that, if displayed or talked, it would not have been checked out and therefore saved by the discarding library. I will definitely reread it before passing it on (probably to a Little Free Library but to *you* if you want it ;).

Perhaps you've
Lobstergirl
Nov 05, 2013 Lobstergirl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Brent Bozell
Shelves: kid-books

I'm tracking down every book illustrated by master illustrator William Pène du Bois.

Although 6-year-old Lewis was only two when he last saw his grandpa, he has fond memories. Grandpa left this mortal coil shortly after...and oddly, his mother didn't tell Lewis, because Lewis never asked where Grandpa was. Lewis remembers going to the art gallery with him, and seeing him stand in the doorway as he drifted off to sleep, and the scratchiness of his beard. Lewis's memories help his mother reminisce.
Christy
Feb 12, 2017 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Together Lewis and his mother remember Grandpa, who used to come in the night when Lewis called.
Rebecca
Jun 14, 2008 Rebecca rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
It's amazing the memories children have. This child remembers being with his grandfather when he was two years old and he and his mother reminisce. Grandfather has died though and the grandson misses him and asks about him. The message is that it's good to remember those who have passed away.
Rachel
So sweet. So sweet. I was tearing up reading this at the desk. Shouldn't have even been on the cart, as it belongs to a CPL. But there you go.
Niña
Niña rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2013
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2013
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2013
Cyndi
Cyndi rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2009
Eileen
Eileen rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
BunnyDumpling
BunnyDumpling rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2009
Patricia Storms
Patricia Storms rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2013
Sandi Thomps
Sandi Thomps rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2013
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Jacki
Jacki rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2011
Leah W-F
Leah W-F rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2012
Annie
Annie rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Destiny
Destiny rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2014
Katharine
Katharine rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2012
Diana
Diana rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2017
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2011
Kate Farrell
Kate Farrell rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Taralen
Taralen rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2011
Cherie
Cherie rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
S
S rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2011
Merline White
Merline White rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2009
Buxmont Uu
WAMWAO Session 34
Shelli
Shelli rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Charlotte Zolotow (born Charlotte Gertrude Shapiro) was an American author, poet, editor, and publisher of many books for children.
She was published by more than 20 different houses (many of which she has outlasted). She was an editor, and later publisher, at Harper & Row, which was called Harper & Brothers when she began to work there and is now known as HarperCollins.
Among the many write
More about Charlotte Zolotow...