Start by marking “A Star-Spangled Murder (Susan Henshaw, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Star-Spangled Murder (Susan Henshaw, #6)

A Star-Spangled Murder (Susan Henshaw #6)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Susan Henshaw and her family have been coming to their summerhouse in Maine for years, but when neighbor Humphrey Taylor is found bludgeoned to death in her living room, Susan's relaxing holiday goes out with the tide as she searches to find the killer before he or she strikes again. But the killer may just find her first . . .
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published May 29th 1993 by Fawcett (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about A Star-Spangled Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Star-Spangled Murder

Naomi
OMG..this book was brain numbing! It gave cozy a whole new meaning. I have read some cozies that weren't as light and fluffy as this book. In my humble opinion, the only thing that was missing were the recipes! Just nothing to this book..can't say anymore!
Gina
***EDIT***

After thinking about this book all day I have decided to change my review to 1 star. I have been angry all day that I even wasted time reading it and there really isn't any redeeming qualities in the book. I was much too generous earlier giving it a 2 star review and I won't hurt anyone's feelings by saying DON'T READ THIS BOOK!!! IT STINKS! 1 STAR.

Bookflap Description- Susan Henshaw and her family have been coming to their summerhouse in Maine for years, but when neighbor Humphrey Tay...more
Margo Brooks
I had trouble with this book. The setting was interesting--an island in Maine near Arcadia National Park--and I enjoyed the accounts of Maine's 4th of July celebratrations, but I didn't like any of the characters and couldn't keep them straight. I know that part of the story hinged on the fact that no one was terribly upset when the neighbor's husband winds up murdered, but would the houseguests really all go to the fireworks the next night--especailly when half the island is out looking for one...more
Linda
Good little mystery set at the Fourth of July in Maine.
LJ
A STAR-SPANGLED MURDER - NR
Wolzien, Valerie - 6th in Susan Henshaw series

Susan Henshaw and her family have been coming to their summer house in Maine for years, but when neighbor Humphrey Taylor is found bludgeoned to death in her living room, Susan's relaxing holiday goes out with the tide.

Somebody in the small town committed murder—and in between making potato salad, watching the July 4th parade, and dodging firecrackers Susan means to find out who.

Way too light for me, not my cup of tea.
Sandybear76
I found this mystery at the Friends of the Juneau Library bookstore. It was a huge space in a small shopping center.

Susan and her friend Kathleen traveled to Maine to Susan's family summer house on a small island, which is busy preparing for the island's Fourth of July celebrations. Susan has new neighbors, a family with 3 little girls, who have a big secret.
ChrisGA
Susan and Katherine go up vacation in house on Maine island and find another dead body. Complicating the situation are three children and one big, stupid dog. Enjoyed this one and meeting Titiana. Very engaging storyline.
Christine
I've read other books by the author. I enjoy the characters. A quick summer read.
Cassidy  Larsen
A super quick, fun, summer read. It was kind of cheesy, but I was ok with that.
Laura added it
Sep 19, 2014
Allison Rasa
Allison Rasa marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Connie Steckel
Connie Steckel marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Carolyn Injoy
Carolyn Injoy marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Megan Presley
Megan Presley marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Karen
Karen added it
May 20, 2014
Judi Hoefle
Judi Hoefle marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Vicki
Vicki added it
Mar 07, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Valerie Wolzien is the author of the Susan Henshaw suburban mysteries and the Josie Pigeon seashore mysteries. Ms. Wolzien lives in an old house overlooking the Hudson River. She loves to hear from readers and can be reached online at valerie@wolzien.com.
More about Valerie Wolzien...
Murder at the PTA Luncheon (Susan Henshaw, #1) We Wish You a Merry Murder (Susan Henshaw, #3) All Hallows' Evil (Susan Henshaw, #4) The Fortieth Birthday Body (Susan Henshaw, #2) Remodeled to Death (Susan Henshaw, #9)