Start by marking “Ravished by the Rake” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Ravished by the Rake
Louise Allen

Ravished by the Rake (Danger and Desire (Shipwreck) #1)

Vivacious lady Perdita Brooke prides herself on her social poise...except when faced with devastatingly dashing Alistair Lyndon. The dreamy young man Dita once knew is now a hardened rake, who clearly does not remember their passionate night together...however much it's emblazoned on her memory!
Now Dita has the perfect opportunity to remind Alistair of their sizzling chem
Published February 1st 2012 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ravished by the Rake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ravished by the Rake

Jan 31, 2012 Joanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Louise Allen's historical romances; she writes such strong female leads, and this book is no exception. 'Ravished by the Rake' is the first book in the 'Danger & Desire' trilogy. It starts in India when various characters from the mini-series are about to board a ship for a three-month voyage to England. A large proportion of the book is set on and around the ship 'Bengal Queen'. This book gets the trilogy off to an excellent start, and I look forward to reading the next two books.
Dita is a hellion of a woman and I absolutely love her! She refuses to believe she can't do something simply because she's a woman. She's hopelessly in love with Alistair, frequently remembering their time together in her youth. Alistair on the other hand is completely cynical towards love for reasons you find out late in the book and has no recollection of their time together. The journey the two take in learning about each other's pasts as well as how they fit into each other's futures is an e ...more
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Ok, let me start off that it has been a crazy month and I just need a quick read to get through this time. I have to say that Harliquien novels are for that. I saw that Louise Allen came out with a new series. It's not really new since it has been publish in England before here. Who cares, right?

I guess I should get to the nitty gritty of this book and not focus on when it was originally published.

Allen's current series is called Danger and Desire. Sounds intriguing, doesn't it? There is a lot a
Sep 23, 2013 Cris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historicos, regencia
Apesar de metade da historia se passar dentro de um navio, durante uma viagem da Índia para a Inglaterra, a historia não ficou maçante.
A mocinha, para fugir de um escândalo, passa 8 anos morando na Índia, e na viagem de volta, reencontra o seu primeiro amor, o homem que roubou a sua virtude e que não se lembra de nada! Ele, claro, acha que por conta do escândalo, ela é uma mulher sem moral e a julga mal. E ela mostra que moral, ela tem muita, ela apenas não se importa com a opinião del
Feb 03, 2015 Tasneem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency
I loved Perdita. Her passion and her strength made her a marvellous heroine. I loved how she took on the ton and her detractors head on - how she made a weakness a strength and ensured she wasn't seen as a victim. Alistair was masterful and I enjoyed seeing him fall in love and come to realise how much she meant to him.

Re-read 01/02/2015 - I reread this and must say I enjoyed it even better the second time around. I enjoyed Dita. She has so much personality, her ability to make the best of her
Stevie Carroll
Feb 16, 2013 Stevie Carroll rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First in a series, that I yet again managed to read in completely the wrong order. Knowing what would happen to everyone overall failed to spoil the fun, however. A delightful pair of protagonists here, and lots of enchanting secondary characters, more of whom deserved their own books than actually got to have their stories told. A lovely link into the next book of the set at the end too.
Dec 20, 2015 Nadia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Un poco lento al principio pero se va poniendo más interesante conforme la historia avanza. Es la introducción de los personajes y de la historia que imagino que escritora desarrollará mucho mejor en los siguientes libros.
Oct 07, 2012 Dancer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't certain that I would enjoy this book as it takes the Regency heroine and places her in Calcutta, but I should have known that Louise Allen is not to be faulted. She is an excellent storyteller.
Apr 11, 2012 Donna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever read a book so poorly written you thought, well shit I could have written that!? Yes, I read the whole thing and enjoyed parts but the plot was at best convenient at times and at worst just ridiculous.
Apr 09, 2016 Olga rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
libro soso y aburrido que no dice nada...los personajes sin matices y la historia cumple con su papel de historia romantica sin mas pretensiones...
Rose rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Theresa rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2012
Daniella rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2015
Apr 03, 2012 Amberita rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the worst book I have ever read!
Gillian rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2013
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Danger & Desire
Kristen Koster
Kristen Koster rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Robin Chapman
Robin Chapman rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2013
AlysiaM619 rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2014
Birgitte Rasmussen
Birgitte Rasmussen rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Anny rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2012
Giaghazal rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2013
Joelle rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2014
Andrea Valdez
Andrea Valdez rated it liked it
May 19, 2014
Shel rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
SH rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Kim rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2013
Lorena rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Allison rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Highland Rogue, London Miss
  • An Escapade and An Engagement
  • How to Disgrace a Lady (The Rakes Beyond Redemption #1)
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Mills & Boon Historical)
  • Unmasking the Duke's Mistress (Gentlemen of Disrepute #1)
  • The Runaway Countess
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • Captured for the Captain's Pleasure
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • The Lady Forfeits (Copeland Sisters, #2)
  • Masquerading Mistress
  • Bound to the Barbarian (Palace Brides #1)
  • Warrior of Ice (Warriors of Ireland, #1)

This author also writes under the name Francesca Shaw.

I have had my nose buried in a history book - fact or fiction - for as long as I can remember, but even more important to me are the places and the objects that conjure up the past. My first attempt at historical fiction
More about Louise Allen...

Danger and Desire (Shipwreck) (3 books)
  • Seduced by the Scoundrel