Start by marking “Heaven's Price - Sang Penari” as Want to Read:
Heaven's Price - Sang Penari

Heaven's Price - Sang Penari

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  1,567 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Blair Simpson, penari andal dalam berbagai pertunjukkan Broadway, cedera payah. Supaya bisa beristirahat total, Blair menerima tawaran sahabatnya untuk menyewa apartemen di sebuah kota kecil. Pada hari pertamanya, Blair berkenalan dengan tetangganya, Sean Garret, yang pura-pura menjadi pemijat.

Sean tidak malu-malu menunjukkan rasa tertariknya pada Blair, tapi gadis itu men
Mass Market Paperback, 230 pages
Published February 2003 by PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven's Price - Sang Penari, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven's Price - Sang Penari

When I read one of her older books and finish it, I say to myself, "Maura, have you not learned your lesson yet?" This one was pure eighties... record players, a mustache, leg-warmers. But I kept on reading it. I probably would have loved it years ago.

Even the fact that the hero had an Irish connection couldn't save it

"Since I was Irish she thought it would be nice if I sang Danny Boy."

I need to address a serious problem with romances novels. The male character always feels the need to warn the female that she's putting herself at risk in some stupid way or another. He always uses lines like, "If you open your door to a strange man again, I'll blister your bottom," or, "I'll turn you over my knee if you ever endanger yourself like that again!" Seriously! Just once I'd like the female character to say something like, "Speeding is dangerous! If I ever catch you doing it again, I ...more
I started reading Sandra Brown books so long ago - probably before I really should have been (: I think my mom had a bunch around the house, and I just started reading them, and pretty soon devoured so much of what she had written! While this wasn't my favorite book of hers, I still enjoyed it. I picked this one up because I specifically wanted to read a romance. I didn't want anything dystopian, young adult, suspenseful, etc; I just wanted a romance. And that's exactly what I got. Blair is a st ...more
Oct 27, 2011 Lili rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: grandma
This book was not too bad but it's just that it's so old... maybe that's what women were like back then.
I considered the outdated things as amusing and funny, like the hot sex scenes... I think the most they were allowed to say back then was "nipple"... everything was implicit, one moment they were kissing passionately and in the next paragraph they were done and VERY tired of all the love making.
Well this was another good book by Sandra Brown. Not one of my favorites but still very good.

I like to read how people find their true love, how they realize what is the most important thing for them in life.

It was a really good book, which teaches a lot.
Funzee Shu
Tadinya mau kasih 3.5,tapiiiii......
GagaL totaL gara2 Sean Garret'nya BERKUMIIIIIISSS !!!
Ga suka cowo berkumisss......

Kalo ceritanya mah manissssss....

Tapi langsung "jatoh" hanya gara2 KUMIS !!!

Subyektif ini mah komennya, hahahaha
Blair is a passionate dancer whose injury has forced her to take a break. She temporarily moves to a small town where her friend lives and meets Sean, the landlord. An immediate connection occurs, yet Blair insists on resisting whatever she desires. Sean, however, does not want to give up on her, and he tries to make her feel attached to the town and to him, too. After her recovery, Blair flies to New York for an audition and returns to the small town after being rejected. Sean then hopes that s ...more
Im afraid my rating may be unfair as I read this book as an abridged audio. The recording was weird with random funky music and abridgement always leaves something to be desired.
This book wasn't my favorite book of Sandra Brown. Still enjoyed it. :)
I am such a sucker for Sandra Brown's old books. When she was recommended to me years ago, I couldn't read her books fast enough. Things changed after "Unspeakable". Having read that, and hated it beyond any book I had read up to that point, I swore I would never read another one of her books. Things changed about a year ago and here I am rereading her old stuff and reading her books that came after "Unspeakable".

I love "Heaven's Price" as much as I did when I read it the first time. Great stor
ini salah satu 'novel awal' Ms. Brown atau gimana?
Did not like this book at all. In fact, the moment Sean opened his mouth, i was seriously put off. I put the book down after a few pages itself.

In whatever few pages I read, Sean's character was dominating and dumb and Blair just takes it. He orders her around and does what he pleases, while she just goes along his plans. I can take this type of characters in a historical setting cause people were like that, but this is too much to take in a contemporary American setting.

All in all, I did not
Svetlana Kostova
Много приятна книжка. Чете се на един дъх.
okey sudah baca untuk menghibur waktu saya yang nga senggang dan mengejar storan bacah adeh....

satuhal yang aku paling suka, umur 30 tahun bukanlah waktu yang terlambat untuk menemukan belahan jiwa jadi seharusnya aku santai saja.
yang ga suka, kumis, hahaha... masih mencoba membayangkan bagian mana seksinya kumis. untuk saat ini hem, aku ga suka cowok berkumis berjenggot, ber bulu... hehehe... tapi uh mau di gendendong kemana-mana kaya lagunya alm, eyang surip loh..........
I love Sandra Brown. I have everyone of her books. This is just one that did not appeal to me. I love the fact that there was a happy ending but it was her always arguing with herself and him being dominat over her. I know back then women were more submissive but this character just took submission to a new level.

I dont want to go too in depth because of spoilers. But it was a good book just your trypical quick romance novel
Anastasia Ervina
Menarik! Mengisahkan bahwa tak selamanya hal yang justru membahagiakan kita adalah dengan menuruti segala ambisi dan cita-cita kita. Terkadang Tuhan memberikan jalan lain yang lebih indah walaupun awalnya tak sesuai dengan keinginan kita.
Cerita ini mengisahkan tentang kegigihan Blair untuk dapat menari lagi di tengah cedera lutut yang dialaminya dan bagaimana Sean perlahan-lahan mengubah hidupnya.
Joyce Ferrante
When Blair Simpson suffers an injury that results in her having to take 6 months off from dancing, she moves to a small town to be near an old dance friend while she's healing. She's determined to return to the big city and dancing friends once she's healed - until things in this small town cause her to rethink her future... Another great romance story to curl up with!!
I just read California Girl by T. Jefferson Parker. I can't find it anywhere on Goodreads so I'm writing about it here. This is the first time I've read anything by Parker. I found California Girl to be excellent. It is a mystery and the plot is complicated. The reader must peel back layer after layer until finding the kernel of truth. It's a great read.
Sarah Schmitt
Blair a new york professional dancer moves to a small town to recuperate an injured knee. Unprepared and shocked by the powerful attraction to her landlord Sean, sexy and a total alpha male she repeatedly denies his offer at love. Soon she gives in, and begins a sexy affair while she struggles to hold on to her life as a professional dancer.
One word for it would be DISAPPOINTING! I just don't know why I've wasted my time reading this super duper boring book. And though it was a good start but as the story keeps on progressing it's just keeps on getting worst than ever. So my advice is that don't waste your time if you have any plans of reading this. That's all.
Lauren Gommert
Even for a romance novel this one lacked substance. It was a quick read, and parts were pretty amusing, but other parts had me scanning the page for the next hot love scene. The reader isn't able to connect at all with the characters, making it hard to read, and care about, anything that happens to them
Rebecca Dean
I read this book in 1984, I made it through again in 2013, but it was a struggle. I just don't enjoy this type of writing or story anymore. Only 1 star from me.
Considering the fact that I'm rather young.. this book was amusing. The storyline was fairly basic but what kept me giggling in the middle of the night were the hot steamy sessions. However, I do admit that it was a very enjoyable read and it's a nice book to read after a long day.
A dancer on Broadway injured a knee and was recuperating in a small town where she met and fell in love with her landlord. What needed to decide what to do about her career. I thought this was a good book about life's challenges and the best way to overcome them.
I really liked this book as steamy romances go and Sean was delicious. However, there wasn't a whole lot of substance to the story so I'm giving it a 3 for that reason (in spite of how much I enjoyed reading it). I will be reading more Sandra Brown in the future.
Yang aku inget malah adegan ML di tangganya... #plaaaak

Keinginan jadi penari ga pernah kesampaian, akhirnya puas2in baca ini deh :)). Suka kalo si cowo yang ngejar2 kayak gini, ha ha ha. Kayaknya cowo ngejar cewe di novel romance makin jarang aja yah...
Dancer with an injury is forced to see the "other side of life".....the side other than dancing. Friends try to help with the healing process and show her that the life she has run away from has much more to offer than she ever realized.
Rosemary Gunn
Sneeked this book from my mom's book stack when I was about 14. It was my first grown up romance and ohm'god! There was no going back to teenage love stories after this one! It's true ... you always remember your very first!
  • Where There Is Evil
  • York, The Renegade (The Shamrock Trinity, #2) (The Delaneys, #2)
  • Date with the Devil
  • Christmas Cowboy - Natal Sang Koboi
  • The Disobedient Bride
  • Pirate (Leisure historical romance)
  • Sang Partner (Sleeping Partners)
  • Take on Me (Harlequin Blaze, #314)
  • About Adam (Mayfair Square, #5)
  • Lightning That Lingers
  • An Arabian Marriage (Sister Brides, #1)
  • Reflections (The Bannions, #1)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), & SMOKE SCREEN (2008).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since t
More about Sandra Brown...
Lethal The Alibi Mean Streak Ricochet Chill Factor